Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 08 December 2011 at 6:11pm | IP Logged
X

Prime time switch 

Some telly hotties jump from one show to another as lead characters with effortless ease 

Amrita Mulchandani 

On prime time television,where superstars are a rare breed,there are some actors who manage to switch channels and shows and even find instant acceptance in their new avatars.Not for them the pangs of waiting for dream roles even as they are forced into a sabbatical.What makes these actors get out of their image trap with such effortless ease and slip on to new roles so soon 
Actors are repeated when they are good,have freshness left in them and the right attitude to work.Channels also need to approve of the popular actor when hes signed in as the lead character in a show.The average shelflife of a TV actor is three to five years,so he/she makes the most of the telly stint, says creative producer Siddharth P Malhotra,as he goes on to add,Often TV actors are not repeated as leads because success goes to their heads and channels and the production houses find it difficult to work with them. 
So what works in favour for actors who are repeated as leads in TV shows Some shows need fresh faces and some require known ones.Plus,it is not necessary that fresh faces always work.Established and popular actors are repeated based on their professionalism and acting experience,besides,they also add value to the show.I have repeated actors who not only fit in their characters but are also thorough professionals, says producer Rajan Shahi.
Do actors who move on to newer lead characters consider themselves fortunate I didnt want to be seen too frequently on the small screen,thats why I never did cameos.Confidence and positive attitude are my forte.Unlike other TV actors Im not insecure since my parents supported me completely when I was on a break and thats what worked for me, says actor Rati Pandey.
Actor Aditya Redij says,Whenever Ive been given a chance,I have proved myself as an actor.I am glad that producers who have faith in me repeated me.I feel good performance is what keeps an actor going. Actor Kritika Kamra admits that her hard work has paid off and has given her another lead character to perform.I am lucky as producers and audience have faith in me. 
In an era where remote control junkies decide the fates of their telly idols,keeping the audiences faith is all important indeed! 
[email protected]

Clockwise from right: Aditya Redij,Harshad Chopra,Kritika Kamra,Rati Pandey,Sanaya Irani and Barun Sobti 

[Previous] Ahmedabad Times [Next]

The following 24 member(s) liked the above post:

dent4uskamaniHCshiz4evaViviansparkling-starhina91Karanika-KMH-mesmerised-Butifuleyes-Siddhi--Ramya-mysticloverdreamy4everkhajjuanitaraniwadi..dollFangirl_AnnieUZIS-MariaMars-moniluvskinshukKhatamKahaniSunShine_Apyar-ishknikita_88

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "TOI: Prime Time Switch -- HC" in Dharampatni forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

pyar-ishk

IF-Stunnerz

pyar-ishk

Posted: 08 December 2011 at 6:24pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing

I'm not surprise all producers want to recreate there own magic either with an new face or an experience actor with a new lead. I have nothing against new faces but there are so many actors aren't working cause there experience go against them. Producers come with this excuse about the actor letting fame go to there head so they can hire new face and paid them less.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Karanika-KMHArmu4eva_xCIOT_

sparkling-star

sparkling-star

Posted: 08 December 2011 at 6:34pm | IP Logged
May he be lead on many other prime time shows! (: 
Harshad, your simply amaaazing. 
Love him since I first saw him in AD. :D Embarrassed 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Armu4evakomal jagdesh-Maha-

_Bidzie_

IF-Stunnerz

_Bidzie_

Posted: 08 December 2011 at 8:00pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing.

april10

IF-Rockerz

april10

Posted: 09 December 2011 at 3:45am | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing.  May we will see him in prime time shows for long time

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

komal jagdesh

komal jagdesh

IF-Dazzler

komal jagdesh

Posted: 09 December 2011 at 3:51am | IP Logged
t4s

Karanika-KMH

Karanika-KMH

Posted: 09 December 2011 at 4:54am | IP Logged
Fnx 4 sharin!!!
Love u loadzzz, Harshad!!!Embarrassed
Keep coming in new shows as lead coz u r just amazin n best actor!!!Wink
All da best 4 ur future shows!!!Thumbs Up

Aizatmir

Aizatmir

Posted: 09 December 2011 at 8:09am | IP Logged
Harshad is amazing.i just lv all ekta's finds.kritika is just a doll n my fav lv her n ya they r really sucesful bcoz they r down to earth.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Karanika-KMH

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.