Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 08 December 2011 at 6:10pm | IP Logged
>

Prime time switch 

Some telly hotties jump from one show to another as lead characters with effortless ease 

Amrita Mulchandani 

On prime time television,where superstars are a rare breed,there are some actors who manage to switch channels and shows and even find instant acceptance in their new avatars.Not for them the pangs of waiting for dream roles even as they are forced into a sabbatical.What makes these actors get out of their image trap with such effortless ease and slip on to new roles so soon 
Actors are repeated when they are good,have freshness left in them and the right attitude to work.Channels also need to approve of the popular actor when hes signed in as the lead character in a show.The average shelflife of a TV actor is three to five years,so he/she makes the most of the telly stint, says creative producer Siddharth P Malhotra,as he goes on to add,Often TV actors are not repeated as leads because success goes to their heads and channels and the production houses find it difficult to work with them. 
So what works in favour for actors who are repeated as leads in TV shows Some shows need fresh faces and some require known ones.Plus,it is not necessary that fresh faces always work.Established and popular actors are repeated based on their professionalism and acting experience,besides,they also add value to the show.I have repeated actors who not only fit in their characters but are also thorough professionals, says producer Rajan Shahi.
Do actors who move on to newer lead characters consider themselves fortunate I didnt want to be seen too frequently on the small screen,thats why I never did cameos.Confidence and positive attitude are my forte.Unlike other TV actors Im not insecure since my parents supported me completely when I was on a break and thats what worked for me, says actor Rati Pandey.
Actor Aditya Redij says,Whenever Ive been given a chance,I have proved myself as an actor.I am glad that producers who have faith in me repeated me.I feel good performance is what keeps an actor going. Actor Kritika Kamra admits that her hard work has paid off and has given her another lead character to perform.I am lucky as producers and audience have faith in me. 
In an era where remote control junkies decide the fates of their telly idols,keeping the audiences faith is all important indeed! 
[email protected]

Clockwise from right: Aditya Redij,Harshad Chopra,Kritika Kamra,Rati Pandey,Sanaya Irani and Barun Sobti 

[Previous] Ahmedabad Times [Next]

The following 58 member(s) liked the above post:

krishnabhutadaSurefire27kashevkausar1219Radhe1085luvtwilight19felly_a.Alize.rapariga-Swetha-Richie-Richteri_susanJasleenccuteaangelmirnaliniAJlovesArshisun2011aanu23gom3090christiandior.Rozy77FebruaryFloweripkknd06-Atiya-IPKKNDfan4everBewakoofJennyAvnianodaksgfan..Apz..stardust---Krish--areeba_blossomSwaNia_2-Antu-_-Aslan-ShiningStar18-Garima-chucklebuddymoodie.foodiekhushix* Unnati *.Saraa.aa123.80mazkachazkaslmupinky_blueskiestvshowfanPinkCinderella..Amina..caprigurl-Jahnvi-RiyaDuttaFreshDaisySuchi.Rapplesauce.-sylph-mishti_17princessunaraJennyPenny

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "TOI: Prime Time Switch -- Sarun" in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Saraa.

IF-Sizzlerz

Saraa.

Posted: 08 December 2011 at 6:23pm | IP Logged
Some of the actors are good on their today shows and the others were good on past shows

Sara khan gain popularity from bidaai and still as her fan we want to se her again in bidaai 2

Kinshuk mahajan also gain popularity from bidaai and still we want to see him in bidaai 2

Same goes for HC better in Kis desh and TL than dhrampatni

But for sanaya barun I feel they gain popularity from IPKKND. and IPKKND gave them the fame.

Same for Karan tracker he gain more populairty from EHMMBH

I cant say about Rati this becuase she gain populairty from both same goes for Kritika

I never watch preeto or naa ana is desh sO i cannot say about aditya and dont even know about vishal

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Kgirl321Armu4eva-Swetha-ixraychucklebuddyanu17FreshDaisy

maris08

IF-Rockerz

maris08

Posted: 08 December 2011 at 6:26pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Armu4eva

-SohniKuri

IF-Sizzlerz

-SohniKuri

Posted: 08 December 2011 at 6:30pm | IP Logged
Thnks for sharing:)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Armu4eva

SwaNia_2

IF-Rockerz

SwaNia_2

Posted: 08 December 2011 at 7:31pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing. Sanaya shot to fame from MJHT. She and Mohit gave life to the characters of SaJan. She was adorable as Sameera in LRL too.  And IPKKND is just another feather in her cap. Truly a versatile actor, doing 3 different types of roles and gaining popularity with each of her roles. Love her.Heart

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

archie.111-Swetha-LOLitaPawar-BrokenDreamer-S.StephyIPKKNDfan4everSanzBarbiemumpet-Antu-_-Aslan-..Enchanteur..CandYlicious_SCatz.RangRasiyaprincessunara

applesauce.

IF-Sizzlerz

applesauce.

Posted: 08 December 2011 at 7:37pm | IP Logged
TfsBig smile

sunaina02

IF-Stunnerz

sunaina02

Posted: 08 December 2011 at 7:58pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing

Barun Sobti fits the description to the T.

He is talented, he played the iconic role od Shravan in BHPH where if not the show , Shravan became quite popular .
He effortlessly put himself in the character of Arnav or ASR which isdiametrically opposite to what he played in BHPH.

And till now success has not gone into his head . We have never heard him making any star-like comments

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

komaltahsincutepearl.Alize.gudia7-Koeli_Appy--Atiya-IPKKNDfan4everSwap-Arhi-BrokenDreamer-Rozy77shobrakapooor-sylph-pc_palsCandYlicious_Scaprigurlpinky_blueskiesprincessunara

preetijaiswal19

IF-Dazzler

preetijaiswal19

Posted: 08 December 2011 at 8:07pm | IP Logged
wow.. great post...tfs!!

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.