Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

TOI: Prime Time Switch -- Kritika/RS

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Prime time switch 

Some telly hotties jump from one show to another as lead characters with effortless ease 

Amrita Mulchandani 

On prime time television,where superstars are a rare breed,there are some actors who manage to switch channels and shows and even find instant acceptance in their new avatars.Not for them the pangs of waiting for dream roles even as they are forced into a sabbatical.What makes these actors get out of their image trap with such effortless ease and slip on to new roles so soon 
Actors are repeated when they are good,have freshness left in them and the right attitude to work.Channels also need to approve of the popular actor when hes signed in as the lead character in a show.The average shelflife of a TV actor is three to five years,so he/she makes the most of the telly stint, says creative producer Siddharth P Malhotra,as he goes on to add,Often TV actors are not repeated as leads because success goes to their heads and channels and the production houses find it difficult to work with them. 
So what works in favour for actors who are repeated as leads in TV shows Some shows need fresh faces and some require known ones.Plus,it is not necessary that fresh faces always work.Established and popular actors are repeated based on their professionalism and acting experience,besides,they also add value to the show.I have repeated actors who not only fit in their characters but are also thorough professionals, says producer Rajan Shahi.
Do actors who move on to newer lead characters consider themselves fortunate I didnt want to be seen too frequently on the small screen,thats why I never did cameos.Confidence and positive attitude are my forte.Unlike other TV actors Im not insecure since my parents supported me completely when I was on a break and thats what worked for me, says actor Rati Pandey.
Actor Aditya Redij says,Whenever Ive been given a chance,I have proved myself as an actor.I am glad that producers who have faith in me repeated me.I feel good performance is what keeps an actor going. Actor Kritika Kamra admits that her hard work has paid off and has given her another lead character to perform.I am lucky as producers and audience have faith in me. 
In an era where remote control junkies decide the fates of their telly idols,keeping the audiences faith is all important indeed! 
[email protected]

Clockwise from right: Aditya Redij,Harshad Chopra,Kritika Kamra,Rati Pandey,Sanaya Irani and Barun Sobti 

[Previous] Ahmedabad Times [Next]

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Armu4eva thumbnail
And thank u god  n RS for..casting Kritz in the show... loveee her sooo much as Doc. Nidhi..!!  What a revelation she is..!! 😍Love MB-KK chemistry! ☺️
yanks28 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Armu4eva

And thank u god  n RS for..casting Kritz in the show... loveee her sooo much as Doc. Nidhi..!!  What a revelation she is..!! 😍Love MB-KK chemistry! ☺️

well said...exactly...i went from bashing DKP and vowing never to watch another serial after Bidaai.😆..to being hooked..☺️.all it took was seeing a picture of AshNi from the promos...& then the promos themselves...and I turned into goop ☺️☺️☺️
-Deepali- thumbnail
thanks tanu for Sharing the article
Kavya.S thumbnail
thanks for sharing the article
ShaoKahn thumbnail
only best survive nice thought armu
should applaud rajan shahi for doing the following.

1. not making yet another saas bahu show. 👏. 
2. i was truly not all impressed with some of rajan shahis other shows and did not think he could pull this one off. but he proved me wrong and did pull it off and how.
3. Casting MB as doctor Ashutosh and KK as Nidhi. Wonderful decision. 
4. Not having decked up women on the show. Thank you so much for doing that. He has kept the overall look and feel of the show as real as possible.  👍🏼

So glad that producers are casting KK in their shows. she has improved remarkably with every show. 
KaranKittu4eva thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Kritika is one lucky gal always working show after show! Keep up the hard work:) TFS! KTLK rocks love it:D
..Roopal.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
thanks for sharing
its amazing to see kittu and rati di back as leads again
love them
RamonaG thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 9
thanks Tanu nice article😊