Kasauti Zindagi Ki

India-Forums

Kasauti Zindagi Ki
Kasauti Zindagi Ki

SEX IN SOAPS

Poll Question: Do u think its right to show girls having sex b4 marriage in soaps?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
10 [12.99%]
50 [64.94%]
8 [10.39%]
9 [11.69%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

cutesweetjenni Senior Member
cutesweetjenni
cutesweetjenni

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 3:09am | IP Logged
What's your opinion?

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 3:12am | IP Logged
if it fits the story, why not--its not like it doesn't happen in real life--if, however, its just placed there for trps or to show how the unmarried girl will become pregnant (yeah, because girls ALWAYS get pregnant the first time around(!))--then it is wrong.
cutesweetjenni
cutesweetjenni

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 3:17am | IP Logged
Agree with u psawyer,but if u notice all Ekta soaps are concentrating on sex before marriage these days.I wonder how its actually affecting the lives of young women in reality cos they might think ohh Prerna had sex before marriage,so did Jassi{although its not Ekta soap,but she started the trend}so why can't I do it and thus letting themselves into serious problems.I am not talking about getting separated at the end,but there are diseases to think about{like STD}!

Edited by cutesweetjenni - 14 March 2006 at 3:20am
NasH20 IF-Dazzler
NasH20
NasH20

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 3:20am | IP Logged
No...its unethical and they are destroying and puting wrong things in the young minds of there own generation. Dead
psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 3:30am | IP Logged
well, its a vicious cycle really--ekta portrays what is happening in the world, but by doing so, she is inticing more people to do the same. you can't win in a situation like this--i agree with you jenni, that people begin to use the characters as role models, but they should also realise that there are consequences for every action--maybe not as drastic as in the soaps (i.e. pregnancies, rapes etc), but still, there are going to be problems nonetheless.

the real problem is teaching these people to know where to draw the line between fiction and reality. its all very well taking what happens in the soaps as real, but we all know that the majority of people aren't like the characters...not many women in today's busy world wear beautiful sarees and heavy jewellery day in, day out...not many women are as rich as these characters, or have the time to destroy someone else's life when they are too busy trying to take care of their own. Its about recognising that this is fiction, and we must take it with a pinch of salt...
gauri_hiten IF-Dazzler
gauri_hiten
gauri_hiten

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 3:33am | IP Logged
Itz both rong n rite in a way.For immature ppl itz rong coz they will think that itz a trend so they may start doing it.
But as for a the mature person,if both of the lovers love each other a lot so itz alrite with them to have sex with each other in my opinion.
First time shud be the special one so true lovers can depend on each other.
Itz just my opinion but Don't get me rong. Tongue
cutesweetjenni
cutesweetjenni

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 3:34am | IP Logged
Still yaar this is wrong,firstly we should recognise our culture.Our Asian culture is not what Ekta is trying to portray.She is making all her serials like THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL and other serial makers have started copying her as well cos viewers are eating this disgusting story line voraciously.Ekta should know try better things and not follow Hollywood.
.Prometheus. Channel Moderator
.Prometheus.
.Prometheus.

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 3:39am | IP Logged
as long as it done in the correst manner without much skin show then i think that it is okay but ekta shouldnt go oveboard with it

i think that ekta is doing it too much though she has done this in may of her serials i think that ekta should be aware that young impressionalble people also watch this show as well therefore too much empahsis can affect them

Go to top