Posted: 12 years ago
 Edited by KaJenroxx - 12 years ago
Originally posted by KaJenroxx

She looks so gorgeous here =)

Latest News about Amrita...

I want to be India's girl next door: Amrita Rao

The writer has posted comments on this articleRoshini MukherjeeRoshini Mukherjee, TNN | Jan 23, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Email this article
Save this article
My Saved articles
Reduce font size
Increase font size
Share on Hotklix
Share on Messenger
Share on StumbleUpon
Share on Digg
Share on Reditt
Google Bookmarks Newsvine
Live Bookmarks Technorati
Yahoo Bookmarks Blogmarks
Del.icio.us ApnaCircle
Read more:Rahul Bose|Kalakaar|Friends|Boman Irani|Arshad Warsi|Aparna Sen|Amrita rao
AND
DISCUSS
Amrita Rao
The actor, who is slated to be in town today, says that the priority for her has never been to win the race but to continue doing what she love doing without compromizing on her comfort zone.

What brings you to the city this time around? Surprisingly, each time I've been to Kolkata, it has been for one award or the other. Last time, my performance in "Vivaah" had won me an award. And this time around, I will be getting the Best Actress award for "Love U...Mr. Kalakaar!" Fact is, it always pays to be a Rajshree heroine. During this trip, I intend to win not only award but also the hearts of Kolkatans (laughs).

Any plans in store? It'll be a day's trip. But I've instructed my Friends to get me rosogollas and mishti doi for me. The best part of it all? I can dig into tonnes of it and yet not put on an ounce.

Careerwise, ever thought of testing the Tolly waters? Years back, I was offered a film by Aparna Sen, which did not happen as I had date issues. I was juggling dates for three Hindi films. But Rahul Bose is a good friend of mine and I did manage to watch his "The Japanese Wife". But I've never really asked him to put in a word to directors on my behalf though I love the language, food and culture here. You see, I have a Bengal connect. My great-grandfather and grandfather worked very closely with Netaji in the INA.

What's keeping you busy in Bollywood? I am filming my next with Boman Irani and Arshad Warsi. All I can reveal for now is that it's an intriguing and funny subject. I instantly agreed to come on board.

But why this lull careerwise? For me, the priority has never been to win the race but to continue doing what I love doing without compromizing on my comfort zone or value system. I am going slow and steady. I'm happy with my work. In fact, I think "Love U..." saw me as a better performer.

What do you mean by 'comfort zone'? I'll never kiss or do lovemaking scenes on screen. As far as it comes to sporting a bikini in films, let me clarify that I'm not against the trend. But I speak for myself. It is subject to individual discretion. And as long as you are happy doing what you do, everything else is secondary.

Is that why you are stereotyped as the girl next door, forever? It is. But I take this to be the biggest compliment in the middle of this glam industry. I want to be India's girl next door, not the prototype, the behenji, but one who is smart, intelligent, has a sense of humour and is the life of a party. I want to show that the girl next door can be desirable too.

Okay. Going back to the Barjatyas and their banner then, news is Salman will be back as Sooraj Barjatya's Prem. Will you be part of that venture? (Laughs) I am known as their ghar ki heroine. But the way Soorajji functions, he always gets his script in place and music ready before he approaches an actor. For "Vivaah" too Soorajji had said, 'Amrita I want you on board. Do you also want to be part of the project?' They never exploit the fact that they are the Barjatyas. Considering how busy an actor Salman is, he must have been kept in the loop since the beginning.

Don't you wish you are part of the film? I am hoping the call will come.

Coming to microblogging, every actor is laying bare their thoughts, words and actions on it. But you don't seem to let your guard down here too... For me, this is a direct medium to connect with my fans. As actors, we usually communicate via journalists except for the electronic medium. But there too, the questions are predecided. Microblogging helps me express my candid thoughts. As far as settling scores or campaigning through the site is concerned, I feel change happens when you want it to happen. I might have expressed my opinions on twitter but I've never tried to be influential.

Some time back, there was news that you are seeing someone. There was no truth to those stories. I am single and ready to mingle.

But how exactly did you manage to remain so? I believe in destiny. And the best things in life have happened to me as they were destined to be so. I know the person will come at the right time and I'll follow my heart.