Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chatbuster thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Originally posted by: MrspetloverUS

Looks like our worst nightmare may come true. I am very sad that Amey is voted out. I wanted Amey and Karunya in finals. But the waythis II 2 is going Anuj being top vote gainer and Sandeep may end up being in top 2 finalist. Next will be Karunya voted out. I know how to take these type of results because i saw it happening with Nihira than Hema and now Amey and next will be Karunya. This is all we can expect for our wonderful Junta.

should we take it then that majority of people are wrong and just the few are right? is there some special skill we possess which makes us think we are better than the rest in picking out "real" talent?

chatbuster thumbnail
Originally posted by: chatbuster

should we take it then that majority of people are wrong and just the few are right? is there some special skill we possess which makes us think we are better than the rest in picking out "real" talent?

sorry MPL-ji for the blunt questions (its how i've seen professors in elite b-schools get down when questioning in the pit). but consider this:

we had a voting system. someone won. well, in my opinion, at least according to that system, he was "best".

we had a system earlier with Pt. Jasraj and others as judge. Same conclusion. same person won. so, according to that system also, same person was "best".

i agree both systems might be flawed and not really designed to produce the "real" "best", as in some universal eternal truth. but who are we to know for sure?

and following is not necessarily applicable to you or anyone else in particular, but still something i felt is still worth pointing out:

if we qualify our statements with "in my opinion", it will not come across as belittling others with different opinions. If we remove that qualifier, then everything is fair game.

for instance, someone says "Hema is the best". maybe i am crazy. but i do not think so, so what do u expect me to do? just say that "someoneElse is the best" or more expressively that "someoneElse rox"?

is that the kind of conversation we want?

we find in statistics that we can often interpret even "facts" both ways. life is not just simple problems like 2+2 where we all know the answers. it is subjective. if i tell you that IBM came out with 30% increase in earnings. that's an absolute fact. but is that good or bad? that subjectivity means there will be differences. for me to universally declare that "someone is best" is actually arrogance or "ahankar". when driven from ignorance, that "ahankar" can be destructive.

😊

chatbuster thumbnail
"i agree both systems might be flawed and not really designed to produce the "real" "best", as in some universal eternal truth. but who are we to know for sure?"

- or should i have the "ahankaar" to think that what i feel and perceive is correct and everyone else is wrong?

is it my perceptions and beliefs that are the universal reality? there can not be a bigger reality, one that i might indeed be unaware of?

yaar, this gets into issues of spirituality and religion. and i do not want to go there! if u get my point, fine, else we'll agree to disagree! Edited by chatbuster - 18 years ago
aneesha_candy thumbnail
Indian public is all messed up!!!!!! i dun know wut's their problem.........first monali then panna n now amey 😭 ..........now indian idol is meaningless, i think dey should give it a name of "FUNNY IDOL", n it would be great 2 c sandeep or anuj an indian idol 🤢 🤢 wow..........dat would b great 😡 Am hating indian idol n it's not worth watching......i won't watch it anymore n i would never watch indian idol 3.....atleast the top 5 contestants of saregamapa were more deserving than indian idol's contestants. Public voting system sux!!!!!! 😡 😡
chatbuster thumbnail

Originally posted by: Iron

CB...Yes debo was declared winner and was also selected by judges over Vineet..no doubt..but same judges would not have preferred him over Nihi and Hema..that is for sure. They do see same day singing and based on that Hema has always bee best specially on last weeks. But as I said hanful peopel are writing fate of music..After hema i had high hope son Amey but he is gone..let us see how long Karunaya will stay????

Qazi/Debo and Anuj.Hmmmmmmmmmm the it is ok all ok in music..Debo a little higher though...but we canot have Hema/Amey with them as they are ay up then these

"but same judges would not have preferred him over Nihi and Hema..that is for sure"

- your opinion or is this part of the universal objective reality that everyone else should see?

parineetha thumbnail
After seeing Hema's elimination, none of these eliminations will really effect me. None of the II2 contestants really showed any potential. Amey ke awaaz mein tho energy hi nahi hai, it sounds so dull. Karunya ke gane mein soul hi missing hai. There is no flow in it. Anuj, Sandeep aur Qazi tho sage bahi se kam nahi hai. It will be fun to see Anuj and Sandeep fighting for II2.
seema_17 thumbnail
how can ppl have been so careless as to stop voting for Amey.... did they really not hear his laga chunari mein daag, did they need any more proof of his talent?? 😡
seema_17 thumbnail
yes karunya and Amey had to be there.... i never paid much attention to Amey, but his tu hi re from the piano round was very good, and then his laga chunari mein daag really blew me away... he was the one who had the voice and the training to make it, how could ppl have even picked anuj over it... u kno what i think partially it is the judges fault, they must have known that anuj's chaiyya chaiyya isn't good and that he would leave this time, but still they probably thought why not praise his last performance. i really don't care abt the show anymore, for me Amey was my indian Idol and since he is gone its no show for me 😭
Helai_4 thumbnail
And then there were three

Amey Date's exit triggered passions in the judges and among the audience like never before. Finally, it fell upon Amey himself to get everyone to embrace reality, though most did it with the heaviest of hearts. What further drama will the next Indian Idol round throw up? Tune in to find out.

writer thumbnail
dont worry everything is planned .. karunya will be the next indian idol.. they had to throw him out do teh walkout so that they gain more popularity than srgmp.. now they will show that karunya is a victim just like debo was a victim..