IF-Veteran Member

jingle

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 2:43am | IP Logged
Ashwini: Twice unlucky in love
   By: Vickey Lalwani
   March 14, 2006

Better luck next time:
Ashwini Kalsekar
Ashwini Kalsekar, who plays Misha in K Street Pali Hill (Star Plus) and Jigyasa in Kasamh Se (Zee), is unlucky in love. The lady has broken off her relationship with a Bandra restaurateur, which she had managed to keep under wraps.

Four years ago, Ashwini parted ways with her husband, actor Nitesh Pandey, who is now married to TV actress Arpita. Ashwini and Nitesh met when they were shooting a serial for Manjul Sinha, and were together four years.

Was Nitesh seeing Arpita while he was still married to Ashwini? "I really don't know. Our separation was a mutual decision. But I don't want to talk about a relationship that is over. Nitish and have both moved on in our lives."

Work in overdrive

What went wrong with the Bandra restaurateur? Did the fact that Ashwini is doing two daily serials impact her personal life? "Not at all. That was not the reason. I was giving this relationship more than 100 per cent. But it was not destined to be, and it's over now. Certain things are best left private. But coming back to your question, if one wants to take out time for anything in the world, they can. I am doing not only two shows on television, but many films as well."

Ashwini, who leaves in May for the UK to be with her brother for a few days, has finished two Vikram Bhatt directed films Ankahee, for Pritish Nandy Creations, and another for Harry Baweja.

"I am also doing Jhamu Sugandh's Johnny Gaddar, starring Dharmendra, where I play Vinay Pathak's wife. Then I have Neeraj Vohra's film, Kya Family Hai, starring Arjun Rampal and Dia Mirza. Plus I have done an eight-minute festival film on the Godhra riots, with Anushree Basu, where I play a Muslim woman who was gang-raped. And I have done a short film with Sejal Shah as well."

Relationship values

Has Ashwini become averse to men after the break-ups? "It hasn't been easy for me to get over a broken relationship, both times. I am very sensitive, but not averse to men. I would love to re-marry and have kids. In fact, my parents too want me to marry again."

The actress says she wouldn't get into a live-in relationship, and decide if she should marry the man or not. "You get to know the person better if you live-in with him before marriage. But I come from a conservative Maharashtrian family, and I don't think that will ever happen," she says with a smiles.

With Nitesh, Ashwini was staying at Hiranandani Complex. But now, she lives with her parents in Andheri. "I want to buy a house of my own, shortly. But I won't go too far from my parents, who have been pillars strength throughout my life," she signs off.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

bostanianj&b84ILoveRamKapoor

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ashwini: Twice unlucky in love" in Kasamh Se (Kasam Se) forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Chahat17

Goldie

Chahat17

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 2:50am | IP Logged
thanks for the article!...shes got a lot on her plate right now...thats good for her career!

Fallen Angel

IF-Sizzlerz

Fallen Angel

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 3:08am | IP Logged
thanx for the article!!

mayuri180

mayuri180

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 3:31am | IP Logged
Thanks for the article

Iriss

IF-Sizzlerz

Iriss