India-Forums

Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

y’day’s gala...

giggles_2005 Goldie
giggles_2005
giggles_2005

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 10:33pm | IP Logged

For the first time in this season I didnt cringe listening to any song...fantastic episode....the singers seemed to have come onto the stage to prove a point...what attitude..what talent...fantastic

Amey's Holi song totally rocked...he really got into the spirit of the song... be it imitating the female voices or the dharmendra dance step..he gave up all inhibitions...and dispelled all my doubts about his having chosen a rather mediocre song ....he made the ordinary song sound extraordinary

Sandy was the surprise package...what struck me abt y'day was his confidence...singing that Holi song with so much elan...he looked a different person altogether...Could u have imagined Sandy singing an Amitabh bacchan Song a few days ago...he was absolutely fabulous

Anuj has to be given the credit that this time he tried too...he had attitude...he had the courage to pick a song like Rang Barse rather than stick to some boring run of the mill Holi song..maybe the problem was that he was not singing with conviction...and didnt let the song get under his skin

Karu...what should I say now...what confidence to have chosen a song like ja re hat natkhat... and then sing it like a dream...perfect till the last note...and hope u didnt miss his cute Dandia steps while he performed. He was superb as usaual

The AR Rahman songs....just teh fact that they were AR rahman songs raised the standard of this gala I think....What  a genius this guy is

Amey's Satrangi re..was a  brave choice..the kind of nuances the songs involved and the fact that Sonu has sung it so well would have made any other contestant shirk from a toughie like this one...but not the versatile Amey who has never been afraid of experimenting...he sang well...tho' not perfect...but I dont think anyone could have done it better

Sandy..was totally in form with rut aa gayi re...still wondering what had gotten into the  guy last nite....he was totally transformed...toally surila and in control...very confident...super duper performance

Anuj's chhaiya was very good I feel...this is one song which has been performed  by so many singers on stage that the expectations are always high...but compare it to what he had been singing till now...saajan ji ghar aaaye from last round for instance and you will agree that Anuj was much better off this time...

Karu's Ramta Jogi will be inevitably be compared to Hemu's in SGMP...Karu was fabulous..technically perfect...he reminded me of a serenne calm waters of a River as it flows through the plains...hemu's was like a gurgling brook in the mountains...not perfect at times but with the passion and enthusiasm of a young child...but coming back to II2...karu rocked man...he is really great!

This is the only gala round where I am nervous abt the results...I hope Sandy, Karu and Amey stay on...sorry Anuj ...tho' u were very good..the others were excellent!

Edited by giggles_2005 - 13 March 2006 at 10:35pm

Dancnballa23 Goldie
Dancnballa23
Dancnballa23

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 10:37pm | IP Logged
Giggles, i am surprised no one commented on your summary yet! Great job   Clap  And yes today's show was 100X better than last week's.

Edited by Dancnballa23 - 13 March 2006 at 10:38pm
Vaibhavi Goldie
Vaibhavi
Vaibhavi

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 10:38pm | IP Logged
HI,
REALLY GALA ROCKED!
THANKS
mudabid Goldie
mudabid
mudabid

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 10:44pm | IP Logged

Clap  great observation

Today's gala was the best one on II2 .Though I must add 2 things:
A female's voice was sorely missing. It is very unfortunate that all the girls have been voted out. It would have been nice to hear some female songs from ARR's movies like Rangeela, Saathiya or Dil se.
Also, Anuj seems to be the weakest link here. I found his Rang Barse too nasal and his Chaiyya Chaiyya didn't really move me.

Edited by mudabid - 13 March 2006 at 10:45pm
shimmeryf Senior Member
shimmeryf
shimmeryf

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 10:44pm | IP Logged
good work giggles..excellent evaluations. Clap Clap
giggles_2005 Goldie
giggles_2005
giggles_2005

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 10:47pm | IP Logged
Thanks all for reading!
cool_dude487 Senior Member
cool_dude487
cool_dude487

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 10:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by giggles_2005

For the first time in this season I didnt cringe listening to any song...fantastic episode....the singers seemed to have come onto the stage to prove a point...what attitude..what talent...fantastic

Amey's Holi song totally rocked...he really got into the spirit of the song... be it imitating the female voices or the dharmendra dance step..he gave up all inhibitions...and dispelled all my doubts about his having chosen a rather mediocre song ....he made the ordinary song sound extraordinary

Sandy was the surprise package...what struck me abt y'day was his confidence...singing that Holi song with so much elan...he looked a different person altogether...Could u have imagined Sandy singing an Amitabh bacchan Song a few days ago...he was absolutely fabulous

Anuj has to be given the credit that this time he tried too...he had attitude...he had the courage to pick a song like Rang Barse rather than stick to some boring run of the mill Holi song..maybe the problem was that he was not singing with conviction...and didnt let the song get under his skin

Karu...what should I say now...what confidence to have chosen a song like ja re hat natkhat... and then sing it like a dream...perfect till the last note...and hope u didnt miss his cute Dandia steps while he performed. He was superb as usaual

The AR Rahman songs....just teh fact that they were AR rahman songs raised the standard of this gala I think....What  a genius this guy is

Amey's Satrangi re..was a  brave choice..the kind of nuances the songs involved and the fact that Sonu has sung it so well would have made any other contestant shirk from a toughie like this one...but not the versatile Amey who has never been afraid of experimenting...he sang well...tho' not perfect...but I dont think anyone could have done it better

Sandy..was totally in form with rut aa gayi re...still wondering what had gotten into the  guy last nite....he was totally transformed...toally surila and in control...very confident...super duper performance

Anuj's chhaiya was very good I feel...this is one song which has been performed  by so many singers on stage that the expectations are always high...but compare it to what he had been singing till now...saajan ji ghar aaaye from last round for instance and you will agree that Anuj was much better off this time...

Karu's Ramta Jogi will be inevitably be compared to Hemu's in SGMP...Karu was fabulous..technically perfect...he reminded me of a serenne calm waters of a River as it flows through the plains...hemu's was like a gurgling brook in the mountains...not perfect at times but with the passion and enthusiasm of a young child...but coming back to II2...karu rocked man...he is really great!

This is the only gala round where I am nervous abt the results...I hope Sandy, Karu and Amey stay on...sorry Anuj ...tho' u were very good..the others were excellent!

Clap

Clap

Clap

Clap

Clap

juggyE Goldie
juggyE
juggyE

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 10:48pm | IP Logged
Great analysis giggles. And I totally agree with you on all your points...

Go to top