Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

My Departure Soon

kishore_bhakta Senior Member
kishore_bhakta
kishore_bhakta

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 7:55pm | IP Logged

Greetings, everyone

I've been a bit inactive recently, because of some comittments and my new group of students studying North Indian rhythm through me. Keep up with work and my new students have taken up most of my time.

Another reason which kept me away from the forums was the "degradation" of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa. I used to enjoy watching the show and comment on it whenever I can. I was a bit upset the way they ended glamorizing the show, but I was able to "tolerate it." With much thanks to Sinhaji, and receiving inspiration from other members like Abhilashji(adwarkanath), Appa Raoji, MrsPetloverji, Aashiq_2005ji, Raghavji and many others (please accept my apology if I had forgotton anyone), I was inspired to write out about facets of classical music and the history of Hindi film music, as well as discuss it with other people who share similar tastes and/or appreciate music.

When the walkout took place and this whole political mess about Assam and India, my interest to come and post here decreased. When I was checking the posts on seeing reactions of everyone about the Mega-Finals, every other post was either praising or bashing Vinit or Debojit. It was too redundant. I decided to come back Friday, when I finally had some time to relax and write an article about my favorite childhood singer, Mukeshji. When I came back to check responses today, I realized that Abhilash was not going to be joining the forums, which is a big loss on the forums, as he, along with many others, would be my inspiration to post. I also noticed that not only this forum, but that Sa Re Ga Ma Pa has gone way off in other directions, and I doubt it'll ever return back to normal.

In a humble spirit, I plan to leave this forum and focus on my work and my comittments, unless SRGMP gets a little more "realistic, watchable, and listenable" or if I find another show which is fun to talk about. As I mentioned earlier, I had a chance to meet many great people and I would be more than honored if we could keep contact outside the forum. I would really appreciate if you can PM me your e-mail address, so I can contact you in that manner.

"aa chalke tujhe mein leke chalun

ek aise gagan ke tale

jahan gham bhi na ho aansu bhi na ho

bas pyaar hi pyaar pale

ek aise gagn ke tale" (Door Gagan Ki Chhaon Mein 1964)

"chalte chalte mere yeh geet yaad rakhna

kabhi alvida na kehna.. kabhi alvida na kehna" (Chalte Chalte 1976)

teenindia_usa IF-Sizzlerz
teenindia_usa
teenindia_usa

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 8:00pm | IP Logged
U have given us some great topics and its appreciated thanks. I think U have educated us on meaning of music .

Edited by teenindia_usa - 13 March 2006 at 8:27pm
friend17 Senior Member
friend17
friend17

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 8:12pm | IP Logged

kishore_bhakta,

u (along with adwarakanath and sinhaji) were 1 of the most wonderful members in terms of sharing valuable information in this forum.

in fact I might have saved one of your posts (I know very little about music). I think it was called "Striking The Note" (it was u who posted this right? short on memory right now
Embarrassed ).

thanx for your contributions and good luck!

Smile

Also thanks for clarifying that the article "Striking The Note" was abhi's. I knew I would get mixed up since u two posted a lot of stuff often around the same time (and I still feel that I saved one of your posts on the notes). Anyway, I enjoyed reading your articles and would love to learn something from u if not in this forum then definitely through some other platform.

Smile

Edited by friend17 - 13 March 2006 at 10:29pm
sreejan Senior Member
sreejan
sreejan

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 8:13pm | IP Logged
Thank you for all the articles you have written .I am a student of Hindusthani classical music.I enjoyed all your posts and saved all of them in my computer.I am really sad to see you go but i respect your decision and want to wish you all the best in life. Smile
Bhaskar.T IF-Sizzlerz
Bhaskar.T
Bhaskar.T

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 8:17pm | IP Logged
Kishore Bhakta,

Please I would like to tell you that you have been the best member here when it came to music related topics. Your leaving the forum will be really sad. I would again request you please don't leave. SRGMP has degraded no doubt but still we can discuss music here. Your comments and information on music has always been appreciated by all music lovers here. I myself never missed any of your topics.

So please reconsider your decision. Do check your inbox.

Edited by Bhaskar.T - 13 March 2006 at 8:17pm
teenindia_usa IF-Sizzlerz
teenindia_usa
teenindia_usa

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 8:24pm | IP Logged
kishore saab I have sent PM to U and again want to let U know U have given alot here and have not expected much. Well keep in touch.
fm_qazi Goldie
fm_qazi
fm_qazi

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 8:37pm | IP Logged
Kishore Bhakt ji,
Your departure will be loss for this forum, we always enjoyed your post. One departure after another is painful to bear. My best wishes with you. I am sending you my e-mail id, whenever you send some topic on music to other please include me too.
sangeetaa Senior Member
sangeetaa
sangeetaa

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 8:40pm | IP Logged
Dear Kishore_bhakta da - Don't know how to thank you for your
contributions here. You explain things so simply and so well!! I wish I could
actually take classes from you, talentless as I am...

Hope the moholl will improve and we will see you back... although from
what i see both of the show and the forum, my hope is tempered by reality...

aur aap yaad rakhne ko mat boliye (voh chalte chalte gaana gaakar)... bhalaa
hum aapke liye yeh gaanaa chahte hain:

Jaane kahaan gaye voh din?....
tumko na bhool paayenge!! Smile

Go to top