India-Forums

Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

hemas ramta jogi was brilliant

amukta IF-Dazzler
amukta
amukta

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 4:46pm | IP Logged
one of the forum members of indian idol who is knowledgeble saysNow to my favourite Karunya.. this is difficult for me to say, but I am not very sure how the audience is going to react to his Ramta Jogi.. it is a difficult song, yes, but it is not really as popular a song as Satrangi Re or many other ARR songs.. Karu is in danger of being typecast as a qwaali/light classical singer.. my personal opinion would be that he should have chosen a romantic song which is also demanding (eg. Saathiya), which, while showing his prowess, could also eliminate the blame that he cannot pull of mainstream romantic songs very well..moreover, Ramta Jogi was sung brilliantly by Hemachandra in SRGMP very recently, and many people would compare the two (and to be honest I personally would rate Hema's version higher)..and finally, I felt something while listening to him, the same thing that I felt while listening to Lagaan Lagi, and that is, while he sang both with amazing technical virtuosity,he sang both these somgs with a very mellow style of voice throw and expression,

autmother Senior Member
autmother
autmother

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 5:00pm | IP Logged
I agree with him. Hema's Ramta jogi was excellent. Karunya is an excellent singer, but he had some issues with breath control and the TAnana and also the jogi in the end was very abrupt.
battosai64 Groupbie
battosai64
battosai64

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 9:02pm | IP Logged
yeah. He didn't do the 23 or at least 20 different "jogi". He did make the song his own. Added some harkats(I think) here and there and brought his flavor to it.
aneesha_candy Senior Member
aneesha_candy
aneesha_candy

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 9:18pm | IP Logged
i agree hemu was da best Clap Clap
tisha_bhatia Senior Member
tisha_bhatia
tisha_bhatia

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 7:05pm | IP Logged
Both Hemachandra and Karunya sang the song very well. I think Karunya version was shorter because of the time limit. Nevertheless, they are both awesome singers. Sad that Hemachandra could not make it to the final two - I hope the Indian audience does justice to Karunya and makes him the winner. With Amey out of the race - he is the only saving grace of Indian Idol 2.

It's really sad to see such wonderful singers being voted out because of these votes. But I am still very much thankful to these talent programs for bringing these talents out in the open. Like Amey said - winning or losing is not the point here...Recognition is key! True talent cannot lose and it will always shine through...
oewnaynailf Groupbie
oewnaynailf
oewnaynailf

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 9:00pm | IP Logged
Hemachandra's performance of Ramta Jogi was simply amazing!! It's incredible how much talent he has!

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top