Posted: 12 years ago
So I was reading this article, which stated that Ahem only takes care of Gopi because he feels guilty and out of duty, which gave me the idea to this OS

Hope you enjoy itπŸ˜ƒ Please leave your comments!!

Finally Gopi could be discharged from the hospital. Ahem had been waiting for this for ages. He had visited her everyday at least twice once in the morning on his way to work and once in the evening on his way home. But he had visited her also often in between for lunch or when he was going or coming from an out of office appointment. She had been very pale at the beginning and hadn't known what happen right before her accident. But soon the memories came back to her. Not once had she complained about anything. Not once had she blamed him for leaving her alone to deal with the goons. Not once. 'Why isn't she asking me why I didn't keep my promise? Why isn't she demanding to know why I didn't keep her save as I have sworn? Why is she staying quiet?' he had wondered silently over and over again since the day she had first opened her eyes again after the operation. The only thing he could think about has been Gopi. Gopi and Gopi again. He always worried if she was feeling okay, if she was cared for properly and if her needs were fulfilled. Even through Ahem knew that either his mother or his Kaki were at the hospital all the time he couldn't stop worrying. But not any longer. He had arranged with his Kaka and Jigar that he would be working from home for the next few weeks so that he could look after his wife himself. 'It is my duty after all. She is my wife and it is my fault that she got hurt. I sent her alone into the lion's den and then told her to go by herself to free Rashi. I am the reason that she got hurt then it should be me, who takes care of her!!' Mr. Ahem Modi decided.

He picked Gopi up from the hospital. She only had a small bag to take because his mum had packed everything she didn't need anymore and had taken it home with her yesterday evening. Gopi was already waiting for him. She sat on her bed and was watching the door when he came in the room. Slowly she nodded her head and joint her hands to greet him. "Jai shri Krishna Ahemji" "Jai shri Krishna" ahem replied. Then Gopi let her head sink again and tried not to look at Ahem. Ahem found this new habit of her irritating. In fact he hadn't seen her smile at him at all since the accident. 'She smiles at my mum and kaki. She also sometimes smiles her shy smile when Jigar comes and she even smiled at this ... at her aunt and was overjoyed to see Rashi. But as soon as she sees me her smile vanishes and she looks reserved and careful. Why is that so?' This was another problem he was constantly thinking about and he was determined to find out today. He had only stayed quiet about it because the doctors told him to avoid stressing her so soon after the operation. But now enough time has passed. A sister and Dr. Patel came in the room to give ahem last instructions on the care of his wife and then he could take her home.

Again there was only silence from her during the whole drive home and even after they reached there she didn't open her mouth at first. She just looked around confused properly wondering where everyone is. But Ahem was not surprised that nobody came out to get Gopi. He had told them that he wouldn't bring her till later in the afternoon. His mum and kaki were at the mandir now getting prasad and blessed water for gopi and his kaka and Jigar were at the office even his dad had gone to an appointment, because he, Ahem Modi, had convinced them to use the morning till he got Gopi home. So know he got her for himself for a short while which hopefully was enough time to get her to tell him what was wrong.

Carefully he helped her into the wheelchair and then slowly pushed her to the front door he unlocked and opened it. Now Gopi got even more confused judging from her expression but still she didn't open her mouth to ask him were everyone was. No as soon as she saw him looking at her face she dropped her head and starred at her hands. Heaving a sigh he stepped behind her and pushed the wheelchair through the door. Then he pushed her first to the mandir. He knew how religious she was and therefore thought that she would surely want to pray first. And he was right as soon as they reached the mandir Gopi joint her hands in a silent prayer. Even ahem joint his hands and prayed yet another thanksgiving prayer (is that the right word?) to god for saving Gopi's life. After she had finished and leaned back in the wheelchair again Ahem pushed her in the direction of the stairs.

Gopi was feeling uncomfortable. She was trying so hard to stay away from Ahemji and not getting her hopes up again. At first when she opened her eyes to see him leaning over her after the operation she had been so happy but not been able to do anything to express her feelings then because of the medication and pains from the operation. 'Thank you khanaji for that. I would have made an idiot out of myself and made Ahemji hate me again for sure'. She had seen so much concern in his eyes and had though that he might have come to love her after all. But her hopes were crashed very soon. She had been in and out of conscious for a while sometimes hearing the conversations going on in the room and sometimes she just heard noises without making sense out of it. But then she had heard him say that the only reason he comes so often to visit her and is worried for her is because it is his duty and because he feels responsible for her injuries. 'Khanaji I don't want to trouble him. Please make him understand that it is not his duty to look out for me that I am going to be fine on myself. If he believes it his duty then I don't want him to trouble himself' her silent prayer went on, on their way to the stairs.

As she saw the stairs she snapped out of her stupor. 'How am I supposed to get upstairs? I can't walk even 10 meters let alone all these stairs' gopi was panicking inside. Ahem saw her looking worriedly at the stairs and then at her legs and again at the stairs. 'What is she worrying about? She can't believe that I expect her to walk by herself upstairs, can she?' Ahem was thinking and came to the conclusion that she properly is. This thought made him angry but he couldn't really say why that was. However he didn't waver long. He went around the wheelchair and then bent down to carefully pick gopi up in his arms. He liked her first reaction to this. Her eyes got wide and her breathing faltered.  'What is he doing? Oh Khanaji protect my heart. I can't make the same mistake again. I broke my heart to often by building sandcastles in the sky. I can't do that again.' Gopi was thinking and tried her level best not to just sink back and enjoy the feeling. Ahem carried her slowly and carefully up the stairs and then into their room where he put her on the bed carefully. Gopi again didn't speak and only pressed a small thank you out between her tightly shut lips without looking at his face. Ahem started to get really irritated with this behaviour of her. But he still didn't say anything. He told her to stay there while he got the bag and some water for her.

Ahem was set on asking her just that day but he never got around to it. In the beginning he was waiting for her to relax a little around him again but she didn't and before he could decide to ask her the family came back. Of course his mother was spitting mad, because he didn't inform her that Gopi was already at home and then Kokila and Hetal took over caring for Gopi until he half kicked them out late at night so that he and Gopi could get some sleep. And then the next days there was no opportunity to ask her either. She was still silent and reserved around him and this attitude was driving him into a rage. But he didn't want to shout at her and he didn't trust himself at the time to stay calm while asking her about it.

While taking care of her he noticed how brave she was and how unwilling to make others worry and pamper her. Gopi never complained or said if she was in pain. When he dressed her wounds and accidently was a little too rough and hurt her she never made a noise or twitch. She was always trying to give him and everyone else the impression that there was no need to worry about her but there was. She had lost a lot of weight due to the strain of the healing process and she was not eating properly. Always saying that she wasn't hungry and only eating a little when he or his mum made her eat. He was still worried for her and thought about her every minute of the day. 'But this can't be because I am still feeling guilty can it?' he wondered. Day by day he was more intrigued by her calmness and bravery and was trying without realising to get closer to her day by day. But as much as he tried to close the distance between them Gopi tried to keep them apart not wanting to get hurt yet again.

And so the two were trying to move in the opposite direction in their relationship. Ahem tried to get closer to her by asking her about her past, her parents and what she liked but she was only answering with short replies which carried no meaning or context. Both of them getting frustrated with the other. 'Why can't he leave me alone? He doesn't love me so why is he so caring towards me? Doesn't he know that this tears my heart into shreds?' Gopi was wondering while fighting back tears. 'Why can't she answer me in one whole sentence? Is she still not used to my presence?' ahem was on the other hand thinking. And so their days went by until Ahem had had enough one day.

Gopi had just given him once more an evasive answer to a simple question, which finally made ahem snap. "Why are you not talking to me properly Gopi? What is your problem? Since you have woken up from the operation you have not looked at me, smiled at me or talked to me in any decent way!! So know I want to know why and you better giving me a proper answer this time!!" Ahem was shouting at her as they were alone in their room. Gopi looked shocked and looked him in the eyes for the first time but then looked again away not answering him. Now Ahem really had enough he went over to her and squatted down in front of her. He used his right hand to grab her chin and move her head up and towards him so that she had to look him in the eyes. "Answer me Gopi" he ordered her. Now Gopi couldn't hold in all her build up pains. Tears were flowing freely down her cheeks and she quietly started to sob. Shocked to see her reaction ahem opened his mouth to tell her that it is okay and she didn't need to answer him when he decided against it. This situation had to be cleared now. They couldn't go on like this. "Tell me" he repeated but in a softer way now.

"Woh .. I .. I can't take it anymore Ahemji", Gopi said and made with this Ahem's heart cry out in pain. "What do you mean?" he asked calmly as if not to let his inner emotions be discovered by her. "I can't let my heart be broken by you again Ahemji" she stammered on "Its better to stay away from you. Please understand." Shock took over Ahem's senses. 'She is trying to stay away from me because she loves me and doesn't want her heart to be broken again!!' Ahem understood now. 'But will I break her heart again? Haven't her initial words broken my heart, because I thought she wanted to leave be, because she couldn't live with me any longer?' he thought. Until the answer came to him. No he wouldn't break her heart again because she had become his heart. Slowly and quietly she had replaced the hatred he once felt for her with love and care. Now he understood that he might have started out taking care of her because of guilt and a sense of duty but that these feelings had changed soon after and that he had done it to be close to her and to make her happy. And that was the reason that he has been so frustrated with her indifference, because he wanted her to smile and be happy.

"Gopi listen to me I will not do that again. I will not break your heart again because your heart is my heart and my heart is yours. Breaking one would mean to break the other as well and I will never do that. Please stay with me" ahem told her with all the love he posses. Gopi could only stare at him for a minute with wide open beautiful brown eyes. Then she started to cry again and let her head sink on his shoulder. Carefully Ahem put his arms around her fragile body and pulled her closer to him. It was going to take some days for both of them to get used to this new situation, relationship and life all filled with love and affection. It was a new beginning for both of them now truly starting a live together.

Omg,this is such a beautiful OS...had tears in my eyes...beautifully written!!i really want Cv's to show us something like this.
Originally posted by Nihira-fan

Omg,this is such a beautiful OS...had tears in my eyes...beautifully written!!i really want Cv's to show us something like this.

πŸ˜ƒ Thank you glad you liked it!!!

And I also hope that they use the track to make ahem finally realise his love
its brilliant kristin...loved the os
its very good and well written

Originally posted by sks21

its brilliant kristin...loved the os
its very good and well written

Thank you dearπŸ˜ƒ

Glad you like it!!!
these days everyone are very emotional. see you have made me cry with your OS.
loved it and just praying that something like that must happen in the show.
Originally posted by shruthi2010

these days everyone are very emotional. see you have made me cry with your OS.
loved it and just praying that something like that must happen in the show.

Aww 😳 thank you shruthi. Glad that is moved you
Kirsten I wont say that I enjoyed it so much because love out of duty...no...

If I were to look at the OS independently ...yes feelings of both sides have been captured...but Ahem cant love Gopi out of duty...anywayz he has proved that today πŸ˜‰
That was awesome kirstin , I absolutely loved it. I want this to happen in the serial , I was so upset afta hearing abt rashie return and jigars reaction to her apology to gopi cos I feel that she is up to no good but ur os gives me something to hope for. Thank you
Originally posted by navyab

Kirsten I wont say that I enjoyed it so much because love out of duty...no...

If I were to look at the OS independently ...yes feelings of both sides have been captured...but Ahem cant love Gopi out of duty...anywayz he has proved that today πŸ˜‰

πŸ˜† sorry dear my english seems really off today I actuelly ment that the feeling of duty soon got replaced be the feeling of love. I was really upset about this article going around that Ahem is only taking care of gopi because he felt is was a duty an decided that I can't live with that and change it in my OS. But your right I am just watching the epi and he looks very much in loveπŸ˜ƒ