India-Forums

Baa Bahoo Aur Baby (Baa Bahu Aur Baby)
Baa Bahoo Aur Baby (Baa Bahu Aur Baby)

Baby's day out...with Baa and Bahoo

sweet_mita Goldie
sweet_mita
sweet_mita

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 11:23am | IP Logged
Baa Bahoo Aur Baby" has just been launched on Star TV. Is it any different from the routine stuff?

THE TRIO Benaaf.
They make you laugh; they have left you in tears too. If they love one another, they have their share of fights too. In short, they exemplify the essence of life. Meet the star cast of the newly launched Star serial "Baa Bahoo Aur Baby" who insist that they are just like any other family. Family story "'Baa Bahoo Aur Baby' is a story of everyone. It is about a joint family ruled by their mother who besides being sure of what is right and wrong, has a loving nature. Unlike other serials she shares an amazing relationship with her daughter-in-laws. This serial depicts the problems of a middle class family in a realistic way," emphasises Lubna Salim, who plays Leela Thakkar, the eldest bahu in the soap. Focus on comedy Agrees J. D. Majethia who along with Aatish Kapadia has made the serial and plays Harshad Thakkar in the show, "It is a character-based story and an only serial where all the characters can do comedy."

Lubna Salim.
The warmth has its touches on the sets as well. Says 18-year-old Benaaf, who plays the title role of polio-affected Baby in the show, "I am really pampered on the sets. Everyone here now calls me Baby." Challenging role Talking animatedly about her role, she says, "This is my first serial where I have to speak all the time in Hindi. I play the role of a polio-stricken girl who is not intimidated by her condition. It is a challenging role but I never had a problem playing it, except that my hands have become sore holding the crutches!" Baa (played by Sarita Joshi) puts forth a feminine angle. "A woman in real life lives quite timidly. In this serial, I play a strong woman who has worked hard to raise her kids, as her husband is good-for- nothing. If she is dominating, she is also practical and gracious in admitting and accepting her mistakes," she said.

Sarita Joshi.
So wasn't treading the beaten track of saas-bahu and joint family risky? "Not at all. A soap has to be about a family. To connect with a serial one need to see it three-four times.

"Only then can you discern the difference," Majethia points out.

fatmah5000 Goldie
fatmah5000
fatmah5000

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 4:15am | IP Logged
good! Clap
viral_shah Goldie
viral_shah
viral_shah

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 6:53am | IP Logged
THANKSSSSSSSSSS Tongue
dilshadraj Senior Member
dilshadraj
dilshadraj

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 8:15am | IP Logged
wow... that was very nice,I like leela bhabhi very much and was wondering what her name was..thanks for sharing Clap. She looks gud in the pic.
DMGlover12 Senior Member
DMGlover12
DMGlover12

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 2:32pm | IP Logged
yaar this amazing man thanks of the info
Devilzangel IF-Rockerz
Devilzangel
Devilzangel

Posted: 16 March 2006 at 2:47pm | IP Logged
thanks for sharing Smile
dures IF-Dazzler
dures