India-Forums

Kasauti Zindagi Ki
Kasauti Zindagi Ki

Mihir is much better father than anurag

tulip Senior Member
tulip
tulip

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 11:08am | IP Logged
Anurag. He has played father five times- to prem1, to komolika's unborn child, to sneha, to prem2, to shravan. His behaviour each time has been interesting. When prerna 'gave' prem1 to him, after her marriage to bajaj, he 'took' him because he was so lonely and prem was his sole support for life. But, did he spare a thought about prerna? What she would go through without prem? No. I don't think he ever offered to return prem back to prerna. In fact, when prerna threatened to take prem back, he was scared to death! The idea of looking at a child as a 'support stick', rather than as 'responsibility' is in congruence with anurag. He also looks at his women as 'support sticks' rather than 'responsibilities' . This is in stark contrast with a bajaj or a mihir for whom, his kids n his wife are essentially 'commitments' and 'responsibilities'. let's see how prem1's death affected prerna, bajaj and anurag. For prerna and bajaj, it was a huge shock- they were almost there to save that child, with the bag of money..had anurag not called police, prerna-bajaj would have saved prem, not to lose him ever again...but 1 mistake on anurag's part...and it was all over. this death changed bajaj...made him much more caring, sensitive and family-oriented person. bajaj-prerna were so deeply affected by a sense of loss...that it took them 8 yrs to give words to their hidden feelings about each other. After prem's death. RishabhPrerna both just became silent,quiet,celibate and focused on raising their 4 kids.
and what happened to anurag? barely a month after his son's death, he married aparna. a month from there, he was enjoying a full-fledged honeymoon, enjoying love-making with his brand new wife, even forgetting the close the door...what a great father huh...just lost his son with one woman....got busy making love to another woman...all that is so 'yuck' and makes him such a disgusting yucky person...
Interestingly, anurag never mourned for his unborn child with komolika, while he keeps mourning for prem till today! Was it because prem was his 'link' with prerna, and he wants that link to preserve. But since similar link with komolika was broken, he seems rather happy about it than sad. This behaviour of differentiating between his children on the basis of who their mother is, makes anurag the worst of fathers out there! and i can't help but admire MIHIR...though he HATES mandira from the core of his existence, that hatred doesn't affect his relationship with Karan. And THAT, makes mihir a great father....

Now the classic case with sneha! This is again the 'worst of worst' scenario. Till the moment she wasn't his 'blood' he didnt care whether she lived or died. He made her cry, behave cruelly with her. (remember the way he made her cry on mohini's birthday...like prerna had said- bacchi ke parents se dushmani hai to ek choti si bacchi pe kyun nikaal rahe ho?) anurag held that innocent kid responsible for her parents' behaviour. BEING IDEAL FATHER IS NOT ABOUT LOVING JUST UR OWN BLOOD, IT IS ALSO ABOUT CARING FOR AND BEING NICE TO ALL THE KIDS AROUND YOU...WHETHER THEY ARE THE STREET-ORPHANS OR UR NEICES'S FRIENDS.
and then, the moment she became 'his blood', he started pining for her. even animals, look after other animals' offsprings with love. Even animals don't have the attitude - 'i'll look after this one only if it's my 'blood'. A dog in my neighbourhood took care of a puppy, when that puppy's mom died....(ok now lets not link this to Kandy floss plz, i am just giving a general example)
anurag stoops lower than animals in this regard. he kept reaching out to sneha, as much as possible, taking full advantage of bajaj's sympathy, as if he needed to make his presence felt. it looked as if he was constantly in some competition with bajaj..and losing and getting frustrated. and the 20 yrs that he spent away from sneha, it was told to him by prerna because of his own actions- she certainly didn't want any of his wives kidnapping sneha as well!
Now, he seems rather cool with prerna naming udi as 'prem prerna sharma' rather than 'prem anurag basu'. he also seems less emotional or possessive about prem, than he has been about sneha. because he knows that this time he has no competition. sneha was considered bajaj's daughter. anurag has been extremely jealous of bajaj always.
but bajaj's relationship with udi is still not well-developed. they haven't really bonded, though bajaj feels paternal care for prem-more becoz somehow...though prem is "supposed to be" anu's son, is almost a mirror image of the younger bajaj- the same arrogance, the same selfishness, the same cold-blooded, cool-headed attitude, the same disregard for others feelings. i find him more and more like bajaj. initially, bajaj  kept udi alive only for prerna's sake. but that's it.  Prerna has to fight with aparna to get status as udi's mom. But udi has no other father figure in his life. As and when he improves, he is going to accept anurag as his sole father, because he has no other option! This time , bajaj is not playing the kind of role that he played earlier, and hence, anurag is so cool about it. He knows that he has no competition this time.
I cannot help but compare this with bajaj, who believes in giving love n care to his kids, rather than having any 'rights' on them.

Anurag's obsession with blood also came into light during udi Vs tushar case. till the moment udi was not his 'blood' anurag was about to kill him. That time he didnt spare a thought that udi too was smone else's son. The moment udi becomes his 'blood', he backs out from his 'promise' to bajaj to punish tushar's killer. 'blood' comes above everything. kisi aur ka beta hai, to mar jaaye, mujhe kya karna hai...mera beta hai, to kuch bhi kare, main usko court mein bachaunga.apni ma se zooth bulwaunga. Is fatherhood only about loving ur blood, or is it something bigger?

Lastly, anurag looked after shravan because he was indebted to debu, for saving his life n dying in the process. but he could never really consider shravan his 'son'. He wanted to give all his property to sneha, to prove to prerna and sneha how much he loves her. That time, he didn't think - if I give EVERYTHING to sneha, what'll be left for shravan?
Even today, he STILL cries for prem1, and sneha, but is least bothered about shravan. Logically speaking, his involvement and attachment should have been maximum with shravan, as they lived together for years. But it is the least, and his emotions for his 'blood' is the maximum, though he hasnt lived with sneha or prem. prerna at least admitted that she was guilty of neglecting her family for the sake of udi, but anurag doesn't even realize all this.

On the contrary, Mihir has always been a commited father. Though Karan was born when Mandira had put drugs in his drink and taken advantage of him, he gave Karan his name- he risked his marriage, his reputation but gave karan his right. Anurag didn't have daring to give his name to any of his illegitimate kids.
Mihir has never distinguished between his biological kids and Harsh- his wife's sister's son and saahil- his nephew. In fact, most of us don't even recall that Harsh's father isn't Mihir. today saahil and his wife ganga call mihir as mihir-papa, because he has showed the commitment and paternal affection that is always there-rock solid. in fact, we even tend to forget that saahil is his nephew, not son. Anurag, on the other hand, always prefers prem1,2, and sneha  over shravan.
when every1 else suspected tulsi of having EMA (when harsh's blood didn't match with mihir's), mihir (and ba) were the two people who stood up and said "-NO she is not that type of a woman. there must be a mistake." While there was solid proof in terms ofthe medical reports, mihir's feelings for tulsi and harsh didn't change- she was his wife, he was his son, that's all. Now compare this with anurag...who went blindly by komolika's planted evidence.
Mihir had to tell the truth in the court, about tulsi killing ansh. The biggest pain mihir can put himself was- to be away from his wife who he loved the most. But he did that...in order to keep his commitment to his dead son.
as the patriarch of the Virani family, mihir is always seen leading his sons from the front- sweating it out in the office, telling them to run business 'as usual' regardless of personal matters. THAT's the ideal father- who can support and lead his kids financially and business-wise. now lets not get started on how pathetically stupid anurag is in business, and now he keeps losing his business to the likes of bajaj!
When mihir found out that tulsi and karan-saahil  were bonding,his natural reaction was to bond with gomzi-ansh-shobha more, in order to maintain the balance. he ensures that between him and tulsi, all their kids get equal attention. if karan is tulsi's laadla, gomzi will always remain mihir's 'gautam beta'
Above all, like I have said again and again, a father - a GOOD IDEAL father, has to play fair, be able to give his NAME to his kid no matter what, not distinguish between biological and adopted kids, be at times strict with his sons (which a sissy like anurag can never be- he is too elastic for that...for being tough that is), and has to be the ROCK of support for his kids, not looking at his kids as his anchors...
would u like ur kids to have a father who keeps crying and looks at them as his 'support sticks'...or a father ur kids can look up to and seek support and guidance from.

Edited by tulip - 13 March 2006 at 11:25am

.Prometheus. IF-Veteran Member
.Prometheus.
.Prometheus.

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 11:10am | IP Logged
aaarree tulip y have u got mihir written in ur topic shuldnt it be bajaj
Ali IF-Dazzler
Ali
Ali

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 11:12am | IP Logged
he he didi
u r funny
u should read the topic and not mihir
tulip it is so big and true
that no matter what happen i have to agree wid u
.Prometheus.
.Prometheus.

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 11:19am | IP Logged
i have read it but y compare anu to mihir he is from a different serial altogether hanu should be compared to some1 from this serial if tulip wanted to comapre him to someone
Ali IF-Dazzler
Ali
Ali

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 11:24am | IP Logged
ya i understand but she just did a msitake and forgot to write is As Bajaj
but she wanted to write Bajaj
Well he is a nice fathere in KSBKBT and in KZK
.Prometheus.
.Prometheus.

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 11:25am | IP Logged
but neways i do agree with wot u have ritten abut anu though this is trui wonder wot anu fans with make of this LOL
tulip Senior Member
tulip
tulip

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 11:28am | IP Logged
I am comparing anu with both mihir and bajaj.
There was some anufan comparing mihir and anu here, so this is the TRUTH 4 them to see.
LOL

Raindrop Goldie
Raindrop
Raindrop

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 11:31am | IP Logged
LOL
You wrote a full story there Tulip.
Yeah i know but, Mihir is an completely different character from Anurag.
Anurag is Fine as he is, Anurag has been through alot. And He didn't HAVE A 'link' with Komolika.
And Obviously with Prena, there has been an Old 'Link' through Prem to Prena. Its His and Prena's Blood.
Anurag's always giving sacrifices and stuff. you should of seen when he couldn't go to Sneha's wedding! It was so sad!
Cry
Anurag is the best Yaar.
Mihir is a completely different character.
Why you comparing Mihir with Anurag?
Anurag is a completely different character.
If you have someone to blame thats Ekta.
She's the one who decides everything that happens in the dramas, they're actors they're supposed to act whatever's given to them.

I'm still voting for Anurag!
LOL
Sorry dear, i know you wrote alot there.
but Anurag just rocks
if it was Rishabh then it would of been different..

Smile

Anjali

Go to top