India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

I'm going to Goa for Honeymoon: Amisha Pa

sheetald IF-Rockerz
sheetald
sheetald

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 10:34am | IP Logged
Despite a string of flops, Amisha Patel, who recently starred in 'Humko Tumse Pyar Hai' and 'Teesri Aankh', is as chirpy as ever. Excerpts from an interview by TWF correspondent Vickey Lalwani

Q: What made you sign 'Teesri Aankh'?
A: It's not every day that you get interesting characters to portray in an acting career. 'Teesri Aankh' was a suspense thriller, in which I played a mute who witnesses a murder. I love thrillers.

Q: Was it tough to play mute?
A: I prepared to portray a mute by learning sign language, which is not easy. My sign language teacher was Sangeeta, the same person who taught Rani Mukerji for 'Black'.

Q: You worked with Sunny after a long time?
A: Sunny is professional as ever. But one thing I must say is that he's only getting better with age. Contrary to the serious and sober impression most have of him, he's a very warm person with a good sense of humour. Also, working with Sunny is a great learning experience.

Q: You have also worked with Bobby?
A: Right. Bobby is a fantastic co-star to work with. I worked with Bobby in 'Humraaz' which was a hit, then 'Humko Tumse Pyaar Hai' which released few days back.

It's sad that the co-producer and director Bunty Soorma expired while shooting was in progress. Irrespective of the fate of the film at the box-office because the audience is really unpredictable these days, the entire cast and crew of the film is very happy that Bunty's dream has been realised.

Q: Tell us about 'Tathasthu'?
A: After 'Gadar', I'm playing a mother once again, in a very performance-oriented role. 'Tathasthu' is a very real story about a couple's struggle to save their child from a fatal ailment. A story that people will easily relate to as it shows how far a couple can go when their child's life is at stake. I am also very excited about Vikram Bhatt-directed 'Ankahee'.

Q: Go on...
A: 'Ankahee' is based on real instances and characters inspired from real life. What would happen if a husband were attracted to another woman? It's about relationships, the complications that people get into, how they affect one another and how they're sorted out. I am also doing Dharmesh Darshan's 'Aap Ke Khatir' and Farhan Akhtar's 'Honeymoon Travels Pvt Ltd' directed by Reema Kagti.

Q: You have just returned from London, shooting for 'Aap Ki Khatir'?
A: It was such a different and lovely experience shooting in old mansions. It was freezing there, and Priyanka Chopra, Dino Morea, Sunil Shetty all had a blast. I love the cold season.

Now, I am leaving for Goa for 'Honeymoon Travels Pvt Ltd'. In Goa, it is going to be hot. I hate summers, but I am looking forward to work with my director Reema.

Q: You have been travelling quite a bit that means?
A: It's really hectic, but frankly speaking I am enjoying it. I am a workaholic and the more I work, the better I feel. I am still young enough to work round-the-clock. I think I have the rest of my life to take it easy.

Q: You have also lost some weight?
A: Yes. And I am getting lots of compliments for my looks today. But losing weight is not just for glamour but to feel fresh and glow all the time. When I am in Mumbai, I go to the gym two to three times a week for my work-out.

Aries23 IF-Stunnerz
Aries23
Aries23

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 2:55pm | IP Logged
hmmm
AnGeLeYeZz Goldie
AnGeLeYeZz
AnGeLeYeZz

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 2:59pm | IP Logged
thnx
NBA ALL-STAR Senior Member
NBA ALL-STAR