India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Lalit starts his career independently wit

sheetald IF-Rockerz
sheetald
sheetald

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 10:00am | IP Logged

Music director LalitMusic director Lalit who recently parted ways with his brother Jatin, is already on his way to making a niche for himself in the music industry. Sa Re Ga Ma's GEET, to be directed by Imtiaz Ali, will be Lalit's first film as an independent music director, where his name will appear solo in the credits. Lalit has also composed the music of Yashraj Films' FANAAH, though his name will jointly appear with Jatin in the film. Says an excited Lalit, "I consider GEET an important milestone in my career. It is the first time that I am composing music independently but there's always a first time for everything in life. The fact that I am doing a music company's film to start with is an important achievement for me. Sa Re Ga Ma's Harish Dayani has been a great support to me."

Lalit also admits to having had a great experience working with director Imtiaz Ali. "It is very important that a director has faith in the music director and Imtiaz gave me all the creative freedom I required. He explained the musical situations to me in elaborate detail after which I worked on the compositions in the film," he says.

Jatin - LalitIn keeping with his decision Lalit has also changed his style of compositions. "It will be a modern music with an Indian base. I want to be a music director of today." Did he feel Jatin's absence while working on the film? "Not really. I think it pays to work in a team only if the wavelength is matching. Besides, I am thoroughly convinced about the importance of working independently. It makes decision making an easy process. A lot of producers with whom I have worked in the past also agree that it was a timely and apt decision. Of course Jatin is my elder brother and it is not as if we are not on talking terms. When we meet, we'll do so cordially but professionally we have parted ways and now there's no going back," Lalit reveals matter-of-factly. 

Meanwhile the Vice-President of Sa Re Ga Ma, Harish Dayani, is all praise for Lalit's work in GEET. "Lalit is a very talented music director and he has composed seven fabulous songs for the film. Considering that it's a musical love story, we wanted a unique score for the film and he has done full justice to it," Dayani reveals.

Download Hum Tum WallpapersLalit has also been signed by Rani Mukherjee's brother, Raja Mukherjee, for his directorial debut in Bengali. "That film is again a musically oriented film," he informs. What if a situation arises where he and Jatin end up meeting the same set of producers? "Such a situation is unlikely," he says.

It may be recalled that the Jatin-Lalit jodi worked together for 15 years in 100 films, before they decided to part ways. The last successful film that they did together was Yash Chopra's HUM TUM.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top