Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sareg thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
By the coverage Hemu got on the show, by the coverage Himani and Vineet got on the show, can you beleive what GS is saying?
~*Natalyia*~ thumbnail
ID didn't want debojit 2 sing live??? thatz stupid, y not??? i hate it when ppl lip sing, googd going hr! u wanted vinit 2 sing live! 😉
Qwest thumbnail
srianne ji.

Who did he think would win the 2005 Challenge: I thought Hemachandra had the perfect voice to win the contest? Himani, Nihira and Rajiv are also good singers.

Looks like GS do have issue with Assam, That is why he did not mention Debojit's name even once  may be all these negative point added up the frustration to NE and  gave NE a reason to fight back and support  there son of the soil. GS did not forget to mention Rajiv name but as you said he did not mention Debojit's name.

sweety001 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
yes very good interview....i liked his choice of who wanted to win also! 😉
coolsam thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
bangboy, thanks.good article.
Celina7 thumbnail
Thanx 4 da article... I think Hema, Vinit, Nihira, Himani were da best among all ....theyr my favz...
madhavi_r108 thumbnail
Hmm... I think we can spend a lot of time finding faults with Gajendra Singh and how he handled Challenge 2005 especially in not promoting Hema when he did have great chance of winning this show..

But then, can we forget that this man has consistently for over 10 years given us some brilliant musical delights. Antakshari was one of the best shows on TV.. I remember as a kid sitting and watching it with my parents learning new songs reliving old songs, for my parents who were living abroad, this was a connection with their home.. I attended the shooting of the Antakshari schedule when it was in UAE and had the oppurtunity to just see Gajendra Singh at work..he is phenomenal, he enjoys music so much.. and Annu Kapoor, those tears are real and so are those emotions when he sings...

Can u imagine how heart broken he must have been when he had to finish Antakshari because it wasnt getting enough TRPs thanks to musical shows like FG or II which 'claim' to have singing talent where all they have are mimicry artists (i am being harsh.. but seriously.. the talent on those shows is bare minimum..there is talent..but not SRGMP level..) just because of public votes.. but SRGMP was his trump card, people loved this show, wheter it was Sonu, the Bangash brothers or Shaan, SRGMP never lost its shine.. and then even this show was at threat from other reality shows, he had to think about money for first time!

GS has given some brilliant shows.. I loved the one he had with Raghuvir Yadav about war martrys and army.. super super show.. i used to cry at the end of every episode literally.. and he had to take that off too..

Who is to blame ? people like us, who are so blinded by glitter and glamour that we dont appreciate the beauty of good things..

If it werent for SRGMP, Sonu Nigam would have been an obscure name, Shreya Goshal, Kunal Ganjawala wouldn't be heard off and Amey Date, Rahul Saxena would settel for singing small albums.. and more than anything, Nihira Joshi and Hemachandra wouldn't have been heard on such a great level..

Lets not insult this great man, what ever politics he played, it seems justified now.. he knew very well that Hemu and Nihira would get offers anyway, they didn't need to win this competition to prove their worth.. and thats what happened.. Nihira, Himani and Hemu got offers faster than the singers on that show.. and i am sure will get soon.. same for vinit.. so Debo winning was required for him... and its good he won.. GS has his own opinion..maybe he didn't like Debo's voice..he never even said Sharib's name..he found Rajiv better..thats his choice..

I might sound like GS supporter..and maybe I am.. because this man made me atleast know something about old music which otherwise would have been lost somewhere...
sp_2012 thumbnail
Nice article thanks for sharing!
Qwest thumbnail

madhavir108 wrote:
Hmm... I think we can spend a lot of time finding faults with Gajendra Singh and how he handled Challenge 2005 especially in not promoting Hema when he did have great chance of winning this show...

Why he did not promote Hema my opinion is SMS money was not coming to there expectation. So probably that is why he did not want to promote Hema.And also note that I am not questioning his 10 years given us some brilliant musical delights.

My view has changed on gaji after reading this article or interview today, enclosing a link where he failed to mention Debojit name even once but he did not forgot Rajiv now you tell me what should be your opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=237227&T PN=6

soulsoup wrote:
anshu03 wrote: 
Yes Angel, Vinit too has a contract with Zee for 2 years. I dunno when his album will be out! Plus he will have to pay royalty to the channel for every playback song or show done by him i.e. after taking channels noc. Really? That's sick! Qwest wrote:
That should tell us lot of thing why Debojit Album still on Hold. Really? That's sick!

Edited by Qwest - 18 years ago
madhavi_r108 thumbnail
Qwestji, thats y i started my post saying that we can spend a lot of time, GS isn't a perfect man like all of us.. and he did screw up certain things..

I've seen that thread and i totally agree.. i've said it before also that SRGM's BIGGEST flaw so far and probably its only has been not promoting the singers as sony did..

sony made a singer who isnt that great (Abhijit Sawant) a household name with publicity..his album which had decent songs got nominated with Sonu's Chanda ki Doli which had phenomenal songs...

I wish they dont repeat the same mistake with Debo.. because then they r goin to lose the credibility..

but my reply was to target at people who called GS names and all tat..for this debacle of challenge 2005.. we really shuldn't judge him..because i have immense respect for tat man... SRGMP C05 inspite of all the politics.. was a delight to watch n listen too.. each singer was like a gem and there were diamonds like Nihira, Hem, Himani, Vinit and Debo..

as for the contract thingie..its there for all shows... Amey Date said in his chat tat he is in a contract with Sony and he is out of the competition !!!