India-Forums

Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

A genius: Sajjad hussain (Page 6)

*dolly* IF-Sizzlerz
*dolly*
*dolly*

Posted: 28 February 2007 at 12:25pm | IP Logged
iam writing this again because wanted to say he seemed like a person who didnt really cared to give his honest opinion.may be he was too honest and without feelings attached to them in his opinion.when he praised or complimented he did like no one else and when he criticized he was like no one else either..

Sajjad Hussain, the temperamental genius if there was one, did not mince his words when he mouthed his opinions, musical or otherwise. He has gone on record saying, "Lata gaati hai, baki sub roti hai". (Lata sings, all others cry). Other gifted composers in days of yore, who were not as blatant in their utterances, seemed to secretly share Sajjad's opinion as they reserved their best compostions for the best female voice in business. It's true of Naushad and Ravindra Jain, Madan Mohan and Shiv Hari, C. Ramchandra and Ram Laxman. The list seems to be unending.

*dolly* IF-Sizzlerz
*dolly*
*dolly*

Posted: 28 February 2007 at 12:32pm | IP Logged

15.Woh Raat Din Woh

http://www.savefile.com/files/524183

16. Dil Mein Sama Gaye Sajan

http://www.savefile.com/files/524192

17.Yeh Hawa Yeh Raat - by Talat Mahmood

http://www.savefile.com/files/524209

Edited by *dolly* - 28 February 2007 at 12:45pm
*dolly* IF-Sizzlerz
*dolly*
*dolly*

Posted: 28 February 2007 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
Lata ji have said this about sajjad hussain ji..

Sajjad Hussain was of a totally different framework. His music had an Arabian touch to it. His alaap used to be similar to those of Arabs. In the song, ' Ae Dilruba', he displayed how to take a unrestrained and light alaap with fluctuations in an inner pitch.
*dolly* IF-Sizzlerz
*dolly*
*dolly*

Posted: 28 February 2007 at 12:48pm | IP Logged

This is last one I have ..for now..

18.Woh To Chale Gaye Ai Dil

http://www.savefile.com/files/524216

Edited by *dolly* - 28 February 2007 at 12:49pm
*dolly* IF-Sizzlerz
*dolly*
*dolly*

Posted: 02 March 2007 at 2:58pm | IP Logged

more songs

1. Phir Tumhari Yaad

http://play.rhapsody.com/sajjadhussain/rustomsohrab/phirtumh ariyaad

Saiyan
(Soundtrack)

Singles & EPs

Rustam
Sohrab

(Single, Soundtrack)

Rustom
Sohrab

(Single, Soundtrack)

Rustom
Sohrab

(Single, Soundtrack)

Bahana
(Single, Soundtrack)

Edited by *dolly* - 02 March 2007 at 3:01pm
*salil* Goldie
*salil*
*salil*

Posted: 02 March 2007 at 6:02pm | IP Logged

I had not heard Sajjad-ji's compositions much before so I downloaded all of the 18 songs that Dolly posted here and heard each one carefully. Of that, of course, Talat's 'Yeh Hawa Yeh Raat' is my favorite and 2 other  songs 'Yeh Kaisi Ajab Dastan' and 'Woh to Chale Gaye Hai Din' I had heard before and I really like them - very good compostions. But I must say that I was disappointed with the rest 15 -- especially after reading so much about him and that these songs are from Best of Sajjad album. Now if people say Sajjad-ji was arrogant with his comments on Talat (Galat Mehmood) and Kishore Kumar (Shor Kumar) and he never appreciated his fellow composer's work... well I sort of agree with them...Especially so if I compare his work with that of Roshan-ji, Naushad saab, Mandan-ji and others..

Has anyone else heard these songs? what do you feel about them..

Edited by *salil* - 02 March 2007 at 6:11pm
punjini IF-Dazzler
punjini
punjini

Posted: 02 March 2007 at 6:41pm | IP Logged
Dolly, I tried listening to 'Phir tumhari yaad' but got the message that this is only for US residents.

Phir tumhari yaad is one of my most favourite songs. Just love it! In fact, everyone in my family is crazy about this song. It is so very ROMANTIC! Even the picturisation is superb; I wish someone could post the video of this song. The Sangdil songs are fantastic too.

One really wishes that Sajjad had composed more songs. He was in a league of his own. The beauty of the Golden Era is that each MD sounds better than the other and you can't really decide who is the best!
*salil* Goldie
*salil*
*salil*

Posted: 02 March 2007 at 7:29pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by punjini

Dolly, I tried listening to 'Phir tumhari yaad' but got the message that this is only for US residents.

Phir tumhari yaad is one of my most favourite songs. Just love it! In fact, everyone in my family is crazy about this song. It is so very ROMANTIC! Even the picturisation is superb; I wish someone could post the video of this song. The Sangdil songs are fantastic too.

One really wishes that Sajjad had composed more songs. He was in a league of his own. The beauty of the Golden Era is that each MD sounds better than the other and you can't really decide who is the best!

Dolly -- phir tumhari yaad mp3 file is not correct. The file with that name is of a Talat Mehmood song. 

Edited by *salil* - 02 March 2007 at 7:30pm

Go to top