sweetsorrow18 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 18 years ago
Himanshi Choudhry chamkegi?

Himanshi plays the small-screen Basanti
Chaitanya Padukone
Sunday, March 12, 2006  19:25 IST

As Dingy in 'Des Mein Nikla Hoga Chaand' she went unnoticed. But it looks like Himanshi Choudhry is in for a big break. The  actor plays Chamkee in producer Tony and Diya Singh's (of 'Jassi…' fame) upcoming show 'Jabb Love Hua' set against a rustic backdrop. Chamkee is the typical 'gaon ki gori' and apparently has shades of the chatterbox Basanti (Hema Malini) in 'Sholay'.

Himanshi says,   "It was a challenge for a westernized girl like me to play this dehaati ladki." But wouldn't it be difficult for urban audiences to connect to a village-belle?  Himanshi defends, "Not really, because Chamkee is a film-freak and is dying to run away to Mumbai to become a star. She is fun-loving and has a care-a-damn attitude." 

There are urban characters too, but Choudhry gushes, "Tony and Diya are confident that Chamkee would be among the scene-stealers."

When contacted producer Tony confirmed, "We finalized Himanshi as Chamkee after auditioning a number of artistes. She is definitely the stand-apart character in the rustic setting." Interestingly, certain portions of the soap have been shot in the same countryside house at Wai where Shah Rukh Khan's 'Swades' was shot.

The cast also includes Bollywood actors Priya Badlani ('Silsilay') and Sudeep Sahir ( 'Ayushmaan'). The serial is expected to go on air by mid-April.

gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 😭

Edited by sweetsorrow18 - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

priyaaa thumbnail
ewwies..that photo.. 😵

but errm..thanks? 😆 😛
Jia thumbnail
thanks for sharing khush. 😊 this means jjkn will have ended by then. 😭
marvelous.malks thumbnail
They really couldnt have picked a better leading role naa!! 😛 😛
Thanks for sharing Khush!
So JJKN is ending...! 😭
Ambrosia thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
JJKN is ending 😭 . I guess this serial will also follow the JJKN story line. the girl will go to MUmbai, get a job somewhere, start to love some one dam rich and then probably a makeover into a stylish modern girl. what say.
leo_pooja thumbnail
thanks for the article..i see T and D are trying their luck..well, from the picture, the leading girl looks very simple and traditional..a perfect fit for the role of a village girl 😉
Jia thumbnail

Originally posted by: leo_pooja

thanks for the article..i see T and D are trying their luck..well, from the picture, the leading girl looks very simple and traditional..a perfect fit for the role of a village girl 😉

yup, totally😛😆

fan no 1 jjkn thumbnail
That is her photo?????????? T&D could have come out with a better casting. What is AA's next step?
Sharila thumbnail
Thanks for the article Khush