Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

India-Forums

"Aao to Welcome, Jaao to Bheed Kum" (Page 15)

chatbuster IF-Rockerz
chatbuster
chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 12:25pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by s.priya

CB,

Thanks for ur comments.

What you have written is probably hitting the nail on its head. Subtle sentences, shrouded very well in folds of good words and language often has a way saying and meaning things which might miss the casual reader, but for a regular member, it makes a whole of sense.

How do we handle this.

It is your wishes, i mean the wishes of the forum members that Moderators should be here only to control profanity and personal attacks and nothing else.

So how to control this. The example you gave is a prime example of how some members try to get under the skin of some other members, provoke them and sit back and watch the fur fly.

Please help us finding a way of dealing with situations like this, without getting the forum up in arms against us. We welcome your inputs on this.

yaar, whatever rules you formulate reflect priorities. to my mind,

1. hate/ discriminatory attacks are the worst kind. they offend an entire section of people. in civilized societies, these attacks merit the harshest sanctions. no attack, subtle or otherwise, that are racial, ethnic, regional, religious in nature should be tolerated... As i have said before, someone can get away with life sentence for a murder, but if it can be estblished that the murder had "hate" undertones, then the sentence is manadatorily capital punishment.

2. personal abuse comes a distant second. not just me saying it- this idea is very well embedded in US jurisprudence. yaar, i have seen too many trends in my short existence to know that ultimately some of these trends find their way to other places as well. we want to deal with the west on economic terms, well we better understand that 1. is definitely far worse than 2. A lot of the VC capital or funding someone might want have flows that originate out west (FDI).

3. anything else goes. in line with my thinking on free speech. includes bad grammar, poor logic, sarcasm, humor (sick or otherwise), confrontanial questioning- these should be technically acceptable.

4. in cases of 2, a simple edit/ warning should suffice. repeated offenses cld of course lead to harsher sanctions.

5. since 1 can be subtle, there should be a system where someone is pmed to explain/ apologize. someone may initiate the complaint, could be a member or mod. if there is no satisfactory reply, the person probably warrants strict censure/ banning. but the point here is to give whoever it is some opportunity to defend- after all, who am i to say that something falls under 1 without giving the other side an opportunity to defend. but if they cannot defend, then the offense deserves the ultimate sanction.

would also prevent sensationalizing things unless warranted. while the "case" is pending, someone could be prevented from further posting without attaching some other label to their profile.

6. if we exclude 1., we will continue to have problems. Worse, now that this has been brought to your attention on repeated occasions, someone cannot say they were not informed in advance.

7. if u apply above policy, it shld be clear who shld have gotten banned first.

as for swar_raj, sorry i do not get your point. are you telling me that it is ok to use that phrase. your only response will be to "move away"?

apparaohoare IF-Rockerz
apparaohoare
apparaohoare

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 12:27pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Swar_Raj

Priya I agree, we cannot close our eyes,..We shouldnot tolerate it but before taking it your hands,...do report it too and in some cases..like ASAM INdia ..responding just yes or no was a pain...so in such cases it is better to leave them and pity them.

Hi,

How do you know AssamIndia?  He was banned before you joined the forum, and once you are banned all your posts are deleted too.  Were you banned earlier? Wink  Is this your new name?  I was just wondering how do you know AssamIndia?

No hard feelings, just a question.

Qwest IF-Rockerz
Qwest
Qwest

Banned for Advertising

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 12:34pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by seema_17

Swar what u say is true, but i think in this case it is entirely out of context, first of all whatever abhi had said or done was long time ago, and out of the blue, a mod found it and banned him, when he had already apologized for this matter and had been forgiven, but anyways lets not go there. after this i think priya and bhaskar will agree that everything was going fine, everyone was happy and back to normal when Vijay decides to step in and say "aao tho welcome, jaao tho bheed come" meaning anybody goes we don't care, we don't need u guys anyways. it is THIS statement i object too, an i think that was the objective of this post

seema_17

aao tho welcome, jaao tho bheed come"

I think he also ment by that I have created it and I will destroy it.

meaning as you said anybody goes we don't care.

chatbuster IF-Rockerz
chatbuster
chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 1:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by apparaohoare

Priya I agree, we cannot close our eyes,..We shouldnot tolerate it but before taking it your hands,...do report it too and in some cases..like ASAM INdia ..responding just yes or no was a pain...so in such cases it is better to leave them and pity them.

Hi,

How do you know AssamIndia?  He was banned before you joined the forum, and once you are banned all your posts are deleted too.  Were you banned earlier? Wink  Is this your new name?  I was just wondering how do you know AssamIndia?

i think this is a fair question. especially considering what was seen a few weeks earlier with new ids coming in forcefully with loud opinions.

appa_d Groupbie
appa_d
appa_d

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 1:43pm | IP Logged
I am not sure of the controversies happening here. Sorry about that.
Just wanted to wish you all a very happy holi.
AppaRao, Chatbuster, AD and others please leave your signature remarks (funny ones) on my thread too titled 'Happy Holi to all Music Premis'.....Its my first thread :-(( and because I have always enjoyed reading your posts, I would love to see some on my thread too....
Smile
roy IF-Rockerz
roy
roy

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 1:46pm | IP Logged
the guy is right . honestly what ever he did even i wud have done the same , no one can hear any thing abt his/her country.
            what ever he did was right.

Clap
seema_17 IF-Rockerz
seema_17
seema_17

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 2:01pm | IP Logged
I cannot believe some ppl r calling him attention seeking for defending his country.... i cannot believe that when the likes of Bapigua and Assamindia have been put up with, and ppl who insult whole regions and states, and attack members who don't support their fans, have not been banned, Abhi has to face this treatment, specially by the Admin who made this forum, how r we expected to behave when his is how they behave. Ouch
Abhi, that was a good response, and i stand by you! Clap
Swar_Raj IF-Dazzler
Swar_Raj
Swar_Raj

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 2:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by apparaohoare

Hi,

LOLNo sir, i have not been banned so far. I was a reader only (Started for KKusum show of Sony few years back) and was really surprised on his stupid posts and the patience some of the members here in nicely responding him...wow I could not have.

It has been hard to read forum due to a bar that travels and u are kind of forced to open account..probably that is why there are lots of newbie as per Mr. Chartbuster.

Go to top