India-Forums

Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi
Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi

Indian TV heroines on Women's Day

helipatel IF-Sizzlerz
helipatel
helipatel

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 4:19pm | IP Logged
By Arpana, New Delhi: On the small screen they may voice traditional values, but off screen the reigning ladies of Indian TV soaps are urban women with a mind of their own.

Here's what they told IANS on what they think about
Women's Day - a day that marks the achievements of women in every walk of life:

Smriti Malhotra Irani (Tulsi in "Kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi"): I believe we should celebrate every woman who is educated and financially liberated. Be it a working woman or a housewife, every day is a challenge for them and they are so busy looking after their kids,
husbands and in-laws that they rarely take time off for themselves.

It would be nice if they celebrated this day that is meant exclusively for women. On this day I am be delivering a lecture on Women's Empowerment in Delhi. I get inspiration from my mother and
books like "Little Women".

Shilpa Saklani (Ganga of "Kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi"): I believe that women could and should celebrate Women's Day everyday.

I would like to spend this day with someone who recognises and honours me as a woman and it has to be my husband because he aaccepts me just the way I am. My idol woman would be my mother and my mother-in-
law.

Mona Wasu (Miilee in "Miilee"): I don't believe in such days. I think the whole concept of liberation of women is misinterpreted. There is no such day as Men's Day, is there?

I think that we should all celebrate Human's Day first. I guess that there are many issues that we as human beings face that need to be tackled.

Mrinal Kulkarni (Sonpari of "Sonpari"): One does not need a day like this to celebrate womanhood, but I feel that womanhood should be marked everyday by letting men know our worth. A woman is worth her capabilities and can do everything and anything under the sun.

Men are aware of what woman power is. My advice to women is that they should be more focused when making personal choices. There is a lot more to do apart from
marriage. Also, try not to be a super woman. Just be and act the way you are.

I have no ideal woman because each person is unique and there is always something new to learn from different people.

Juhi Parmar (Kumkum from "Kumkum"): I feel women are no longer backward like before. I am proud of the fact that women are progressing in different walks of life. Be it the
entertainment world or the corporate world, women are dominating every area, sometimes even holding higher posts than men.

I don't want to sound clichd but the woman that I admire and draw inspiration from is Mother Teresa. She worked selflessly for the poor and downtrodden in spite of being an outsider.

Rucha Gujarati (Suhana from "Bhabhi"): Women's day is something very special and makes me want to work even harder. It gives me the
energy and zest to keep going and be a mentor for many aspiring women in India.

I am celebrating this day by making a promise to myself that each time I stand in front of the mirror I will see a person I can look up to. I will pamper myself with some chocolates and a good dinner with my loved ones.

I don't think that any single woman could be an idol to me because it limits my thought process. I wish I had the wisdom of Mother Teresa, the power of Indira Gandhi, the strength of Jhansi Ki Rani and the beauty of my mother.

dilshadraj Senior Member
dilshadraj
dilshadraj

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 4:20pm | IP Logged
Thanx for sharing....
Clap Clap
sanjana22sanju Goldie
sanjana22sanju
sanjana22sanju

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 4:48pm | IP Logged
thanks for sharing......... Big smile
Immie Goldie