Maryada. Crossing the Line - Page 2

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago
I repeat again this isn't Ekta's show...
leo4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: dekhiki

Part of the reason Aditya is showing so much concern for Vidya is *because* of his mother. He feels guilty for the way his family has used her, for the way Devyani didn't seem to care that she was wronging another woman by bringing Vidya into marriage with Gaurav. He feels that his family owes her for having treated her the way they did. Also, he knows next to nothing about his mother's problems, because Devyani is very very careful to make it seem like everything is fine with her. It's not like Adi's new interest in helping Vidya came from nowhere - it's only after he found out about the problems in her life.

Vidya doesn't confide in anyone unless she has to. When she found out about Gaurav, she couldn't even tell her parents. When she was shot she couldn't tell them. When she told Chinu, it was only because she had wanted to die and he saved her and she was feeling very mixed up. When she realized that even though she wanted Gaurav to be happy, it still hurt her to see him reuniting with Karan, she kept that to herself and kept trying to be encouraging to them. These last few episodes, she's gone out of her way to avoid telling Adi anything. She really hasn't tried to get anyone's attention for her problems, male or female.

Also, remember Adi has a strong sense of justice. One of the main reasons, in my opinion, that Devyani keeps so many things secret is because she knows if Adi finds out, he'd not only lose all respect for his father, he would confront him and it would get ugly and her family would fall apart. Adi is being a good brother-in-law and a good human being in trying to be supportive of Vidya and wanting to avoid more injustice happening with her. He is also being himself.

I think I take a different understanding of this show than other people, please chime in if your opinion is different. I think with the title, Maryada Lekin Kab Tak, we're supposed to understand that the main characters are all struggling with to what extent they should respect the need to maintain maryada even when it is causing them great pain or dissatisfaction. This show is not about depicting people crossing limits just for the sake of crossing limits, of showing sensational relationships for no real reason. It's about the kinds of feelings and problems that real people have to deal with, just more intense for dramatic and entertainment purposes. Just because we are seeing lots of Adi-Vidya interaction doesn't mean either of them is suddenly going to forget their love for their spouses, which is so important to both of them.

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
yes this is exactly what i feel , excellent post. i just feel that just coz of brahama uttra everyone just goes on that har ik relationship will be an affiar, it is not supposed to a bold and the beautiful remake where everyone sleeps with everyone in quest for real happiness. πŸ˜†

vidya and chinu were not related, his sisters bhabi ( who if gets divorced will never be realted  to him ) so it wasnt wrong on the relation part, it was just the chinu was wrongly castedπŸ˜†

i dont see adi vidya scene ever.