Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mango-frost thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 18 years ago

Originally posted by: pragatimanoj

This is not true.  I think it is the other way round.  Amey cannot sing songs which are not his kind.  Like the "rang de basanti", thaiya thaiya, satrangi re (in which his voice has cracked), mahi ve. 

He can sing soft romantic numbers and should stick to that if he wants votes. 

Karunya on the other hand has handled songs of different genre with great amount of confidence and good singing.   I am trying to compare both of them here but I am just saying what I have observed so far in Indian Idol.
cheers
Pragati

i agree karu handled diff genres of songs with much ease

but u cant say that amey failed in doing so??? he wasnt that bad!!! i mean sure he prolly wasnt at his best...but he wasnt bad rite??

and saying that amey has nothing special...is totally rong

shimmeryf thumbnail
Every singer cannot be best in all departments,plus Amey has been having throat problems throughout and he takes it away when it comes to putting emotions and feelings in the song.
anonmember thumbnail
You ask why he didn't get a break. He did have a Marathi album, has sung playback for some Marathi films, sang a song for the film Pinjar albeit it was a group song.

How many former SRGM winners are singing playback for Bollywood? Not too many, its not easy to get a break in Bollywood. As for remix albums, I'm sure he wouldn't want to sing revamped versions of old classics, knowing his high regard for past legendary singers and their compositions. Any respectable singer wouldn't want to sing songs accompanied with lame music videos. Unfortunately in showbiz, hard work and talent isn't enough sometimes.
anonmember thumbnail
Juda Hoke Bhi wasn't a soft romantic song. The original by Farhan was slow but the remixed version from Kalyug is an upbeat song. Amey sang it faster than the film version too.

Every singer has his/her fair share of limitations. Actually, every person does! Some singers from II can't bring the right mood into romantic songs either. Edited by sonyaee - 18 years ago
pragatimanoj thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: srk_lover

i agree karu handled diff genres of songs with much ease

but u cant say that amey failed in doing so??? he wasnt that bad!!! i mean sure he prolly wasnt at his best...but he wasnt bad rite??

and saying that amey has nothing special...is totally rong

You have yourself answered the question by saying that he was not probably at his best.  WE all want amey to give his best shot, there is no excuse for mediocrity.  Antara did not sing a song well and was voted out.  Meenal never sounded bad and was still voted out.  Monali was a very good singer and never goofed up and was still voted out.  Neha was a good performer and was voted out.  when ravi sang well, he was still voted out.  same goes for panna also.  So why is Amey goofing up so much.  Why is he taking everybody for granted.  we are voting for him and rooting for him and what is he doing in return.  not giving us his best.  he has a potential but lacks in kinetics.  We need to see the kinetic  energy since we trust his potential energy.  He has nearly goofed up in three galas and he better show us what he is worth now, cause the votes we are sending him are really very costly.  it can go to somebody who is more deserving.  I am not trying to offend anybody here but this is what is going on.
cheers
pragati
shimmeryf thumbnail
i second sonyaee on this.Not everybody from II can sing romantic songs in right feel.
shimmeryf thumbnail

You have yourself answered the question by saying that he was not probably at his best. WE all want amey to give his best shot, there is no excuse for mediocrity. Antara did not sing a song well and was voted out. Meenal never sounded bad and was still voted out. Monali was a very good singer and never goofed up and was still voted out. Neha was a good performer and was voted out. when ravi sang well, he was still voted out. same goes for panna also. So why is Amey goofing up so much. Why is he taking everybody for granted. we are voting for him and rooting for him and what is he doing in return. not giving us his best. he has a potential but lacks in kinetics. We need to see the kinetic energy since we trust his potential energy. He has nearly goofed up in three galas and he better show us what he is worth now, cause the votes we are sending him are really very costly. it can go to somebody who is more deserving. I am not trying to offend anybody here but this is what is going on.cheerspragati

How come 3 galas?
I dont understand the word goofed up.How many dare to sing RDB.He did and did pretty well over there.
Mahi Ve was an ok song .

I think in the coming gala he has been praised again as the article says.Then what does ppl want over here?If anybody feels that there are more desrving singers in II ,their votes cannot be stopped.They will get the votes anyways.
mango-frost thumbnail
ok...im just saying...amey's voice, nothing special is baseless...how can ppl think there is NOTHING SPECIAL in his voice!!! he is an ideal idol for the judges and also for many ppl (so are others, but im talkign about amey here) so how can his voice not be special? why wud the judges see him in top 3, top 2?

my posts is onli for the title of this topic...i think itz completely baseless
anonmember thumbnail

You have yourself answered the question by saying that he was not probably at his best.  WE all want amey to give his best shot, there is no excuse for mediocrity.  Antara did not sing a song well and was voted out.  Meenal never sounded bad and was still voted out.  Monali was a very good singer and never goofed up and was still voted out.  Neha was a good performer and was voted out.  when ravi sang well, he was still voted out.  same goes for panna also.  So why is Amey goofing up so much.  Why is he taking everybody for granted.  we are voting for him and rooting for him and what is he doing in return.  not giving us his best.  he has a potential but lacks in kinetics.  We need to see the kinetic  energy since we trust his potential energy.  He has nearly goofed up in three galas and he better show us what he is worth now, cause the votes we are sending him are really very costly.  it can go to somebody who is more deserving.  I am not trying to offend anybody here but this is what is going on.
cheers
pragati

Hi, no one has performed consistently well in the galas. Even Karyuna had an offday when he sang Chak De and received poor comments from all three judges. But he had a sore throat and told that to the judges, so its okay. Meenal didn't perform well in the first gala with Ishq Samandar, her performance was low on enegry. Amey picked a song not suitable for his range with Rang De Basanti. It happens, no one is perfect.

I agree, we need to see some kinetic energy from everyone on II2. Instead of daily riyaaz, they should be taking Physics classes. Enough of potential energy, we need some kinetic energy. 😊
mango-frost thumbnail
ok...can we stop !!!!!!!!! enuff is enuff 😭