India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

Comparison between SS and....

blyton IF-Rockerz
blyton
blyton

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 11:22am | IP Logged

I was thinking the other day, about how everyone says that SS's clingy behaviour is irritating but one can't really blame her, because she has been through heartbreak once.....

Well, it struck me that SS, in terms of SITUATION, bears a strong resemblance to.....Preity Zinta!

In fact, i was briefly acquainted with Preity in my childhood. Our fathers were coursemates in the Army, and in 1987, they were posted in Jabalpur Cantt. I was 5 then and Preity was around 11-12. She was at boarding-school in Shimla; i have dim memories of her when she came home for the holidays. All i remember is that she was very bindaas even back then, and i was quite fascinated by her.

Later we lost touch, and then we heard of her father's untimely death in an accident. When next we saw her, it was on screen in "Dil Se"!

Anyway, i have relaised that Preity and SS have gone through the same experiences in many respects. Both are from Defence backgrounds (SS's father was in the Navy); both lost their fathers at an early age (Preity must have been around 13 or 14; and she was VERY close to her dad)......and both were ditched by their boyfriends.

Some years ago, Preity was going around with model-turned-flop actor Marc Robinson who ditched her for fellow model Waluscha D'Souza. Now Waluscha is pretty but that's about it; i can't see what Marc saw in her that made him leave preity for her. The two are apparently happily married now. SS was also ditched by Arjun Punj for Gurdeep Kohli.

But but but--the resemblance ends there. Coz unlike SS, preity DID not go to town raising a hue and cry about her heartbreak; nor does she cling and screech about Ness wadia. Ness is very good-looking (and gora-chitta like AA) and is rolling in money--that makes him one of THE most eligible bachelors of Mumbai. Since he belongs to the Gladrags family, he must be rubbing shoulders with gorgeous models and stylish socialites everyday. Yet Preity is far from insecure.

In fact, Preity has less security than SS--SandA are married and it is not so easy to break up a marriage. And AA is decent--he may be attracted to Mona and lose no opportunity to chipkofy to her but he has never never crossed his limits. Preity is not even married to Ness; and it will be an inter-religious match if it does happen( the Wadias are Parsi).

So you see: similar situations, but very different reactions. All of which leads me to conclude that it is not what happens to you per se, but how you respond to it, that shows what kind of person you are. Preity has shown she is made of strong stuff. It is time SS also pulled her act together.

Ambrosia IF-Sizzlerz
Ambrosia
Ambrosia

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 11:31am | IP Logged
I am confused what to say
Tomiko IF-Sizzlerz
Tomiko
Tomiko

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 12:14pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Apurva

I am confused what to say

lol..me too!

well..i guess...wow!!!

that was a great comparison and it shows you've put a lot of thought in to itTongue...

i guess maybe SS doesn't want to lose Apurva...but the way she acts is a bit over the top...

priyaaa IF-Dazzler
priyaaa
priyaaa

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 12:20pm | IP Logged
Big smile
pyaari_puja IF-Sizzlerz
pyaari_puja
pyaari_puja

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 12:44pm | IP Logged
wow dont noe wat 2 say
jasmin IF-Rockerz
jasmin
jasmin

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 1:25pm | IP Logged
cool story, I didn't know you had that connection...apparently a lot of people went to her boarding school or knew her from a distance...all we can say is that destiny controls success and love, but we control our actions... Big smile
tina59 IF-Rockerz
tina59
tina59

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 1:29pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by jasmin

cool story, I didn't know you had that connection...apparently a lot of people went to her boarding school or knew her from a distance...all we can say is that destiny controls success and love, but we control our actions... Big smile

exactly.......i mean u would know atleast how to conduct urselves in public esp when u r  a celebrity .I mean i have never seen any celebrity behaving like that in any of the videos i have seen till now

momogrl21 IF-Rockerz
momogrl21
momogrl21

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 4:48pm | IP Logged
Confused just dunno wat to say like the others

Go to top