•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago
Crossover episodes prove to be serial thrillers
Innovation is the name of game. At least for the Indian television industry, which is pulling out all the stops to grab eye balls and garner high TRPs. Of late, crossover episodes and cross-promotions seem to be the flavour of the season. Tulsi (Smriti Irani) and Parvati (Sakshi Tanwar) appearing on KBC and Des Mein Nikla Hoga Chand's one-and-half-hour merger with Kasauti Zindagi Kay to celebrate their one-year run, has proved that cross episodes are a win-win situation for all.
"If it's done tastefully and in a rational manner, it helps a channel. Plus the audience loves to watch fresh stuff," says Ajay Vidyasagar, senior vice president, marketing, Star India. Stars from Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi and Kahin To Hoga also shook a leg in the Sony show Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai.

Star India has company. Recently Jassi (Mona Singh) with friend Nandu tried her luck in Deal Ya No Deal (DYND) and put in a cameo in Indian Idol. Abhay (Anuj Saxena) and Kkusum (Mansi Joshi Roy) followed suit on DYND. While Fame Gurukul participants appeared on MTV, aapka Abhijeet Sawant featured on Fame Gurukul. Zee and Sahara One did their bit too. In 2004, Reth and Astitva shared air-time together, while Sahara promoted Kittu Sab Janti Hai through Woh Rehane Waali Mahelon Ki.

"It creates curiosity among viewers and makes for interesting viewing. But overuse can kill its charm," affirms Ashish Kaul, vice president, corporate brand development, Zee TV. Experts agree that crossover programming helps channels gain additional TRPs

I know jassi and nandu came to Deal ya no Deal but  cameo in Indian idol.when did it happen???
thanks.. 😛 i don't remember ii either 😕 yeh kabhh hua?!

Originally posted by priyaaa

thanks.. 😛 i don't remember ii either 😕 yeh kabhh hua?!

Kaise hua?

Kyon hua?????