Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

morsal_cute

Goldie

morsal_cute

Posted: 07 December 2011 at 6:33pm | IP Logged

Court asks police to book Vidya Balan for obscenity

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 | 11:22:20 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 0 Comments

Hyderabad, Dec 7 Controversies continue to dog ''The Dirty Picture'' with a city court directing police to book actress Vidya Balan for posing for indecent photographs on the film posters and promos.

Hyderabad, Dec 7 (IANS) Controversies continue to dog 'The Dirty Picture' with a city court directing police to book actress Vidya Balan for posing for indecent photographs on the film posters and promos.

Nampally criminal courts ordered the Nallakunta police station in the city to book a criminal case against the Bollywood star.

The court passed the orders on a petition filed by an advocate S. K. Azad.

The judge asked police to book the actress under relevant sections of Indian Penal Code and also under Indecent Representation of Women (Prohibition) Act, 1986.

Police was also asked to take action against public display of posters and promotional advertisements of the controversial movie.

The petitioner said the posters and hoardings of the film were spoiling the minds of the people and causing harm to the society.

Produced by Balaji Telefilms, starring Vidya, Naseeruddin Shah, Emraan Hashmi and Tusshar Kapoor, the film was released all over the country Friday.

There have been protests by anti-obscenity activists in parts of Hyderabad and other towns in the state during last two days.

The film before its release had landed into trouble when former south Indian actress Silk Smitha's brother V. Naga Varaprasad Rao moved the Andhra Pradesh High Court, objecting to the way her late sister was portrayed in the film.

The court Dec 1 refused to stop the film's release after the filmmaker denied that it is based on Silk Smitha's life.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Court asks police to book Vidya Balan for obscenit" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

IHeartDeepika.

IF-Rockerz

IHeartDeepika.

Posted: 07 December 2011 at 6:53pm | IP Logged
Kya yaar...Wasn't it a soft p**n movie, what did they expect?SillyWhy did the filmmaker deny it being a biopic of Silk Smitha? Ermm

smarie

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 07 December 2011 at 7:58pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

fly2me

IF-Sizzlerz

fly2me

Posted: 07 December 2011 at 8:18pm | IP Logged
WHAT THE F! Simply ridiculous. NOW that the movie is doing so well all these nonsense start. Too stupid.

TintinleMechant

IF-Dazzler

TintinleMechant

Posted: 07 December 2011 at 8:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by IHeartDeepika

Kya yaar...Wasn't it a soft p**n movie, what did they expect?SillyWhy did the filmmaker deny it being a biopic of Silk Smitha? Ermm

It wasn't a softpo*n movie. it was a movie about a softpo*n actress. I think the denial was just to say that all the events of the film wern't 100% in relation to Smitha's life, and was instead a general commentary about woman in the film industry in the 80's, especially the soft-po*n industry.

Aside from that. W*F is this? Seriously? The court tries to get Vidya for acting in a role about a soft po*n actress but just sits around and doesn't say a word when a thousand other films are released with actresses jumping around in bikini's and mini skirts looking half naked when their role has nothing related to it. 

To top it of their trying to get her by accusing her of indecently portraying WOMAN? Are they serious. Do they even understand that the movie was making a commentary on exactly that.

Our censorship is so misguided. Our views on woman are so skewed. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

abhishahIHeartDeepika.KhatamKahani

desigal90

IF-Stunnerz

desigal90

Posted: 07 December 2011 at 8:25pm | IP Logged
Are you kiddin me?
The censorboard passed the film, that should be enough legality right there.

They need to keep their morality separate from cinema.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

KhatamKahani

.Mandy.

Channel Moderator

.Mandy.

Posted: 07 December 2011 at 8:36pm | IP Logged
Seriously don't they have anything better to do with their time??? Ridiculous!!

sweet_angel27

IF-Dazzler

sweet_angel27

Posted: 07 December 2011 at 8:36pm | IP Logged
 I read Nampally, and I was like what, this better not be from hyderabad lol. Hydro's would do something like this lol LOL And no offense to anyone, cause I'm hydro my self lol.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top