Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

India-Forums

Go on Moderators! Ban Everyone! (Page 14)

SholaJoBhadkey IF-Dazzler
SholaJoBhadkey
SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 12:12pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by adwarakanath

Originally posted by serialbuff

"Sarcasm as a way of posting is fine, within limits. In a public forum, we cater to a whole community and not a select few members. You cannot hurt or attack members and be sarcastic to anyone. Everyone is here because they want to come here. They dont come here to get bashed or attacked or insulted."

So, is it ok to call your compatriot a terrorist? Debojit was called a terrorist by mohinis. Anishka said - he isn't even a *full* "Indian". In exactly those words. One of them said Assam is in China. How come you people never noticed that? Or to say "nari ho nari ki taraah raho" (you are a woman, behave like one)? That's the height of arrogance. Who said that serialbuffji?Angry If no, then I would like to know what actions have been taken against the member who wrote this about me, and believe me it wasn't a joke.

Also, I have noticed people logging with real profane names. How is that acceptable? It hurts my sensibilities to read a username that contains a profanity. Why should I be subjected to it? Why isn't it refused at the onset?

I have read more profanities and vile stuff on this forum than anywhere else in my life (and I do read a lot). Suffice to say, the majority wasn't in Abhilash's post; it was all over the forum, in several other people's post. Yet, he gets the short end of the stick.

I suggest more transparency. If you can have that very essential piece of info next to Abhilash's name, then you can very well show the warning meter of every member who breaks the rules. That way everyone will know who's being reprimanded, and no doubts will be cast on the moderators' sense of fairness. I second that.

Thanks a LOT, serialbuffji! Thumbs Up

You are welcome, but I must tell everyone that not just Debojit, even I was called a terrorist, and the same person's next response was about behaving like a woman.

The mods keep saying PM us. My point is - as a teacher when I am proctoring an exam or even when I am teaching in the class, I keep an eye on everything that is going on around me. It's my job to see that no one does anything wrong. I don't wait for students to complain about other students. I know it's not as simple as managing a classroom of 35 adults, but  we need to find solutions. When we proctor a larger number, we increase the number of proctors. Why not have a system where someone is keeping an eye round the clock, by rotation? I am not a computer whiz, but I am sure it can be done. Personally, I wouldn't go running to a mod, if I were insulted or abused - I left class 3, twenty five years ago!!!

greatmaratha IF-Sizzlerz
greatmaratha
greatmaratha

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 12:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by simplyskud

Fine Bhaskar. I get that. Anyway I still feel you could have closed the threads instead of deleting them.

All said and done, like I said earlier, let's put an end to this controversy. Abhi's defamatory siggy goes off right now and we will bury the hatchet ....

I also hope, the mod who created this entire confusion comes up with an apology as well ...

Thank god that you are now beginning to see what we have been trying to say for so long.

No one created any confusion here.  We are trying to solve matters.  Lets find solutions, not problems.

Let the soothing music take over and lets just forget the clashes happening now.Big smile  Please this is a request from all of us here in the Dev Team.

seema_17 IF-Rockerz
seema_17
seema_17

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 12:13pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by s.priya

Tongue   Did you see Australia with their run fest of 434 and then being outdone by South Africa Tongue Tongue Tongue   Maybe it is a day for centruies to be made and records to be broken.

Which one is going to be broken today, I wonder Wink

priya i think pretty soon we r gonna create a record for the most members leaving in one day here Tongue

musicpulse Senior Member
musicpulse
musicpulse

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 12:15pm | IP Logged
Stop this I said this...you said this...and lets move on..what say Abhi?

Common give us a good post....dying to hear from you Wink
greatmaratha IF-Sizzlerz
greatmaratha
greatmaratha

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 12:16pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by adwarakanath

"Sarcasm as a way of posting is fine, within limits. In a public forum, we cater to a whole community and not a select few members. You cannot hurt or attack members and be sarcastic to anyone. Everyone is here because they want to come here. They dont come here to get bashed or attacked or insulted."

So, is it ok to call your compatriot a terrorist? Debojit was called a terrorist by mohinis. Anishka said - he isn't even a *full* "Indian". In exactly those words. One of them said Assam is in China. How come you people never noticed that? Or to say "nari ho nari ki taraah raho" (you are a woman, behave like one)? That's the height of arrogance. Who said that serialbuffji?Angry If no, then I would like to know what actions have been taken against the member who wrote this about me, and believe me it wasn't a joke.

Also, I have noticed people logging with real profane names. How is that acceptable? It hurts my sensibilities to read a username that contains a profanity. Why should I be subjected to it? Why isn't it refused at the onset?

I have read more profanities and vile stuff on this forum than anywhere else in my life (and I do read a lot). Suffice to say, the majority wasn't in Abhilash's post; it was all over the forum, in several other people's post. Yet, he gets the short end of the stick.

I suggest more transparency. If you can have that very essential piece of info next to Abhilash's name, then you can very well show the warning meter of every member who breaks the rules. That way everyone will know who's being reprimanded, and no doubts will be cast on the moderators' sense of fairness. I second that.

Thanks a LOT, serialbuffji! Thumbs Up

You are welcome, but I must tell everyone that not just Debojit, even I was called a terrorist, and the same person's next response was about behaving like a woman.

The mods keep saying PM us. My point is - as a teacher when I am proctoring an exam or even when I am teaching in the class, I keep an eye on everything that is going on around me. It's my job to see that no one does anything wrong. I don't wait for students to complain about other students. I know it's not as simple as managing a classroom of 35 adults, but  we need to find solutions. When we proctor a larger number, we increase the number of proctors. Why not have a system where someone is keeping an eye round the clock, by rotation? I am not a computer whiz, but I am sure it can be done. Personally, I wouldn't go running to a mod, if I were insulted or abused - I left class 3, twenty five years ago!!!

Very well put.  We also agree with you.  If members can sort out problems themselves, then we can also have some fun here on the forum.  But the problems start whem members start clashes with each other instead of sorting out problems.

We welcome your suggestion and in fact would request that if each one of you practiced moderation, the  section would just be so fantastic. 

If you see a post which is wrong, without attacking the person making the post, reply politely, telling the person if the person is wrong. 

If you see bad words being used, please remind them about the IF CoC.

But remember, this is just for those things which you keep emphasizing.  It is for profanities, it is when members bash other members or contestants.

If you think you cannot do it, then you are any time welcome to pm the Mods.  We are here to help you anytime.
Bhaskar.T IF-Sizzlerz
Bhaskar.T
Bhaskar.T

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 12:18pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by s.priya

Tongue   Did you see Australia with their run fest of 434 and then being outdone by South Africa Tongue Tongue Tongue   Maybe it is a day for centruies to be made and records to be broken.

Which one is going to be broken today, I wonder Wink

And I missed the game....... Cry

simplyskud Goldie
simplyskud
simplyskud

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 12:19pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by simplyskud

Seriously put, priya and bhaskar ... you two are doing a pretty decent job. However I would advise you both to do a little introspection on the forums and why is it going downhill since the last month or so (I'm not talking about revenues here but the quality of the forum) ?

In this regard, it would be helpful to even have some mods who could be elected from the forum members and not appointed. You may disagree with me, but mods do tend to ignore stuff at times when they shouldn't and also go overboard in their handling when they shouldn't either. Infact if you take a poll in the forum as to whether the mods are biased or not, the results may speak for themselves and bias is the case of authority is a contemptible way of curbing liberty ....

My honest take on the forum happenings.

Wink Wink Wink

Can I have a response to this post of mine ?

Priya, I was never blind and I still hold the same viewpoint. I appreciate the concerns of you and Bhaskar.

And, I haven't called truce yet ... you need to get off Abhi's filthy tag right now before the truce is called.

simplyskud Goldie
simplyskud
simplyskud

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
And I still stick by the viewpoint that none of the threads demanded a trashing ... closure would have been just fine (if the members did request one) ...

Wink

Go to top