Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

India-Forums

Go on Moderators! Ban Everyone! (Page 12)

Bhaskar.T IF-Sizzlerz
Bhaskar.T
Bhaskar.T

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 11:42am | IP Logged

Originally posted by seema_17

Priya now that u r here, i would request u to plzz take some time out and check out the posts made by mohinis. i am not attacking her mind u, but her posts have been getting out of hand for the past few days.

Send us the links. We'll surely look into that too.

seema_17 IF-Rockerz
seema_17
seema_17

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 11:43am | IP Logged
thanks bhaskar Smile
greatmaratha IF-Sizzlerz
greatmaratha
greatmaratha

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 11:44am | IP Logged
Please do send us the Links. We will definitely look into all of them.

Please pm them to Bhaskar and me.
SholaJoBhadkey IF-Dazzler
SholaJoBhadkey
SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 11:46am | IP Logged
"Sarcasm as a way of posting is fine, within limits. In a public forum, we cater to a whole community and not a select few members. You cannot hurt or attack members and be sarcastic to anyone. Everyone is here because they want to come here. They dont come here to get bashed or attacked or insulted."

So, is it ok to call your compatriot a terrorist? Or to say "nari ho nari ki taraah raho" (you are a woman, behave like one)? If no, then I would like to know what actions have been taken against the member who wrote this about me, and believe me it wasn't a joke.

Also, I have noticed people logging with real profane names. How is that acceptable? It hurts my sensibilities to read a username that contains a profanity. Why should I be subjected to it? Why isn't it refused at the onset?

I have read more profanities and vile stuff on this forum than anywhere else in my life (and I do read a lot). Suffice to say, the majority wasn't in Abhilash's post; it was all over the forum, in several other people's post. Yet, he gets the short end of the stick.

I suggest more transparency. If you can have that very essential piece of info next to Abhilash's name, then you can very well show the warning meter of every member who breaks the rules. That way everyone will know who's being reprimanded, and no doubts will be cast on the moderators' sense of fairness.

simplyskud Goldie
simplyskud
simplyskud

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 11:51am | IP Logged
I just now went through the entire thread started by abhi (his goodbye thread). I hardly found much offensive content there that it was deemed to trash the topic ....

Same with Appaji's thread. Nothing offensive. It was just a fruitful discussion where the members wanted some answers from the moderators ... don't know why it was necessary to trash this either ....

Anyway, all said and done, am sorry on all members who have raised issues/concerns with both of you. Also for Abhi's remarks. Now please do away with his vile signature at the earliest (right now I mean) and we promise to rock the forum once again. Deal ?

Qwest IF-Rockerz
Qwest
Qwest

Banned for Advertising

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 11:52am | IP Logged

Originally posted by s.priya

Thanks Ad. I am not going to quote you word by word, save and except to say the following

If anyone here sees any post where anyone is called a bad word, please pm a Mod who is online. Action will be taken.

The words were not intended as an insult or anything. Please do not read more into it than required.

Message to all. If any of you spot a post where profanity is used, please report the post and pm a Mod who is online.

We all will do and I have done it before nothing happened.

Priya,

Hope you will take my suggestion that I have to mention to you last night on my PM hope you will consider it.

n      Banned member and reason for banned.

Love ARR

Edited by Qwest - 12 March 2006 at 11:53am
simtara IF-Rockerz
simtara
simtara

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 11:55am | IP Logged
Clap for Serialbuff. I've been reading through the pages of this thread, sitting here incredulously and unable to fathom how it could have gotten so far. I like your suggestion Serialbuff.

Mods, this isn't attack on the two of you. Far from it...from what I've seen Bhaskar and Priyaji, you have been relatively fair and just in your actions.

However, as discussed earlier, there are some serious management issues for this section in particular. I'm not going into this again. We've already discussed it in one of Abhi's earlier posts.

By the way...the members we are all so anxious to see blocked because of their blatant profanity, treasonous comments, bashing, etc. continue to exist on this forum - despite my having not only repeatedly PMd channel and general mods, but also Sreeji and Vijay. Though I recieved a response from Sreeji, I haven't heard from Vijay. I assume he's busy.

The point is, my PMing you (in general, not you two specifically) has yielded no results. That is partially why I have once again become a mainly silent observer at this section. I feel compelled to write once in a while on behalf of my friends, as well as in defence of my own sensibilities. However, I see myself drifting away from the SRGMP section, and in fact IF quite easily.

Edited by simtara - 12 March 2006 at 11:58am
Bhaskar.T IF-Sizzlerz
Bhaskar.T
Bhaskar.T

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 11:57am | IP Logged

Originally posted by simplyskud

I just now went through the entire thread started by abhi (his goodbye thread). I hardly found much offensive content there that it was deemed to trash the topic ....

Same with Appaji's thread. Nothing offensive. It was just a fruitful discussion where the members wanted some answers from the moderators ... don't know why it was necessary to trash this either ....

Anyway, all said and done, am sorry on all members who have raised issues/concerns with both of you. Also for Abhi's remarks. Now please do away with his vile signature at the earliest (right now I mean) and we promise to rock the forum once again. Deal ?

Okay enough is enough. Now I am posting the PM's. First Appa's one. As I found this first...

-- Previous Private Message --
Sent by : apparaohoare
Sent : 11 March 2006 at 3:04pm

Thanks Bhaskar for your answer.  I really appreciate that.  Please close and delete my thread.  I was called a son of a bitch, F*****G AHOLE, and many other things earlier, and I reported those threads too, but none of the members got banned for that. Dead  Abhi is very valuable in this forum, and I don't want to see him go.  He gets carried away sometimes, I agree, but he is only 18.  Its natural. 

Thanks again for replying and please delete my thread. 

Go to top