Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

India-Forums

Go on Moderators! Ban Everyone! (Page 11)

seema_17 IF-Rockerz
seema_17
seema_17

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 11:29am | IP Logged

Originally posted by simplyskud

Seema, I have nothing against anyone. I have a strong affinity for most of the people on the forum and that's why I come here.

I had to raise/voice the concerns because some acts just doesn't seem proper. I don't have personal issues against anyone. I guess it's all about the tip-off point. Once certain actions cross the tip-off limit, your patience and faith in the system goes for a toss ... that's where the case is at my end.

Bhai i understand that, and we shld all stand up. but we r getting up against the wrong person here. Priya or Bhaskar were not the mods who banned abhi or any of that stuff. i did just ask the members to stay calm i asked the mods too.... guys we need to work together here if we need a permanent solution to the problem. so that in the future such things can be avoided not just with us but other members too..... i think all of us agree that this section was a lot of fun before a few days. then what we need to do now is think of ways to get it back on track

simplyskud Goldie
simplyskud
simplyskud

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 11:30am | IP Logged
Calling someone ga* or bas**** or As***** is bad. But equally bad where someone curses India or makes a rude remark about our motherland ? Isn't it ?

Or you think personal interests should be always higher than national interests ??

Unfortunately, people have escaped even after making crude remarks about our motherland ....

But the axe falls on people who make a response to these so called "creeps" ....

The process is weird ... Isn't it ??
chatbuster IF-Rockerz
chatbuster
chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 11:31am | IP Logged
"Sarcasm as a way of posting is fine, within limits. In a public forum, we cater to a whole community and not a select few members. You cannot hurt or attack members and be sarcastic to anyone. Everyone is here because they want to come here. They dont come here to get bashed or attacked or insulted."

problem:

- contradictions?
- we are back to this now? we have master's in Lit and Psychology to understand how something has been written and whether it shld hurt someone or not?
- i thought it was abuses and "hate" issues like race, gender, ethnicity, nationality, religion..

- yaar, comedians occasionally slip up with humor and saracsm that they use, if they keep getting warnings every time, they'd be run out immediately

- most forums require you to sign that you are of certain age=> shows maturity of mind and expression;

- for the person on the other side of the argument here, i know from personal tit-for-tat that her basic understanding of grammar and vocab is so limited that it will be bound to create misunderstandings. eg. she's never heard of the word "BLEAK".
- to get down to this person's level means having a forum devoid of anything sensible (my opinion of course), so is that what we want.

solution

- keep it simple to the abuses and "hate" issues
- make it clear to everyone
- implement consistently and fairly for evryone
- separate section for folks who have very fragile personalities;

my quik 2-cents. have to run now
greatmaratha IF-Sizzlerz
greatmaratha
greatmaratha

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 11:37am | IP Logged
Thanks Ad. I am not going to quote you word by word, save and except to say the following

If anyone here sees any post where anyone is called a bad word, please pm a Mod who is online. Action will be taken.

The words were not intended as an insult or anything. Please do not read more into it than required.

Message to all. If any of you spot a post where profanity is used, please report the post and pm a Mod who is online.
greatmaratha IF-Sizzlerz
greatmaratha
greatmaratha

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 11:38am | IP Logged

Calling someone ga* or bas**** or As***** is bad. But equally bad where someone curses India or makes a rude remark about our motherland ? Isn't it ?

Or you think personal interests should be always higher than national interests ??

Unfortunately, people have escaped even after making crude remarks about our motherland ....

But the axe falls on people who make a response to these so called "creeps" ....

Please give us the posts or the names of the posts.  Actions will be taken.

Agreed, no one can insult teh motherland.  We dont tolerate it either.

No one has escaped yet. 
seema_17 IF-Rockerz
seema_17
seema_17

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 11:39am | IP Logged

Originally posted by s.priya

Originally posted by seema_17

Priya, i kno in times of crisis all of u mods stand up for each other but why shld u have to face the fire for the deeds of some other mod, let that person come up here and answer to all our queries, we all have something to ask of him/her. it is only fair to u guys and us members if thatmod can come here. i think atleast we r entitled to that r we not?

As you rightly said, we are a team and we stand up together as a team.  But our team is not just the Development Team.  At India Forums, we beleive that you, AD, Qwest, skud, seema, and everyone else who is on this post and who is a member of this forum are a TEAM.  Thats how big or small our team is.

What is your query.  Why was AD banned.  We have posted it here.  Use of profanity.

Why the Tag.  Becos that is our standard procedure.   If a member is banned and then unbanned, we leave a tag for all our Development Team members, so that they know that appropriate action has been taken. 

Priya, i think one thing is common between all of u gathered here at this thread except for mods, and that is we want answers but answers from the mod in question. if u do something and believe u did right, then stand up for it. Btw this was for that mod. Priya i reall respect u and bhaskar and i think it is wrong that u have to answer for someone else's actions thats all. are not entitled to even a chat with the person that disrupted our IF life so completely??

Bhaskar.T IF-Sizzlerz
Bhaskar.T
Bhaskar.T

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 11:40am | IP Logged

The best way out from such a situation is to contact a Mod or GM who is online then and ask them to take action. Instead of taking the stick in your own hands.

seema_17 IF-Rockerz
seema_17
seema_17

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 11:41am | IP Logged
Priya now that u r here, i would request u to plzz take some time out and check out the posts made by mohinis. i am not attacking her mind u, but her posts have been getting out of hand for the past few days.

Go to top