CuteFairy91
CuteFairy91

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 2:40am | IP Logged
Faisalabad

Language : Urdu and Punjabi
Phone Code : 041
Activities/Interests : Textile Industry
Best Time to Visit : March April

Faisalabad is an industrial city of Pakistan, Situated 225-miles (360 kilometers) south of the capital Islamabad. The district lies from 30-35 to 31-47 north Latitudes and 72-73 to 73-40 east longitudes. Gujranwala And Sheikhupura districts bound it in the north. In the East by Sheikhupura and sahiwal districts. In the south By Sahiwal and Toba tek singh districts and jhang.

District is to its west. The city covers an area of 5,856 Square kilometers. The city is linked to m-2 motorway (Islamabad-Lahore motorway) with m-3 motorway section (Pindi-Bhattian-Faisalabad motorway).

HISTORY

During the last decade of nineteenth century, a Massive desert lying between chanab and ravi rivers was Brought under plough. With the construction of the lower Chanab canal, it became possible to irrigate this Waterless wasteland. In 1892, the colonization Operations were started by the administration of Jhang District, punjab province and completed in 1898. Early 1904 a new district was formed by the name of Lyallpur With its headquarter at Lyallpur (now Faisalabad) a town Named after sir james lyall, lieutenant Governor of the Punjab. On september 1, 1977, lyallpur was renamed as Faisalabad after king faisal of saudi arabia in Recognition of his outstanding services to Pakistan. Today, Faisalabad is the third largest city of pakistan After karachi and lahore. It is the second revenue- Generating city of the Punjab province and is calleo as Manchester of Pakistan because of its predominance in The textile industry.

Education

Faisalabad has the distinction of being a seat of world famous Agricultural University and equally re-nowned Agricultural Ayub Research Institute beside the Punjab Medical College there are several other colleges like Commerce college, Textile College, Superior Science College, Poly Technical College etc.

DRY PORT ACTIVITIES

Fisalabad has established a dry port, which Presently handles over 60 metric tons of cargo per day. The port has its own road and railroad links with Lahore, Islamabad, Peshawar and Karachi. The export Cargo at Faisalabad dry port is increasing every year. According to the Faisalabad dry port trust (fdpt), it Handled l7,468 export cargo containers, worth rs. 28,500 Million ouring the first 10 month of the current Calendar year (pfy-1999). Fopt provided lucrative Incentives to the exporters of faisalabad and offered Certain concessions in fdpt tariff to the importers. It Handled 1,847 import cargo containers during the same Period, worth rs. 1,500 million Faisalabad.

CULTURE

Literature: nusrat fateh ali khan, the famous singer And musician born in this city; afzal cheema, the former Chief justice of Lahore high court also belong to this City.

Art: the famous clock tower of faisalabad has 8 Streets leading from it and was designed in a pattern so As to form union jack.

Cinemas: Faisalabad district has twenty-four cinemas, With a total seating capacity of 16,688. It provides an Entertainment towards its residents by showing urdu, Punjabi and english movies.

http://www.pakwatan.com/main/tourism/city_detail.php3?ID=36

Me_Anonymous IF-Sizzlerz
Me_Anonymous
Me_Anonymous

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 2:52am | IP Logged
cool thanx for sharing
~LiL*PrInCeZ~ IF-Sizzlerz
~LiL*PrInCeZ~
~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 6:43am | IP Logged
yaaay a new city...thannx amna
§IMP£¥ §TÙÑNÏÑG Goldie
§IMP£¥ §TÙÑNÏÑG
§IMP£¥ §TÙÑNÏÑG

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 11:31am | IP Logged
:) How can i not drop in something when it comes to the city i was born in Big smile Cheeers every1 for my city Wink
Mashal Goldie
Mashal
Mashal

Posted: 14 March 2006 at 8:06pm | IP Logged
wow Gauheris bolonging frm this city................... Big smile
Me_Anonymous IF-Sizzlerz
Me_Anonymous
Me_Anonymous

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 1:32am | IP Logged

Originally posted by IMP TNG

:) How can i not drop in something when it comes to the city i was born in Big smile Cheeers every1 for my city Wink

i thgout u were born in Lahore, do u live in Faisalabad now or Lahore?Tongue

sibga Groupbie
sibga
sibga

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 3:27am | IP Logged
Wao cool that my sity ... Smile means im from FAISALABAD ... and have done my studies from Faisalabad university of agricultural school ... and then further studies from Faisalabad university of Agricultural Smile .
So now u all know tha Sibga is from Faisalabad City Smile ..
Well thanks for shairing history of my city... and pictures ... I have the latest picture of university can post if u wana see how is look like now ?? let me know if u want.
Thanks once again CuteFairy91..
pink_panther Senior Member
pink_panther
pink_panther

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 6:39pm | IP Logged
yeh all the way! my home city Wink

Go to top