manish

Mishubaa IF-Rockerz
Mishubaa
Mishubaa

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 2:10am | IP Logged

Bollywood calling

Tilak wants to quit TV, to act in films

Subhash K Jha

Many TV actors before him, including Amarr Upadhyay and Parmeet Sethi, have failed. Will Manish Goel who shot to renewed fame with his appearance on Nach Baliye, make the grade?

"I'm ready to make the leap from television to cinema. I'm aware that other TV stars have fallen flat on their faces in the film industry. But I'm ready to take the risk. This is the year that will decide my fate, once and for all," says Manish.

Manish  plans to cut himself off from television after his current serial is  over. "The afternoon soap Bhabhi has  made me  a  household name," he says. "I'm known more by my character's name, Tilak, than my own name. I realise that going back to being Manish from Tilak in the public mind won't be easy.  After Bhabhi is done, I plan to take a long break, change   my  look  completely and then come back to work in films."

Will Manish succeed where  his colleagues have repeatedly failed? "I don't know. I'm praying that I can prove  the cynics wrong," he replies. "Nach Baliye has given  me renewed self-confidence. I wonder if I can use that confidence to go to another level in my career. I guess there's nothing more I can do on television. I don't want to stagnate. The decision will have to be made this year. I'm 30 years old, so my film career either starts now… or never."

Vandu4ever IF-Stunnerz
Vandu4ever
Vandu4ever

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 3:06am | IP Logged
thanks a lot Big smile Big smile

Innocent angel Goldie
Innocent angel
Innocent angel

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 1:46am | IP Logged
thanx a lot Smile
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top