Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

The Multi-faceted Khushi

Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
Khushi the impatient:

Khushi did it again - open her mouth too soon and shut Arnav's. As it is the guy hardly opens his mouth and that too to acknowledge his mistake and apologise for it. Just as he was about to tell Payal what he thought of Khushi, she had to butt in and spoil the moment.  The tortoise which had slowly come out of the shell to display itself quickly withdrew back into the shell. Now there is one more incomplete sentence from the man of few words. We'll never know what he really wanted to say. Makes me wonder if she shares my zodiac (the Gemini).  You see Geminians are known to be impatient people.

Khushi the daredevil:

The tyre puncturing scene was hilarious (though silly). Must hand it to this girl. Imagine trying to tickle the lion (Oh yes, I called him a tortoise just a while ago but he is a tortoise only in realising and acknowledging his love for the precocious girl and of course in apologising for his innumerable mistakes. In all other respects he is the king of the jungle).  I felt this scene was symbolic of how Khushi will always be the one to deflate Arnav's big fat ego. The guy may not like it but will be quite helpless as he was standing there, calling up to get another car.

Khushi the earnest:

If there is one thing which will always endear Khushi to Arnav it is her prompt acknowledgment of her mistakes and her even more prompt sorries. This time she even added a thank you (in fact two thank yous) as bonus.  Not to forget the cute bye (with a wave of her hand) she ended her short but sweet discourse with.   Now how can a man stay angry at such an adorable jackass?  I know I called her a daredevil just a while ago.  What can I do when our leads are a mixture of contrasts?

Khushi  the handyman (or is it handywoman?):

If the girl know how to deflate a tyre, she also knows how to change it. Never mind she cannot correctly pronounce the tools which are used for  it. But first she has to call the attention of all the kiddos in the neighbourhood to the fact that the great Mr.Arnav Singh Raizada only knows how to drive big cars and not how to change tyres.  Mr.Business Tycoon, I think you should learn a thing or two from your jalebi bai. She may be a crazy girl but she is also one hell of a useful girl to have around when your sugar levels or the air in your tyre (oops your car tyre) goes down. In case you scare her off with your oh-so-irrational blasts and she is not around to help you, you need to be able to help yourself, don't you? While you are at it, also learn her Hinglish.  "Paana" does not only mean "to get" but can also refer to the instrument used to loosen nuts, (not yours, I hope) although I suspect yours are already loose ever since KKG entered your life and turned it upside down.

Khushi  the mischievous:

After the tyre was changed  and Devi Maiyya was beckoned by her faithful disciple to ensure that the tyre stays on road for long so that our tycoon can reach home
safely, our KKG couldn't resist pulling Arnie's leg one last time.  It isn't often that she gets her man in such a good mood.  He refrained from chewing her head, didn't he? That too after her daredevil act of deflating his tyre. So as a prize for being such a good boy she gifts him a tongue-in-cheek comment that she wanted to apologise to him for deflating his tyre but will not do so. Did you say 'Poor Arnie'? I guess you spoke too soon.  The guy knows how to pay her back in the same coin. He calls out to her and tells her how he wanted to thank her but will not.  Poor KKG, the joke was on her! No wonder her jaw fell to her knees. Oh well, I am exaggerating but you get the picture, don't you?     
Edited by Opti - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

smitar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
She is full of sugar and spice, and Arnav Bitwaa is addicted to her.Can't live with her, can't live without her. Withdrawal symptoms are the very devil, you know!😉
sbk2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Opti...nicely put 😃

Yes, I too cringed when she interrupted his conversation with Payal. What was the need to butt in?!
She does that often with Arnav. 
I liked the tortoise analogy you used for Arnav...itni difficulty se Arnav came out of his reclusive shell and Khushi jumped the gun and sent him right back in.
I was hoping the Arnav Payal conversation would be longer than it was.
I guess its the creatives wish...I often feel some dialogues seem incomplete - in situations like the aforementioned - they could have said something more or something more meaningful.
Oh well...can't complain, at least we got Arhi together today, without hurting each other!

Although I thought the tire puncturing act was juvenile, I enjoyed the light moments they shared today.
Edited by sbk2 - 12 years ago
-mystique- thumbnail
Is she suffering from MPD?  I would have to nick name her as the 'United States of Khushi' (Ref: Tara)! 😆

As always, that was excellente!!!

Something I read a while back... Joke!
Welcome to the Psychological Clinic.
If you have an obsessive-compulsive disorder, please press 1, as many times as you like.
If you are co-dependent, please ask someone to press 2 for you.
If you have multiple personality disorder, please press 3, 4, 5, and 6.
If you are paranoid or delusional, we know who you are and what you want. Just stay on the line so we can trace the call.
If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and a little voice will tell you which number to press.
If you are depressed, it doesn't really matter which number you press. Probably no one will answer anyway.

Edited by -mystique- - 12 years ago
arnshi thumbnail
nice post opti. 😊
Isnt she i just so adorable with all her silly antics and stuff??...I  never get annoyed to her actions infact always enjoyed them.
It is mostly khushi's childish behavior  that has been able to bring arnav out of ASR shell.
khushi is one of her kind...and a perfect match for arnie.

Edited by arnshi - 12 years ago
bikerider thumbnail
opti haha tortoise, lione , daredevil and jackass. 👏
yeah they are everything and much more .

thats what make IPK watching a treat 😳
lovely thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
When I saw Khushi interrupting and Arnav doing a hasty retreat.. tortoise was the word that came to my mind. he is back in his shell..just like the touch me not plant.. he was trying to open up but clamped back up again.

.Sad.But.True. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Interesting and well written post ..Enjoyed reading it.
mpks1 thumbnail
Opti, liked your post. I have to with you agree on the first one. The guy hardly talks and when he is about to pour his heart out, Khushi had to interrupt, she should have let him speak. Here she has got little bit of Anjali effect  going on  who ends up interrupting her brother whenever he has something important to say. Sometimes its ok for Khusi to let him speak. I hope she realizes that soon.
gilgamesh thumbnail
Thanks for the analogy Opti.

I enjoyed your post far more than the last bit of today's epi which I thought bordered on juvenile...seriously tho, it's good that KKG taught him to say sorry - ASR has been making quite a few amends since then... 😊