Debate Mansion

Medicine-Noble profession or Money Making Business (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

souro

souro

Posted: 07 December 2011 at 12:52pm | IP Logged
I don't think any profession is noble or anything. It's just a profession, a means to earn money and make a living, period. Now whether someone will use that profession to do something useful or be a menace is entirely upto different individuals.

And honestly, a sample size of 1 is too small a base to pass judgement on an entire profession.

Edited by souro - 07 December 2011 at 12:53pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

TheUltimateBazingaa

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Medicine-Noble profession or Money Making Business (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Omnipotent_Taco

Goldie

Omnipotent_Taco

Posted: 07 December 2011 at 8:30pm | IP Logged
@ OP, sorry about your friend. What happened to him was pretty dastardly, but the truth is that modern medicine is not bereft with corruption and gross misrepresentation of information and Hippocratic ideals.

Modern medicine is far from being noble. If I was an astrophysicist, I'd gladly measure the distance between ethics and Big Pharma/allopathy in terms of light years.

Big Pharma is a multi-billion (putting it lightly) dollar corporate subsidy funded by taxpayers. It's part of the nexus between drug companies, doctors, universities, Government, insurance firms, and what have you. Diseases are created on the fly, and 'cures' are thrust down the throats of the masses in the hopes of them shelling out their hard earned money on such drugs. It's all about making money on medication patents while they exist.

Watch Big Bucks, Big Pharma if you want to have a better understanding of how this nexus works.

As you can see, I'm pretty vitriolic when it comes to this subject LOL. However, that's not to say that there aren't a few good apples in the basket. I just have an issue with the industry as a whole.

edit: in grammar Nazi mode.

Edited by pinkfreud - 08 December 2011 at 1:01am

zorrro

Goldie

zorrro

Posted: 08 December 2011 at 6:18am | IP Logged
^^ where profiteering is concerned it can be applied to any industry. Pharma industry is profit oriented and not really service oriented.

Omnipotent_Taco

Goldie

Omnipotent_Taco

Posted: 08 December 2011 at 8:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by zorrro

^^ where profiteering is concerned it can be applied to any industry. Pharma industry is profit oriented and not really service oriented.

It's more of a concern with the medical professions, because we're talking about toying with people's health here.

zorrro

Goldie

zorrro

Posted: 08 December 2011 at 11:09pm | IP Logged
The private sector or the corporate sector would have bussiness concern. The government needs to concentrate on the public sector of healthcare. The cost of medical treatment is getting  out of reach for the common man. Insurance services are not that good.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top