Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

FINAL WARNING!!!! (Page 5)

anjali.nair IF-Rockerz
anjali.nair
anjali.nair

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 12:58am | IP Logged

Originally posted by srk_lover

anjali i noe u all mite be looking into this matter carefully...but there is styl this 1 thing that i dont see much improvement on

all i see is sum particular threads being locked...but watz the point of that??? more and more baseless threads keep appearing and are being created, that too by the same person

i've tried my level best to help u all, but seems there's no use Ouch but ill keep trying no matter wat

megha!! there are 5 of us and mostly at least one of us is online. it's also possible that all 5 of us go offline at the same time. some things are already taken care of and some things will be taken care soon.

aries_sakshi IF-Rockerz
aries_sakshi
aries_sakshi

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 1:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by arnab_mukherji

Can not comment on what is happenning here but this is a general observation based on other sections experience.

I have seen cases where the mods. are extremely biased and emotionals and it happens when we leave such a responsible job in the hand of kids, by kids i mean people in their teens or just crossing them , who dreams these characteres as their real time heroes and get so emotionally attached that they can remain neutral only in their dreams!!

I think this psychological aspects can not be overruled, it really becomes funny when kidos try to become moral judge. At least we should have someone of an age who can be expected to get out of these personal sentiments and can think neutrally.

Discipilanry decisions left to one individual, will always remain biased. That too in a situation when you have no option of defending yourself and you are not supposed to demand any justification.

The real solution is to form a pannel probably having one representative of each contestant's supporter and suprvised by the mod and let them make a call.

It is very difficult to follow strict norms in a free website, so this is just a suggestion and not a complaint. I am personally happy with whatever I get free of charge from it and have stopped complaining. The updates are more than enough. what more we can ask for?

Arnab! Thanks for ur comments. Panel of mods n viebies are choosen by their performance n r choosen by DEV Team.. pointing fingers on any member means pointing towards DEV Team. All are equal when one is in the forum arean, there is no old n no young. Team Members are also human n they can have their favorites. if u feel, they r not doing their job properly, u can very well pm them.

This is free forum .. we agree.. but one should also follow the forums decoums and have healthy discussions.

anjali.nair IF-Rockerz
anjali.nair
anjali.nair

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 1:14am | IP Logged

Originally posted by ILoveAmey

obviously sometimes when we are warned we understand without explanation what it was for, but if someone is directly requesting to be told and you refuse to do so, that means they are not aware of what they did wrong....and i will also say that i have seen warnings and people being yelled at for things without an attmept being made to find out what the reason is...like an IF Dazzler made a new ID and got yelled at when really the old ID wasnt working...a fan club got a warning for talking about filmfare when really it was because the idols were to perform there...so i mean the warnings are not always justified so if someone requests justification i think its fair to give it 2 them

please don't jump into conclusion without getting all your facts rights. as i had mentioned already in some other posts that this member was given at least few warnings since we started II-2. he apologized each time but then suddenly one fine day again went back to his ways. then we put up a sticky 2 weeks back where we mentioned that from now on there wil be warnings raised without any PM. everyone who posted there agreed to this too. he knows why his warning meter is raised. you might not know. i don't think i need to tell you. also he PMed other two mods and they too gave him the reason. so here you go.

srk_lover (the IF dazzler you mentioned) created a multiple id. she along with many other members have PMed me many times about multiple ids of some newbies and have asked me to take action which i have. they have also posted about it in some previous sticky threads. so was it fair for her to make a multiple id and not tell us mods? she posted that she is megha only after my PM. i never yelled at her or any other member. i simply ask a member when i find a multiple id as it's against IF's rule to create multiple ids. if she told you that i yelled then that's her version and i am not answerable to that. 

Edited by Anjali.Nair - 13 March 2006 at 1:20am
ILoveAmey IF-Dazzler
ILoveAmey
ILoveAmey

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 1:28am | IP Logged
firstly, i didnt ask anyone to tell me why someone else was warned, it doesnt concern me. and secondly, i am basing my information on what i have observed. also, megha has not said anything to me, you are jumping to conclusions in that regard. btw her new ID was called "itz megha"...so its pretty obvious who that might be without PMing anyone. i feel that a lot of !!!! means yelling..i have seen people be told "GROW UP!!!" and "whats your problem!!!", and a lot of sarcasm,etc....i dont think that is called moderating.
lashy IF-Stunnerz
lashy
lashy

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 1:43am | IP Logged
I understand that there have been lots of frustrations flying around, lots of anger and great love for one's idol. However, we must try our best to stay calm and not retort. Some members are a little quick to react while compared to others.

Moderator is just a tag for a member like you with additional responsibilities. I think you must spare one minute to try and understand how it feels to always check on one's wording and writing, how double checks have to be made such that we can not voice our own opinions strongly (even though we may believe in it). we also have our favourites but we try to look past it. we cannot retort even if we are abused or rebuked. We are also humans and as i said members just like you.

Indian idol is extremely busy area and there are members churning up posts every second. by the time we edit something its already in the back page. We would also love to participate in posting and enjoying as everyone else. we have made member of the week and IF contests. However, a lot of time is constantly taken up by trying to edit posts.

now after reading all this, would it not make sense to think that most decisions we make should be because of a reason.

Myself, living.doll and lakshmi all have responsibilities here. However, since anjali is the most active moderator here, she is suffering from rebuke. Please cool down and lets start from scratch on a better foot.

If you have a personal problem please pm us and We will try our best to sort it out. Smile please lets stick together as a section. we can enjoy chatting about the show!

megha i understand what you are conveying Smile . however, we have to follow the three warn rule. we have to warn thrice before banning and so please be a little patient.
anjali.nair IF-Rockerz
anjali.nair
anjali.nair

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 1:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ILoveAmey

firstly, i didnt ask anyone to tell me why someone else was warned, it doesnt concern me. and secondly, i am basing my information on what i have observed. also, megha has not said anything to me, you are jumping to conclusions in that regard. btw her new ID was called "itz megha"...so its pretty obvious who that might be without PMing anyone. i feel that a lot of !!!! means yelling..i have seen people be told "GROW UP!!!" and "whats your problem!!!", and a lot of sarcasm,etc....i dont think that is called moderating.

i think you need to re-read your first post. yes!! you are absing your information on what your friends told not what you saw.
do you think that i should assume it's someone i know from a new multiple id? why should i? isn't the rule be same for all? why then ask mods to warn other newbies or check multipls id cases on other newbies?

so you have seen lots of yelling? was it for nice behavior or offensive one? in my opinion a panel of people choose moderators on some criteria so i don't your view on moderating matters here.
ILoveAmey IF-Dazzler
ILoveAmey
ILoveAmey

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 1:50am | IP Logged
lashforever i completely understand what you are saying and overall the mods r doing an excellent job....but when things get out of hand i just believe a moderator's words and tone should help soothe the problem instead of cause more problems. i think this post u just put is a great example of getting the point across but with a nice,positive, problem solving tone

Edited by ILoveAmey - 13 March 2006 at 1:56am
checks IF-Rockerz
checks
checks

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 1:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by living.doll

I have seen cases where the mods. are extremely biased and emotionals and it happens when we leave such a responsible job in the hand of kids, by kids i mean people in their teens or just crossing them , who dreams these characteres as their real time heroes and get so emotionally attached that they can remain neutral only in their dreams!!

How old r u dude? see, it ur person opnion i dun wanna argue on this matter. everyone has their own views on moderators. as far as this thread is concerned.. i could find any age issue on anjali di's post. it is all about warning. warning for whom? for those who r breaking forum rules.
what kind of forum rules? well, those who r breaking they know it all.

ur talking about kiddos? why? what is wrong with kids? we have many teens and sweet kids who have been handling different section perfectly. no one complained before except u buddy. If any kids dream on or wants any actor/singer in his/her life, it shouldn be any problem. why r u bringing this issue on the forum? if u wan to debate on age factor, we have debate mansion. go there and post whatever u wan to debate. seriously, i think u have posted unnecessary comment on this warning post.

I think this psychological aspects can not be overruled, it really becomes funny when kidos try to become moral judge. At least we should have someone of an age who can be expected to get out of these personal sentiments and can think neutrally.

how many moderators do u know personally? when i say personally, it means individualistically. see u can not comment on any moderator's acitivity till u don know him/her subjectively. I would appreciate if u know moderators better and the put such thing on the forum.

Discipilanry decisions left to one individual, will always remain biased. That too in a situation when you have no option of defending yourself and you are not supposed to demand any justification.

everyone is biased. we all know our limits and we r biased within our limits. see u have joined on 03 February 2006. i would request u to be more active and look what others r doing instead of all this age and dream issues.

It is very difficult to follow strict norms in a free website, so this is just a suggestion and not a complaint. I am personally happy with whatever I get free of charge from it and have stopped complaining. The updates are more than enough. what more we can ask for?

Its also very easy to break norms in a free website. thats why this post has been put up as sticky so that all the members including urself can read it again n again.

Well, it cant get better than this...awesome!!
Even if ppl feel mods or bunch of mods are immature/young/kidos....well-hats off to them for thier judgement....
I'm too a kid (as far as India Forum is concerned - age wise, I doubt though Wink) but can tell for sure - you dissected this post so nicely....havent seen such precision posting before in my 20-25 days journey so far as active member....

Hats off to Mods...you are next to Gods !!
ppl, plz cooperate them n let this be as clean n neat as it should be !!

peace

Go to top