Interview : Rani Mukherjee of your heart

sawariyah Senior Member
sawariyah
sawariyah

Posted: 11 March 2006 at 7:45am | IP Logged
Interview : Rani Mukherjee of your heart
Mar 10, 2006

Courtesy: MusicIndiaOnline

You don't have to see her. Just listen to her husky voice and you will be healed. And this girl is Rani Mukherjee, the rani of Bollywood. She is undoubtedly the most successful actress in Indian cinema today. She has many blockbusters under her belt and her latest film 'Black' has earned her accolades from all quarters besides fetching her awards. Her love life has been a mystery till now though she has been linked with the likes of Abhishek Bachchan. Read on to know more about her.

Excerpts from the Interview:

Are you scared of expectations?

I don't set targets, and so, there are no expectations. This may sound unoriginal but there are certain things in life that go this way.

How do awards mean to you?

As an actor, I need something to boost my ego and awards do a world of good to my confidence. Awards also tell you that you are on the right track. I some times make surprise visit to theatres to see first hand reaction of the audience to assess my acting.

How was it working with Sanjay Leela Bhansali in 'Black'?

It was a learning experience. You know, I was such a raw when Sanjay made 'Black'. He molded be to the perfection. I genuinely feel every one of us who won awards for 'Black' should give the credit to him.

Is it true that you have a great rapport with Sanjay?

Yes, we understand each other pretty well. He loves cholar dal, begun bhaja, chingri maccher malai curry and luchi. So, I give him these delicacies whenever he visits me. On the other hand, his mom prepares dhokla for me when I visit him.

You seem to share great chemistry with Abhishek and you have been chosen Filmfare Jodi No 1 this year for 'Bunty Aur Babli'. Comment.

Amitji and Hemaji got the award last year for 'Baghbaan' and we got it this year. It will go to someone else next year. So, there is nothing special or secret burning within.

A magazine has recently written that you have an affair with Aditya Chopra. Is it true?

It's nothing but rubbish.  Aditya and his wife Payal are close to me. In fact, we are like a family. Anyway, I live my life following my own ideologies. There are certain things that can never have a place in my life. I won't let unnecessary stress to enter my life. 

Most of the filmmakers repeat you in their next films but Mani Ratnam is not considering you in his next film with Abhishek. What must be the reason?

Mani Ratnam belongs to different genre of directors. The fact is that directors like him don't sign just an actor but a character.

What are your forthcoming films?

I have signed Sanjay Leela Bhansali's next film titled 'Sanwariya'. I also have another film titled 'Babul' for Ravi Chopra. I have seen his earlier film 'Baghbaan' and it's good.

Are you going to do any Hollywood film?

I am completely into Bollywood films at the moment and I just can't handle anymore workload. Mira Nair had approached me for 'Namesake' but I have no time to do it. I have already given my dates to Karan Johar. So, there is no more place for 'Namesake'.

blue rose Goldie
blue rose
blue rose

Posted: 11 March 2006 at 8:56am | IP Logged
thnks!
AnGeLeYeZz Goldie
AnGeLeYeZz
AnGeLeYeZz

Posted: 11 March 2006 at 9:50am | IP Logged
i love rani Embarrassed
AnGeLeYeZz Goldie
AnGeLeYeZz