Kandy Floss

Kandy Floss Articles : No Comments (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

monika.goel

IF-Stunnerz

monika.goel

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 10:41pm | IP Logged
'Sankraman mein bahut saare kutte hain'
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   February 23, 2006

Ekta Kapoor
• When asked to comment on her male co-star, a popular actress from an equally popular Balaji show, retorts, "Sankraman Studios (where Balaji soaps are shot) mein bahut saare kutte hain!"

• A well-known character from another Balaji serial, who also wants to make a mark in Bollywood says, "I don't mind going topless if this particular director casts me as his lead heroine."

• Two popular male model-turned-actors spill the beans about the casting "ouches" they had to go through.

• A particularly low-profiled and off-the-party circuit Balaji bahu talks about men, romance and her crushes…

These are just a few samples from Ekta Kapoor's new weekly show Kandy Floss, which goes behind the scenes of both television and Bollywood.

Archana Puran Singh
Anchored by Archana Puran Singh, the long-in-the-pipeline show finally airs on Sony from March 10. The channel has given Kandy Floss a late-night Friday (11 pm) slot — not exactly prime time viewing.

Censor it: Sony

It is learnt that Ekta wanted an earlier time slot, of 8 or 8.30 pm, but after viewing the content, the Sony folks demanded that it be censored. They found the content too provocative! However, Ekta was adamant.

Later, Sony agreed to air it the way it was, but at a later time.

No way: Ekta

Says Ekta, "Yes, Kandy Floss is extremely wild. The Sony folks were quite shocked when they saw it. They wanted me to censor it. But I told them it goes the way we have planned it or it does not go at all. They agreed for a 11 pm slot but they still want me to tone it down!"

Interestingly, the show, though being aired on Sony, will take a look at soaps and characters across all channels and production houses.

According to Gursheel Walia, creative director, Sony, "When we saw the show, we found certain things in it quite explosive. We didn't think it was suitable for early viewing. After a lot of discussions, and as Ekta wanted the show to have that edge, it was finally cleared for a late-night slot."

Magazine format

Adds Sandiip Sikcand, creative head for Kandy Floss, "It will run in a magazine format. It is like Stardust magazine. Kandy Floss is unlike other behind-the-scenes shows. All the dope is no holds barred. It is both scandalous and shocking. Wait and watch."

http://web.mid-day.com/hitlist/2006/february/131515.htm

Edited by monika.goel - 12 March 2006 at 10:41pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Kandy Floss Articles : No Comments (Page 2)" in Kandy Floss forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Ambrosia

IF-Veteran Member

Ambrosia

*CID banner Contest Winner*

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 3:04am | IP Logged
Thanx

monika.goel

IF-Stunnerz

monika.goel

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 2:12pm | IP Logged
Ekta to expose stars
   By: Upala KBR
   August 1, 2005

Ekta Kapoor
After a slew of soap operas, Ekta Kapoor is now bringing a different show to television. The show called Kandy Floss, will be aired on weekends from August on Sony Television

Ekta's turnaround

From soaps to mirch-masala — why this sudden change? Says Ekta, "It's a gossip entertainment magazine format, and will have everything from entertaining features to interviews, events, tongue-in-cheek humour and loads of gossip.

I have always wanted to do a show like this even before I did Kahani and Kyunki but didn't have the opportunity. Recently, I was discussing this with Tarun (Katial), he liked the concept very much and asked me to go ahead. We are still in the process of finalising details of the format."

What will they feature on the show?

"Kandy Gloss will be all about having fun more than gossip. It's going to be formatted in a very up-market style, as we will be shooting in various classy locations. It could have something like  five actors going on a boys night out, to anything that is cool and fun."

Not Balaji-centric

So will the show be sharing gossip tidbits about her as well. "No way!" fired Ekta, "There are certain levels I won't cross for myself and I won't let that be crossed for others too.

The aim is not to hurt people, but to have fun. The gossip won't be below the belt. It's not going to be bitchy or hard-hitting, but on a lighter vein in a  tongue-in-cheek style."

Today besides Balaji, there are different serials on various channels. Will Balaji feature the cast and crew of other channels and serials too? "Of course. Kandy Floss will not just be a Balaji or Sony centric show."

http://web.mid-day.com/hitlist/2005/august/115232.htm

Edited by monika.goel - 13 March 2006 at 2:12pm

monika.goel

IF-Stunnerz

monika.goel

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 2:15pm | IP Logged
Sky no limit for these stars

Television is going places and so it seems are its many stars, producers and directors who look forward to the year full of more challenges. Some popular TV personalities talk about their goals.

Ekta KapoorEkta Kapoor (Creative Director of Balaji Telefilms): There is continuing fragmentation of viewership. It seems STAR Plus will continue to be on top in 2006. But Zee and STAR One will inch forward. For me, innovation is the keyword. As far as soaps go, my biggest challenge this year is Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka on STAR One with which I will enter a new territory. With my other new soap Kasam Se, a sweet story, I hope to lure urban audiences into watching Zee. Kandy Floss on Sony will be my first non-fictional show. I'll also launch one of my biggest soaps ever towards the yearend. As far as television is concerned, the sky is no longer the limit.

Kavita Barjatya (Producer, Woh Rehne Wali Mehlon Ki): "TV is getting really big. Besides the normal dailies, different kinds of shows are coming up this year. Reality TV is here to stay. A survey has found that television contributes 55 per cent to India's entertainment industry while films contribute just 26 per cent.

Manish Goswami (Producer, Sarrkkar): The year looks very encouraging. Apart from two shows on air Sarrkkar and Kittu Sab Janti Hai, which are doing very well, I will have a few more shows on air by February-March. My first feature film will take off by July 2006. I see a lot of reality TV and progressive serials on primetime. I also see a lot of shows targeted at children. Comedy shows will also rule the roost this year.

Iqbal Khan (Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai):Things have been going splendidly for me. I will continue to work hard and do my bit on television. Everyone can see the popularity of the medium.

Smriti Irani is keen on theatreSmriti Irani (Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi): This is a year filled with great possibilities for me. It's the year of my debut in Gujarati theatre and the beginning of my association with cinema. I hope it works. As for television, content will continue to rule whether it's a soap or reality TV.

Ravi Rai (Producer, director of Sailaab, Thoda Hai Thode Ki Zaroorat Hai and Kashish): This year television will certainly scale new heights. A TV director has to stand up and deliver. Fiction TV is a segment of deep concern. With news, sports and reality-based shows coming up, one needs to look at this genre and revive it. As for me, I need one good show on television for my company to keep going.

Deepak Segal (Executive vice-president, content, STAR): I foresee further fragmentation in the TV industry with new channels and technology like DTH and mobile coming up. For STAR, we hope to put some shows that get into the marathon and others that can lead the race and sustain.

Rohit Roy (Sarrkkar): The year 2005 was great and 2006 looks even better. Sarrkkar is giving me a creative high. Viraasat promises to be the mother of all soaps. My appearance in Ek Khiladi Ek Hasina got me a great response. Now a couple of really good films are happening. So, this year will rock for me. TV will continue to be the most powerful medium, and it's growing.

Rajiv hopes for an exciting yearRajiv Khandelwal (Kahin To Hoga): The year looks very exciting. I'm clueless about what awaits me which makes my struggle unpredictable and exciting.

Rajeshwari wants dance to be her lifeRajeshwari Sachdev Badola (Rihaee): I hope my tradition of interesting and challenging work continues. May dance and music be the elixir of my life. — IANS

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2006/20060122/spectrum/tv.htm

Edited by monika.goel - 13 March 2006 at 2:15pm

monika.goel

IF-Stunnerz

monika.goel

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 2:18pm | IP Logged

2006 for hottest TV stars

by Subhash K Jha

Smriti Irani (Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi)—"This is a year filled with great possibilities for me. It's the year of my debut in Gujarati theatre and the beginning of my association with cinema. I hope it works out. As for television, content will continue to rule whether it's a soap or reality tv."

Rajiv Khandelwal (tv star)—"For me this year looks very exciting. I'm clueless about what awaits me. And the very fact that I'm clueless makes my struggle unpredictable and exciting."

Rajeshwari Sachdev Badola (tv actress)—"I hope for me, my tradition of interesting and exciting work continues. That's the way I like my work to be. May dance and music be the elixir of my life!"

Ekta Kapoor: "I see a continuing fragmentation of viewership. Star Plus will continue to be on top in 2006. But Zee and Star One will inch forward. For me innovation is the key word. As far as soaps go, my biggest challenge this year is Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka on Star One. It takes me into an entirely new territory. My other new soap Kasam Se is a sweet warm story that I hope to use it to lure urban audiences into watching Zee. And Kandy Floss on Sony will be my first non-fictional show. I'll also be launching one of my biggest soaps ever at year-end. Plus, there're other things on the anvil. But these are the main challenges. As far as Indian television is concerned, the sky is no longer the limit."

Manish Goswami (producer of Sarrkar)—"This year looks very encouraging and bright. Apart from my two shows on air Sarrkar and Kittu Sab Janti Hai which are doing very well, I've a few more shows going on air by Feb/March. Finally my first feature film will take off by July 2006. I see a lot of reality tv and progressive serials on primetime. I also see a lot of shows targeted at children between 5 and 14. Of course comedy shows will also rule the roost this year. Who doesn't want a good laugh?"

Iqbal Khan (lead, Kaisa Yeh Pyar Hai)—"By God's grace things have been going splendidly for me. My future is in Allah's hands. I'm going to continue to work hard and do my bit on television. Everyone can see, the popularity of the medium is growing like a wild forest. It just doesn't seem to end, Inshan Allah!"

Kavita Barjatya (producer, Woh Rehne Wali Mehlon Ki)—"TV is getting really big. Besides the normal dailies different kind of shows are coming up this year. Reality tv is definitely here to stay. I remember reading a survey which said television contributes 55 percent to India's entertainment industry while films contribute just 26 percent.

Ravi Rai (producer, director of Sailaab, Thoda Hai Thode Ki Zaroorat Hai and Kashish)—"This year television would certainly scale higher heights. A tv director has to stand up and deliver as the stakes are getting increasingly high. Fiction tv is a segment of deep concern with news, sports and reality-based shows coming up like gremlins, one needs to look at this mother-genre and revive it by artificial respiration. As for me, I need one good show on television for my own satisfaction and for my company to keep going. Depends on the show I'm given to make. Either I'll fake an orgasm or really have one."

Deepak Segal (Executive Vice President, Content Star) : "I foresee further fragmentation in the tv industry, what with new channels, and technology like DTH and mobile coming up. For us at Star we hope to put on some shows that get into the marathon and some shows that could sustain in the race and keep leading in the marathon."

Rohit Roy (tv star)—"Honestly for the first time I am looking forward to doing some kick-ass work on tv. 2005 was great for me. 2006 looks even better. Sarrkar is giving me a creative high. And Viraasat promises to be the mother of all soaps. My movie appearance in Ek Khiladi Ek Hasina has got me great responses. Now a couple of really good films are happening. So all in all this year will rock for me. I feel tv will continue to be the most powerful medium, and it's growing by the week."

Edited by monika.goel - 13 March 2006 at 2:20pm

monika.goel

IF-Stunnerz

monika.goel

Posted: 15 March 2006 at 10:19pm | IP Logged

Archana in film on 9/11
   By: Tushar Joshi
   March 16, 2006
------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

Archana Puran Singh
Archana Puran Singh is excited about her international film, The Gold Bracelet.

"I want the industry to watch me in The Gold Bracelet. It's a film about a Sikh family surviving in a post 9/11 scenario. We shot in LA non-stop for 45 days, and I was dressed in these really long and painful hair extensions."

Singh says this is one film she's really proud of.

"I don't want to be slotted as a comedian; there's so much more I can deliver. The response that I got for The Gold Bracelet has been positive." The film, directed by Kavi Raz, will do the rounds of the international festival circuits before seeing a theatre release.

TV tattle

On TV, she's back doing what she loves the most. Dishing out gossip and entertaining us with her HS-LS (and now MS) list Archana Puran Singh made a comeback with Sony's Kandy Floss. "I have never gone anywhere to make a comeback. In fact, I didn't think I was away from the medium for too long. So it's funny when people ask me about it," said Archana.

"I am having loads of fun on the sets, and when that happens, it means I am enjoying my work."

The actress admits that she has made it clear that she will not take personal digs at anyone on the gossip show. "I have a sense of humour and expect the same from my friends in the industry. The potshots we take, are targeted towards a collective audience and not anyone in particular."

Recently, Archana had to do a feature with item girl Rakhi Sawant that gave her newfound respect for the pin-up doll. "I love that girl's attitude. She's the only one who made me look at the camera with surprise and say, 'what the hell!'. I admire her honesty and confidence."

monika.goel

IF-Stunnerz

monika.goel

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 10:33pm | IP Logged

By A L Chougule

Archana Puran Singh talks about everything that is hot, spicy, gossipy, mysterious and taboo

Having been part of the scandal-ridden showbiz world for more than two decades, film and television actress Archana Puran Singh surely knows the off-camera glitzy and gossipy happenings pretty well. Not just that. She is also in a better position to understand what makes the world of television and showbiz so hot 'n' spicy.

Add to that her vivacity, energy, love for shooting from the lip and saucy and tongue-in-cheek sense of humour and you will not disagree that Archana is probably the right candidate to host Kandy Floss, the show that will give viewers a peek into the hot and happening events in showbiz, be it an affair, behind-the-scene happenings, make-up van gossip, casting couch, cruise parties or filmy celebrations. Without mincing words or sparing anyone Archana will talk about everything that is hot, spicy, gossipy, mysterious and taboo.

"I think it reflects the changing times. What was taboo a decade or two ago is no more shocking. People didn't talk about their private lives, affairs and close friendship earlier but today they are willing to discuss these things. Kandy Floss provides an appropriate platform to people willing to talk honestly and openly. Honesty is refreshing and endearing." feels Archana. She says she is not a gossipy kind of person but what the show deals with and will reveal is not unknown to her.

"I have been there, heard and seen it all," she says matter-of-factly. "And why not talk about it when people are willing to come on camera and discuss things candidly," she asks. By Indian television standards, the show is quite bold. "It is bold because the content is scandalous," agrees the vivacious host who loves anchoring.

"We have actors, actresses and models talking openly about affairs and casting couch. There are actresses who have admitted that they will compromise with certain producers for the right roles. They have even named the producers and the extent to which they will go to get roles," reveals Archana adding that even Sony was taken aback by the show's content.

In fact, the channel had asked Ektaa Kapoor to tone down the content. "But Ektaa refused. She believes in the show and she put the might of Balaji behind Kandy Floss to bring it on air without diluting the content. Sony felt it was bit risky to air the show at prime time and slotted it at 11 pm," elaborates Archana who prefers films for acting and television for anchoring. "Television has changed tremendously. It doesn't function in shifts anymore.

You are required to shoot for 14-15 hours everyday. I don't want to go through torture for some extra bucks at the cost of my health and family." In fact, though she started her career on television 22 years ago with Mr Ya Mrs she has gone easy on serials and given importance to films. "Film shootings are like holidays," she reasons. "Besides I get paid highly in films. There is no point in working every day. I have the luxury of choosing my work and number of working days. So why not enjoy work and life instead of slogging."

After her debut on television she has done serials but most of them have been comedies like Shriman Shrimati, Samnewali Khidki, Jane Bhi Do Paro and Aasman Se Tapki. Besides in films too she has been cast in comic roles. "Comedy is my USP," she laughs. "I have this ability to give a comic twist to my roles. I have immense talent for comedy and I really enjoy it."

Though she has acted less on television she however, has done quite a bit of anchoring for shows that include Wah Kya Scene Hai, Uncensored and Archana Talkies besides award functions and beauty pageants. "I really get to freak out hosting shows," she says. "It is less work and good money." Besides acting and anchoring Archana also has done direction on television. She directed two shows, Jane Bhi Do Paro, a comedy, and Nehle Pe Dehla, a countdown that she also co-hosted with hubby Parmeet Sethi.

"Both were tough jobs for me because at that time I was carrying my second child. I had to do them because I was committed and couldn't back out. After that I decided not to burden myself with too much of work," she recalls. Wouldn't she want to work with Parmeet more? "I want to do at least one serial with him. I did Nach Baliye with Parmeet and we were together for three months.

It was a great experience. But then being too much together may strain the relationship," she laughs loudly. "I guess everyone needs a break from one's partner. One needs space to be oneself. Otherwise it may lead to a divorce." The actress-anchor loves to enjoy her life as much she wants to enjoy her work. She spends a lot of time with her sons and looking after her house.

She has recently bought a house at Madh Island, which is famous for shooting bungalows, private farmhouses, beach, old Christian village and local fishermen. "It's almost like Goa. As you take the ferry and cross over the creek the temperature drops. You are in the midst of open space, lots of trees, small lanes, churches and village atmosphere. It relieves you of all the pressures of life," she goes on. In fact, she is happy when she is at home.

"Why did I buy the house for? To live well and enjoy life with my kids and husband," she informs. "In fact, I am one of the few people in the industry who is happy and satisfied with whatever I have achieved."

Edited by monika.goel - 18 March 2006 at 10:33pm

monika.goel

IF-Stunnerz

monika.goel

Posted: 19 March 2006 at 1:39pm | IP Logged

Kya hoga Ekta ka?

Balaji's head honcho talks about her two new shows

Subhash K Jha

Ekta Kapoor

Television tycoon Ekta Kapoor is on a high. While her foray into non-fiction programming, Kandy Floss has created quite a stir, with her new serial Kya Hoga Nimmo ka starts today. The serial is momentous for Ekta because it is her first on Star One

"Kandy Floss is catty, but not bitchy. But the response has been overwhelming and now I'm charged about Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka. Pataa nahin kya hoga Ekta ka," she says. "Also, it's my first soap for the new channel on Star; therefore it has to work not just for Balaji but for the channel too. The show is funny, yet it isn't a comedy; it's got drama but no melodrama. I promise no one's going to die and come back later," Ekta says.

So, this show is going to be a far cry from her past productions. "Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka is my version of the fairy tale Cinderella. Nimmo is in many ways like me — she has simple dreams and is waiting for the pumpkin to turn into a stage coach. And yet Nimmo is rooted to her middle-class upbringing. Those who've accused me of getting stereo typed in my soaps will see that I've changed to another format. Nimmo sticks to my style and yet ventures into a new territory. I'd say it's my tribute to the working-class comedies made by Basu Chatterjee and Sai Paranjpe. But at the same time, Nimmo's family is nothing like the Viranis in Kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi."

A couple of months ago, finding the actress to essay the role of Nimmo had involved a talent hunt. The search ended when they finalised on Sanjita after going through several applicants. "Sanjita has done a couple of films down South. She's new to Mumbai. As for Ejiaz Khan, he plays our Prince Charming in the serial and Navjot Singh Sidhu is the sutradhar, like the fairy godmother in Cinderella." 

As for being responsible for giving another fledgling channel a boost in the TRPs, Ekta says, "There're several other new soaps on the channel. Let's see if Nimmo helps them."

Talk veers to Ekta's other experiment, Kandy Floss. "In just a week's time Kandy Floss has ruffled quite a few feathers and it is going to get more irreverent. The interview with Sandhya Mridul and Rakhi Sawant was shocking. Kandy Floss isn't for the weak at heart. I guess Balaji is finally getting bold

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=19&am p;sectname=Television&sess=31800816

Edited by monika.goel - 19 March 2006 at 1:40pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top