Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

India-Forums

Why Sarega beats IDOLs/Gurukuls hollow ? (Page 2)

Celina7 IF-Rockerz
Celina7
Celina7

Posted: 11 March 2006 at 2:53pm | IP Logged
another thought.... singers from saregamapa become playback singers like kunal ganjawala n shreya ghoshal n maybe more..? but nobody really gets accepted in bollywood who is in one of the other shows...

madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 11 March 2006 at 4:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ranig

In Srgmp , When they are judged.....they don't focus on how they look, if they are dancing well, etc. The focus is specifically on Sur and nothing and absolutely nothing else.

It raises the bar and by doing this even all the singers who were in top 12 are mesmerizing. That's we had so much fighting going on because really it was hard to determine who was better or worse.

In Indian Idol2, only one person is exceptional and so it makes the others stick out like sore thumbs.

Another huge factor is that they got the support of music maestros' who can tell them were they have faltered and were they should improve. tHEY focus a lot of attention on riaz.

In Indian Idol, atleast it does not look like they get this support. It's seems the contestants are doing a lot of shoping for clothes and make up or going bowling rather than focusing on riaz. atleast that is what II2 keeps showing.

So SRGMP, you are the best, Keep up the good work ...because we want to continue hearing great voices.

Very well said! I completely agree. I was watching the results round of the top 5, when Nihira gets voted out and after they finished singing kal ho na ho, I thought to myself, if I didn't know the results, whom would I want out?

- Debojeet ? - Naaaa, after his Aaja ve Mahi I am his huge fan!
- Vinit ? - NO WAY! His Fiza.. Tera Jadoo Chal Gaya still echoing in ears..
- Himani ? - Jiya Dhadak Dhadak all the way
- Nihira ? - Thats like an insult to Music itself
- Hema ?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?! I mean that was not even an option !!!

In a way, I am glad it was audience voting, because if a judge would have voted off any of the final 5 I would have hated tat person for the rest of my life!!
sweety001 IF-Dazzler
sweety001
sweety001

Posted: 11 March 2006 at 4:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jmn7

The best singers come to saregamapa.They don't go to other channels and contests.

LOLi agree and they dont focus on how they look only their voice quality and ya i agree that SRGMP had some good talent
ranig IF-Dazzler
ranig
ranig

Posted: 11 March 2006 at 6:11pm | IP Logged
thanks Madhavi.....for agreeing with my sentiments. I know expecially when it got to the top 5, it got really confusing. even within my family we were confused. all of them were all pretty impressive. I guess we had to eventually chose one, but in reality it's nice to know that they are all getting offers. I hope the fighting between the supporters stops because we should all wish them the best. they worked hard to get where they are. what would happend if we had one good voice in the music industry. It would be very boring.
Bansari7 IF-Dazzler
Bansari7
Bansari7

Posted: 11 March 2006 at 6:25pm | IP Logged
BECAUSE VINIT IS IN THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUH!!!!!!!!!!

Go to top