Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Anant Mahadevan is flooded with offers!

sawariyah Senior Member
sawariyah
sawariyah

Posted: 11 March 2006 at 3:24am | IP Logged
Anant Mahadevan is flooded with offers!
By Manissha Despaande, Bollywood Trade News Network  

View Anant Mahadevan in AKSAR Press Meet Picture GalleryWith AKSAR proving to be a win-win situation at the box-office, director Anant Mahadevan is on cloud nine "It is a great feeling to deliver a success. I have not failed the distributors in my previous two films but AKSAR, has had the distributors laughing their way to the bank with the film being declared a universal hit," he smiles. While the congratulatory calls haven't stopped since the release, Mahadevan is flooded with offers to direct films. Currently talks are on with at least three big production houses, besides T-series, Gordhan Tanwani and Shyam Bajaj, who has decided to repeat Mahadevan for his next production. His immediate next however will be Sa Re Ga Ma's NA NA KARTE, which he describes as a "delightful marital comedy."  He has tentatively confirmed Fardeen Khan, Zayed Khan, Rimi Sen and Dia Mirza to play the lead roles, but the film that is very close to his heart is his forthcoming release, STAYING ALIVE. "It is a very sensitive film and diametrically opposite to my last film, AKSAR and I am hoping that it gets the requisite amount of support in the distribution market," he says.

Mahadevan is also planning to take thought-provoking film through the festival circuit prior to its release. "I am confident that the film will get its share of critical acclaim in the international market," he says.

Aksar hspace4STAYING ALIVE is a black comedy, where an underworld don, who has had a heart attack, lies in the ICCU of a hospital, petrified of impending death. Adjacent to him is a journalist who has had a heart attack but has no fear of death, having endured it several times. The two become thick friends and the don develops a new perception of life. Mahadevan plays the role of the journalist in the film while Saurabh Shukla plays the don.

Aries23 IF-Stunnerz
Aries23
Aries23

Posted: 11 March 2006 at 6:11am | IP Logged
thx
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top