Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

India-Forums

Apurva-the best gift to indiantelevision (Page 5)

bluelotus Goldie
bluelotus
bluelotus

Posted: 25 March 2005 at 5:45pm | IP Logged

vivali.............Cry

my husband has a different opinoin about it

Cry

rose85 Senior Member
rose85
rose85

Posted: 25 March 2005 at 7:14pm | IP Logged
armaan is the soul of JJKN...Embarrassed
pj04 Goldie
pj04
pj04

Posted: 26 March 2005 at 11:19am | IP Logged

Aloknath, kawaljeet,are senior actors.  And the rest of them have also been around since a long time. and if not a long time, then it has been quite a while. And Apoorva Agnihotri has just arrived. So its not fair to compare him to them. But the fact that the comparison was made,itself  speaks for his great acting prowess.With his very first foray into television, he has excelled. He has proved that he is an actor of great callibre. Its he who has made Armaan kingsize. Its his potrayal of Armaan Suri that has made Armaan a reality.

And who are these people?Apoorva cannot be compared to these novices.  Ashish nayyar, akashdeep(pls...not him), amit sareen, amit jain, ejaj khan,samir soni (pls pls pls who are these people?), rajeev khandelwal(he cannot emote to save his life, he always has the same blank expression on his face,he's wooden.  These people being compared to Apoorva, that wud be a honour for them, but not for Apoorva, pls. The actor deserves much much more than being compared to these people.

He can anyday, play  each and every character played by each and every person above with equal finnesse and the same versatility.He has that potential, that callibre. And its he who has reached where he is today(at the top)by his sheer hard work and not these novices. yes these novices are not exceptional. But Apoorva has proved that he is definetly the exceptional one. And that is why he deserves every applause for his acting. He deserves all the accolades that he is recieving.   Apurva is definetly the best gift to television.

dearie when you say he is gift to indian television...that is leaves him open to be compared with all and every actor on the tube. i agree that aloknath and kawaljeet singht are senior actors hence let us leave them out. the fact that you don't know about ashish nayyar(negative hero on tumhari disha...his second role) or consider varun badola(astitva is his second show) experienced itself points your bias . incidentally i pointed only few shows that i know about, there are many more shows and actors on tv worth mentioning. like it or not amit sareen and ejaz khan do lie in same category as apoorve(just becoz most people on the this forum do not watch ekta shows...does not mean those actors are talent less or any less than apoorve, also let me point out i did not name anuj saxena or chetan hansraj who i think are not very good). i also left out samir soni(who is not very bad) bcoz my guess is you have not seen him in other shows on other channels where he is good(once again let me tell you while purab might be his most popular role....he is worst in it)

apoorves closest competitor would be the spanish armando(he was great compared to indian armaan) or dk(ashish nayyar who has more or less same role as armaan and he too excels...  could be directors since td has great directors with a very stable and strong storyline)

bottom line:- i agree armaan has made apoorve popular but it is too early to comment on his success(it is like calling hrithik roshan next sanjeev kumar after his debut film kaho na pyar hai). he is good but has a long way to go(he also lacks star quality that few other actors have). also we have different criterions for who is good and how much.you might be right in your assesment but i will wait until he does atleast one offbeat role sucessfully (which happens to be my criterion for acting skills). incidentally while i think that srk is a great joy to watch on screen and i love to watch his movies , i still am waiting to see him in an unconventional (one with no running around singing romantic songs) role like anil kapoor(ishwar and lamhe), amir khan(rakh,holi, lagaan,rising), ajay devgan and sunil shetty(who are open to trying new looks and playing negative/positive/annoying characters)....etc before i declare him the absolute best.he did try ashoka(not impressive enough, he failed....he could not become king ashoka but remained srk), anjam and darr(he was negative hero but still needed something better). 

Edited by pj04 - 26 March 2005 at 11:41am
mikagurl23 IF-Dazzler
mikagurl23
mikagurl23

Posted: 26 March 2005 at 11:25am | IP Logged
hmmm what shall i say???  i agree armaan is cool. but lets not make him a gift, lets make him a part of a gift to indian television. becuz there are alot of other actors/actresses like pj said. the list is endless. altho, maybe apurva should deserve something from all of u, such as trust and craze to make him feel as if hes a star along with others. jprasad, dont get mad about our lil comments, altho i no how hard it is to resist(ive done it, loll)
**ShInE** Groupbie
**ShInE**
**ShInE**

Posted: 26 March 2005 at 11:35am | IP Logged

he's a gr8 actor....b coz armaan is wot everyone 'desires' but lets not 4 get....4 one thing...he isnt armaan - hes apurva....

armaan is the person every one has fallen in love with....but armaan jus doesnt exist.... : (

pj04 Goldie
pj04
pj04

Posted: 26 March 2005 at 11:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by **ShInE**

he's a gr8 actor....b coz armaan is wot everyone 'desires' but lets not 4 get....4 one thing...he isnt armaan - hes apurva....

armaan is the person every one has fallen in love with....but armaan jus doesnt exist.... : (

hmmm....you might have a point there

bluelotus Goldie
bluelotus
bluelotus

Posted: 26 March 2005 at 12:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pj04

Originally posted by **ShInE**

hmmm....you might have a point there

Oh!!!!!!!!!! Arman exists very much in my heart

surnita Goldie
surnita
surnita

Posted: 26 March 2005 at 4:14pm | IP Logged
Armaan/Apoorva has that star quality, he is magnetic, captivating and talented.  No other Indian tv actor is worthy of him.  He has been given a difficult part and made it his own.  HATS OFF TO YOU SIR!!!Clap

Go to top