Abhijit’s school wants another Amey

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago

Abhijit's school wants another Idol

After Abhijit Sawant's success, the Indian Education Society has been making announcements in school every single day asking students to vote for Amey Date, another ex-student, on Indian Idol II - Santosh Andhale

Every Monday and Tuesday, the principals of the 40 Indian Education Society (IES) schools in the city make a special announcement over the public address system: Please ask everyone you know to send an SMS for Amey.

Amey Date is one of the four finalists competing for the title of Indian Idol II on Sony Television. He is also an ex-student of IES' S V Nabar Guruji Vidyalaya at Portuguese Church, Dadar.

The IES is hoping that Amey will repeat the success of the reigning Indian Idol Abhijit Sawant, who was a student of IES' Raja Shivaji Vidyalaya at Hindu Colony, Dadar.

The Indian Idol show is a singing competition where contestants are eliminated on the basis of audience votes.

People can call or SMS to vote for their preferred contestants. With as many as 40 schools in Mumbai campaigning for Amey, he does have a great chance of winning. In addition to the announcements, IES authorities have also put up posters soliciting support for their ex-student.

Indira Rajput, principal, S V Nabar Guruji Vidyalaya, said, "Every Monday and Tuesday, when the Indian Idol show is telecast, we make an announcement asking students to encourage their parents and relatives to vote for Amey. Even when we meet the parents at school gatherings, we make the same request. I believe Amey can create history by being the second IES student to win this contest. Coincidentally, both Abhijit and Amey have names that begin with A. We think that's lucky."

"I knew Amey from his school days. He was a shy boy and we had to push him to participate in competitions, but he always did well in those events. He is a very disciplined boy. And when I went to watch a shoot of Indian Idol, he recognised me and smiled. I am very happy with him. I tell everyone I know to vote for him.

"Like Abhjit Sawant, Amey will also win this competition," said Harishchandra Phadle, Amey's physical training instructor.

• Every Monday and Tuesday, when the Indian Idol show is telecast, we make an announcement asking students to encourage their parents and relatives to vote for Amey. I believe Amey can create history by being the second IES student to win this contest
— Indira Rajput, principal, S V Nabar Guruji Vidyalaya

Who is Amey Date?

Amey Date is one of the four finalists of Indian Idol II currently being telecast on Sony Telecast. The 26-year-old Commerce graduate from Ruparel has made a profession of singing. Amey has sung radio and TV ad jingles and has also sung for Marathi serials Gharkul and Tour Tour and the Hindi serial Amanat. Amey has also released cassettes in Marwadi, Rajasthani, Gujarati, Marathi, Telugu and Hindi. He also teaches singing at playback singer Suresh Wadkar's Ajivasan Gurukul at Santacruz. He lives with his mother, who taught him to sing.
— Shriya Patil

Thnx.Much happier for Amey after reading this!!! 😛
Thanks for this article Amey surely has a lot of support. 👏
Yea and he probably deserves it!
phew thank god atleast some1 out there realises his potential!

He sure has a lot of support 😛

greattt... i really hope Amey wins this contest.. he'z soooo ameyzing! 👏

btw.. thanks 4 sharing! 😊