Ekta to expose stars

Xplicit_Desii thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
After a slew of soap operas, Ekta Kapoor is now bringing a different show to television. The show called Kandy Floss, will be aired on weekends from August on Sony Television

Ekta's turnaround

From soaps to mirch-masala — why this sudden change? Says Ekta, "It's a gossip entertainment magazine format, and will have everything from entertaining features to interviews, events, tongue-in-cheek humour and loads of gossip.

I have always wanted to do a show like this even before I did Kahani and Kyunki but didn't have the opportunity. Recently, I was discussing this with Tarun (Katial), he liked the concept very much and asked me to go ahead. We are still in the process of finalising details of the format."

What will they feature on the show?

"Kandy Gloss will be all about having fun more than gossip. It's going to be formatted in a very up-market style, as we will be shooting in various classy locations. It could have something like  five actors going on a boys night out, to anything that is cool and fun."

Not Balaji-centric

So will the show be sharing gossip tidbits about her as well. "No way!" fired Ekta, "There are certain levels I won't cross for myself and I won't let that be crossed for others too.

The aim is not to hurt people, but to have fun. The gossip won't be below the belt. It's not going to be bitchy or hard-hitting, but on a lighter vein in a  tongue-in-cheek style."

Today besides Balaji, there are different serials on various channels. Will Balaji feature the cast and crew of other channels and serials too? "Of course. Kandy Floss will not just be a Balaji or Sony centric show

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kar_Nan thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Thanks for sharing

Aisha
Kar_Nan thumbnail