India-Forums

Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

pardey peechey ke sari battein

sensation87 IF-Sizzlerz
sensation87
sensation87

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 10:35pm | IP Logged
thx for sharing....atleast Amey's fear is gone LOL he might hv a new fear now Confused

prap IF-Rockerz
prap
prap

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 10:37pm | IP Logged
sharing what ayesha???????? Confused
sensation87 IF-Sizzlerz
sensation87
sensation87

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 10:38pm | IP Logged
lol i guess she is editing her post thats why u cant c it LOL LOL LOL
ilovedhanjanird IF-Sizzlerz
ilovedhanjanird
ilovedhanjanird

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 10:38pm | IP Logged
this are the pardey ke peechey ke battein

Karunya

Biggest Fear: Amey Date
My toughest contender would be Amey because he is a good singer & has experience behind him. He has the X factor & the mass appeal he has a great fan following. He is really caring. He will not show that part of his personality in front of anybody because he is this absolutely quiet person. But when it comes to helping anybody, or taking care of people around him, he is always there.
My edge:
Something that I have & he doesn't is that though he is a very good singer and has an excellent voice, that Marathi accent in his voice affects his singing. He doesn't have a flexible voice. On the other hand, I can sing all type of songs like Punjabi, Western, Romantic & even songs with a high range

Best Buddy:
Meenal is my best friend. Her being voted out is the greatest lost for me because I was not expecting this to happen. All three of us -- Antara , Meenal and I -- are best friends and we all were in the danger zone this time. Meenal is like the Female version of Karunya. She thinks like me.

------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------------------------
AMEY DATE

Biggest Fear: Antara
Antara is perfect Idol material. She has the voice, looks and the appeal to be the next Idol. She is sharp, has a good voice and her interaction with the public is pretty strong. She is a complete package.

My edge:
The only negative point that Antara has is that she cries a lot in front of the camera. She gets hyper very fast and she should stop doing that if she wants to go far.

Best Buddy:
Anuj is the closest to me because whenever he has any problem, whatever it may be -- personal or related to singing -- he always confesses to me."

------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------------------------
ANTARA MITRA

Biggest Fear: Amey
Amey is a good singer, he's got a great fan following and the judges also appreciate him. He has this sweet & cute personality and is like this boy next door that even your mom will be happy to meet. He has a positive attitude towards life, is cool & mature.

My edge:
Amey is egoistic. He argues a lot, is self-obsessed & seems confused at times.

Best Buddy:
When Panna was voted out, that was the saddest moment far me in this whole journey because a good singer was voted out & others who were not even worth being here were in.

SANDEEP

Biggest Fear: Anuj
Anuj is my closest competitor because he has the voice and the quality of a professional singer as he has learnt singing and is experienced.

My edge:
My uniqueness is my voice quality, and I don't think even Anuj can top that.

Best Buddy:
Amey and Anuj are good friends of mine. We have been together through the galas and have helped and supported each other even though we are competing for the same title.

ANUJ SHARMA

Biggest Fear: Amey
Amey is a good singer. He has the X factor and appeals to the image of a perfect Idol."

My edge:
Maybe Amey lacks the public connection, that's why he's been in the bottom three.

Best Buddy:
Sandeep, Amey and I have become a kind of group. We enjoy hanging out together whenever we get time and help each other out too.

Hide   

Meenal, Amey & Valentine's Day!   
Show

If it's Valentine's week, can cupid be far behind? While Indian Idol contestants Meenal and Amey's 'friendship' is becoming more apparent to everyone, they were seen catching a quiet moment together on V-Day.
Even on camera, when Meenal was asked who she'd choose as her Valentine from the male contestants, she blushed and disclosed: 'Amey-ji'.

While Meenal and Amey still have the pleasure of each other's company, Antara has been hit by Panna's loss. She always seemed to have a soft comer for the peppy and charismatic dude who got voted out last week.

She was seen crying uncontrollably after the show. 'Panna truly worked hard at his performance and DESERVED to be on the stage longer,' said Antara, as she sobbed after the show.

Quiet Sandeep showed his true emotional side on stage this week when he broke down upon hearing his name in the bottom three for the first time.

All these weeks, he would hide his fears and apprehensions behind his smile. But for the first time, viewers got a glimpse of the other side to his personality.

The Idol finalists are now actively campaigning for themselves at live shows and other performances.

'One of the most touching moments for me was my first autograph,' said Karunya. 'When you dream of being a star, this is something you always hope for, and now my dream is coming true,' he continued.

'I love to hear people scream my name and cheer when I appear on stage,' said Ravi, who is making the most of his campaigning skills in Mumbai and Delhi.

Hide   

Is Karunya in love with Antara?
Show

It's Valentine's week and Love is in the air on the sets of Indian Idol. Or so it seems, with Abhishek Bachchan look-alike Karunya having lost his heart to small town girl Antara.
But whether Bengal beauty Antara feels the same way about the looker from the South is still to be found out…

Meanwhile Panna is drawing a huge fan following of girls who have flipped for his boyish charm and 'Saif' smile.

Amey too is raking in the fans, especially from Mumbai, who support him in throngs and chant Ganpati Bappa Morya every time he appears on stage.

The week has been very disturbing for the judges, who are almost at war with each other over their opinions of the contestants.

Sonu Nigam repeatedly voiced his concern over the girls, who according to him, are paying too much attention to their looks and not concentrating on their singing.

Farah Khan was very upset when Monali left the show, saying 'I'm speechless. All the good talent has been voted out and there are still some mediocre people who have received audience votes all these weeks. At this rate I think next we'll be listening to some Bhajan Mandali on the show!'

Farah Khan was also seen giving Meenal advice on her performance after the show. Meenal was very upset to see herself in the bottom three for the third time and wanted tips on how to get out of the danger zone.

'You need to improve your overall performance and by performance, I don't mean dancing around trees, I mean you have to sing from your heart and enjoy what you are singing. You must show the emotion camera so the audiences know that you really mean what you are singing,' said Farah.

Hide

Boys' favourite: Monali and Antara   
Show

Behind the glitz and glamour of Indian Idol Series 2 are not only all the hard work, training and preparation, but also elation, heartbreak, nervousness and tension.
Before the last results were announced, Antara had a nagging feeling that her choice of song had not been up to the mark and would cause her downfall.

"I feel that I should probably not have sung this song on stage. This week the choice of song has been a big issue with most contestants and the judges were disappointed with most of the choices. My biggest fear is that if I lose out now, I will have to go back to my village and will never get an opportunity like this to make it big again" said a nervous Antara before the show.

The boys were asked to pick their favorite female performer and they all said that Monali and Antara have emerged as the dark horses and have improved tremendously as the show has progressed.

The girls however felt that Panna still is the only one with the mysterious X-Factor ingredient required to make it to the finals.

In an interesting interview, Suresh Wadkar, voice guru for Ravi and Amey, said that though the public and the judges seem to prefer Ravi, he feels that Amey has more potential to be the Agla Idol.

Anuj Sharma is absolutely thrilled with his unexpected return to the Indian Idol stage. "I had lost all hope but now I get a chance to start all over again. I'm just so lucky I can't believe this is happening to me!" said Anuj, hardly able to contain his happiness.

Yet another week passed on the sets of Indian Idol and yet another favourite of Farah Khan was voted out.

This time it was Neha Kakkar, who Farah herself said has always been a "Rocking Performer".

"I feel that she lost out purely because of her choice of song", said Farah. Incidentally, Neha was the only contestant to have been invited to lunch with Farah in her Judge's room.

Anu Malik, too, was in the mood to dole out advice and this time it was for Antara. He told her that it was time for her to start concentrating on her singing and not bother so much about her clothes and make up.

"Your voice is a part of you and you are the only one who can control and train it so that your level of performance rises" were his words of wisdom.

Hide   

Why we didn't cry for Yashashree   
Show

It was nail biting tension for the five female contestants last week when results of the second gala were announced.
Neha, Meenal, Yashashree, Antara and Monali waited anxiously in the green room before the show, wondering what the results would be, and if it was fair that Jolly should directly make it to the next round without a performance.

The feeling was unanimous that a deserving candidate would get voted out just because Jolly had the benefit of being chosen for the next round because of her bout of Chicken Pox.

The results were soon announced and Yashashree was crushed to hear that she would be the one to lose her place on the stage. However, none of the other participants were seen showing much emotion or shedding a tear with her on the stage.

''We cried when Sagar was voted out because we felt that he deserved to be in the Idol competition, but we didn't really have such thought about Yashashree. We felt that the public has made a wise and well thought-of choice by not voting for her,'' said Karunya, in an interview after the show.

In yet another unusual act, Anu Malik and Sonu Nigam made a trip backstage after the show to give the nine remaining finalists a "piece of their mind".

They told them that now that quality of performances MUST see a drastic improvement as the show enters its final episodes.

The current level of performances will not be appreciated any more and the contestants must work much harder to raise the bar of their acts to stay in the race.

Hide   

Behind the Scenes (17 January, 2006)   
Show

The tension in the green rooms before the results of the first gala were announced was at an all time high. Each of the six male contestants was hoping that his would not be the name called upon to leave the spotlight.
The irony however, that though each wished that theirs would not be the chosen name, they knew that they would lose a comrade in the battle. They just hugged each other and cried before they went on stage together for the last time.

In the other rooms, Antara was worried that her friend Sandeep would be the one to be voted out even though he performed well - No one can predict the opinion of the janta.

While Panna consoled Sandeep and tried to reassure him, Sagar had a nagging feeling that his time to leave the show was drawing nearer. Karunya, however, felt confident, saying: "I have come so far in the show. It's not my time to leave now. I'm sure I'm going to stay."

After the announcement that Sagar had to go, the person most affected by the news after him was probably Farah Khan. Visibly upset by the result, Farah went to Sagar's room after the show to console him. She found him writing a note to his friends who he will be leaving behind.

On camera, Anu Malik warned all the remaining finalists that the stakes will only get higher each week and the competition will get tougher.

The public's opinion matters a lot and each of them would have to work extra hard at maintaining their popularity with the audiences to gain votes.

However, behind the scenes, Anu Malik was upset with the voting pattern of the public and said "If the public thinks that he knows more about music that me, then so be it! Junta ki Jai Ho!"

In his usual style, Anu Malik was going into raptures during an interview with an interviewer at radio City, and the impatient Farah Khan kept making noises with a plastic bag in her hand to distract him!

Sonu Nigam tried to lighten up the atmosphere on the sets with an imitation of Karunya when he heard that he received the highest votes out of all the contestants!

Hide   

sensation87 IF-Sizzlerz
sensation87
sensation87

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 10:44pm | IP Logged
GUYS I DID NOT POST THIS TOPIC.....THE TOPIC POSTER is nicegirl_good

Edited by sensation87 - 10 March 2006 at 10:44pm
prap IF-Rockerz
prap
prap

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 10:51pm | IP Logged
ayesha good thing you wrote it in all caps....don't shout.....hehe LOL LOL LOL