Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

Mukesh - A Pricelss Singer (Page 5)

N Sinha Goldie
N Sinha
N Sinha

Posted: 07 June 2007 at 6:31am | IP Logged

Dear Here Interesting Fact About Mukesh

Sudhir Kakar, the well-known psychoanalyst, has an interesting   explanation for Mukesh's popularity. In conservative India, failed romances  outnumber successful ones. And Mukesh gives voice to the unarticulated  despair of a nation unable to love openly.  Hritik Roshan the hottest Indian film star sang a Mukesh song      "Kabhi Kabhee Mere Dil Mein Khayaal Aata Hai " in an interview with Simi Grewal on T.V. Sachin Tendulkar had demanded Mukesh's  songs cd's  during stay at Landmark hotel & listening all of rest time , running their one day cricket match at Kanpur. Happiness comes from the soul's satisfaction, not from the vital's or the body's - SRI AUROBINDO :
Happiness is much more than physical comforts and luxuries. If our mind and innermost self-our Soul- is not at peace, real happiness will never be experienced. Pleasure is not happiness!

The small girl was insisting upon hearing the famous playback singer Mukesh of the Indian Screen- not through discs or tapes, but in person! The girl was an invalid and because of her illness she became more depressed an consequently more demanding.

"I like his voice very much, Mama!" She used to say: "If he comes and sings to me personally I will be cured."

"Don't be silly!" The mother used to say: "have you become mad? He is a very big man...."

"Do you know how much he charges for a song?" Some one said: "He is very busy- always."

"But..... I want him to sing to me!" The girl used to say between sobs.
And as the days passed by her condition became more and more serious.

At last a physician approached the great Artist and told him about the sick girl's stubbornness'.

"Perhaps she would be cure, Mukeshji!"

"Achha!" (ok) said the artist :"I will come today. A little late, but not too late!"

And Mukesh did come and sing to the delight of the small patient and everybody else present in the hospital. Next day he said to someone "I was more happy than the little girl!"
Impression and expression :
One of the classic true stories of musicdom concerns a top-notch classical vocalist, playback singer Mukesh and veteran music director Kalyanji. The singer was leaving the composer's music room after a sitting when the classical luminary entered for a social call. After Mukesh departed, this worthy told Kalyanjibhai, "Look at the irony! What does that man know about classical raag and sur? And he drives a Mercedes and I have to travel by bus!" Kalyanjibhai beckoned the man to sit next to him and asked him to sing Chandan sa badan chanchal chitwan along with the harmonium. The classical singer sang the line, with excessive murki as per his training. Kalyanjibhai again explained to him the exact notes. Try as he might, the classical maestro could not get the requisite straight and heart-touching rendition needed for this Saraswatichandra classic. Gently, the composer drove home his point by telling him, Ab aap ko pataa chalaa ke woh Mercedes main kyoon ghoomte hain? (Do you now realise why he drives a Mercedes?)

Mukesh was probably the least classically-accomplished among our master-singers, but he has an amazing 90 per cent success record among his songs. According to industry insiders, even K.L. Saigal, Mohammad Rafi and Kishore Kumar were far from highly-trained.

Music is an art first and a craft last, and emotional expression will always win over attempts at calculated impressions
Ahttp://http://www.singermukesh.com/facts.htmwww.singermukes h.com/facts.htmbout Mukesh

Edited by N Sinha - 07 June 2007 at 6:32am

N Sinha Goldie
N Sinha
N Sinha

Posted: 07 June 2007 at 6:33am | IP Logged
taken from http://www.singermukesh.com/facts.htm

I'm sure Mukesh lovers would love them.
Prenz~13 IF-Rockerz
Prenz~13
Prenz~13

Posted: 07 June 2007 at 6:47am | IP Logged
tahnk you!! Big smile this was interesting...especially the one about the little girl and the last one.. Embarrassed
biswita Goldie
biswita
biswita

Posted: 07 June 2007 at 7:33am | IP Logged
Thanks Neerajji, this is an important lesson for all those who harp on classical training in the forum
manjujain IF-Sizzlerz
manjujain
manjujain

Posted: 07 June 2007 at 8:03am | IP Logged
Neeraj ji, Thanks a lot. Mukesh is my favorite & now knowing the facts that how humble and good human he was makes me feel very good!!!

I didn't know these facts!!! Thanks again for sharing these with us.
minuu IF-Addictz
minuu
minuu

Posted: 07 June 2007 at 9:56am | IP Logged
I lyk mukesh and interesting to no facts bout him!

Love Minali x
Anuradha IF-Sizzlerz
Anuradha
Anuradha

Posted: 07 June 2007 at 10:03am | IP Logged
Here is one thread for Mukesh which we can use for posting various articles about Mukesh saab.. I have moved the thread on Mukesh saab's facts to this one as we already have one thread dedicated for him.. This will also help the members to find all the articles on one go in a single thread.. Smile

Edited by Anu.Rad - 07 June 2007 at 10:12am
N Sinha Goldie
N Sinha
N Sinha

Posted: 07 June 2007 at 10:52am | IP Logged

XYZ.....................

Edited by N Sinha - 07 June 2007 at 11:11am

Go to top