Too_Much

-

Posted: 11 March 2006 at 6:17am | IP Logged
thanks sir as usual good post.

Surpremi IF-Dazzler
Surpremi
Surpremi

Posted: 11 March 2006 at 6:18am | IP Logged
Thank you Da - the movie, the songs, RK, Mukesh and your refresher on Joker above are a marvel. Joker was very dear to RK - he was told my many gurus that it would lose money at the Box Office but he didnt care - he wanted to make it as a tribute to the film industry and all his favorite heroines (Nargisjee, Vyjantimalajee, etc...) - sort of his way of saying "Thank You"..... Wink
Quietude IF-Rockerz
Quietude
Quietude

Posted: 11 March 2006 at 7:57am | IP Logged
In my opinion he carried all type of songs with great elan Clap

some of my all time favs are-

Chaand Si Mehbooba Ho Meri

Saranga Teri Yaad

Dil Tadap Tadap Ke

Dost Dost Na Raha

Chandan Sa badan

Kahin Door Jab Din (ne1 heard the bengali version amaye proshno kore?.... its equally good)

Mujhko is Raat Ki Tanhai

Kabhi Kabhi

and many more
Smile

Vipul15 Groupbie
Vipul15
Vipul15

Posted: 11 March 2006 at 1:19pm | IP Logged
I saw here many great songs of Mukesh were poated and I alost like many of them bur here are some rare songs once must listen to ... They r not that famous

1> Bahe na kabhi nain se neer (Dr Vidya in year 1946). Mukesh sang for Dev Anand
2> Aae payase dil bezuban - picturised on Jaikishan
3> Dil ki pareshaniyan Ishq ki viraniyan - picturised on Balraj Sahni - movie - Humlog
4> Hum aaj kanhidil kho baithe - Andaaz
5> Dil tujhe diya tha rakhne ko - Malhar (Mukesh himeself was hero)
6> Tara tute dunyia dekhae - Malhar
7> Kanha ho tum zara aawaaaz do - malhar (duet wit Lata)
N Sinha Goldie
N Sinha
N Sinha

Posted: 11 March 2006 at 3:07pm | IP Logged
Thanks KB for a wonderful post

you can't treat your fans like this, no. of your posts must increase KBji. Wink
Qwest IF-Rockerz
Qwest
Qwest

Banned for Advertising

Posted: 06 September 2006 at 7:58pm | IP Logged
'Papa'        By : Nalini Mukesh Mathur
  The name 'Mukesh' to most people conjures up the image of a great singer; a greater human being. But  to me it means-  " Papa ".                                          When I was asked to write about him, a millions incidents rushed to my minds. I can write a book on him. I thought. When I actually sat down to put my experiences and memories on paper, I failed .

It is always difficult to write about someone you have loved ; adored ; in the past tense, when that someone is also a renowned name, on whom thousands of words have already been written the going gets more difficult. Either the write up is too personal and reeking sentimentality or cold and superficial. 

So after days to trying to write on him and failing miserably, I picked these pictures from the family albums and decided to write around them.
( This photograph (1946) was taken immediately after their wedding , which took place in a temple in a Kandiwali , at the residence of  Mr. R.D. Mathur.)   
Let see ! His marriage. He from a middle class family of the kayastha community. She a loved  daughter of  millionaire Gujarati Brahmins. Hardly a suitable match !    Especially with him having him no proper house, an erratic in-come and a " immoral " profession ! So thought her family. Thus Mukesh and Sarla eloped.  

Everyone made dire predictions of unhappy days and divorce; but both weathered the' lean days and celebrated their thirtieth wedding anniversary on the 22nd July,1976 five days before his departure for the U.S.A. on 27th July,1976.

( This photograph (1952) was taken when she came from Delhi to visit him. Mukesh flanked by his wife Sarla and mother Chand Rani. On his lap are the first two of his five children ,daughter Rita and son Nitin.)
Mukesh earliest memories were of his mother. He worshiped her. She was always there as a great inspiration to him and even after she died in 1960,in the greatest as well as gravest moments of his life, he thought of her ; called out to her. Amongst his last thoughts and words was his " BAUAA "
 ( That's him looks like an actor, doesn't he ? )
Mukesh came to Bombay in 1940 not to be a playback singer but to be an actor. His acting career was utter flop, but in the process he became an extremely successful singer. Then again in the early fifties he got the " actingbug ".This time he produce a film 'Anurag' starring Usha Kiran, Mridulla, and himself. The film ran into financial difficulties and was never released. Yet the songs of the film, which he composed himself. are evergreen and sung till to-day.
( In this memorable picture taken at the recording of Jis Desh Mein Ganga Bahti Hai , " Hum Bhi Hain Tum Bhin Ho" seated from left to right are singers Geeta Dutt, Lata Mangeshkar, Manna Dey, Mahendra Kapoor and Mukesh. Standing from left to right are Shankar, Raj Kapoor, Recordist Minoo Kartak and Jaikishan. )  
His association with Raj Kapoor started in 1946. In on interview on television in Mauritius, Mukesh laughingly called it " Love at first sight !" They  shared  a unique bond which cannot describe very well on paper. The world know them as ' Body and the soul '. His genial temperament won him the respect and love of all his colleagues. 

Papa was known to be on unassuming and humble man. The following incident proves it. He often went abroad to perform and on one such trip Nitin and I both accompanied him to Mauritius . As we deplaned at the airport, a massive crowd broke into cheers  and television camera whirred. Nitin turned to him asked, " Papa why are there so many people ? " The very innocent reply was , " I don't know but must be some minister or dignitary arriving ! " Well, they were there to receive him !

( This picture was taken at the town hall show in Mauritius where a hundred thousand people collected to see him sing. " Aawara Hoon "  he sang and the entire sea of people danced to his singing. Left to right Nitin ,Nalini and Mukesh,)
( Mukesh (1976) speaking on the phone with Anand Bakshi )
A few days before his departure for the U.S.A. my parents celebrated their 'Pearl Anniversary' - thirty years of married life. We had a small get together with close friends and colleagues. A day before that, he had heard his song for ' Satyam Shivam Sudaram ' for the first time, Now that is one song which grows on you. It's not one that hits  you the first time you hear it. But he loved instantly. At the party he received a phone call from Anand Bakshi who called to apologies for not coming." BakshiSab, " he said ,' Aapko sau khoon maaf,'  you have written a master piece ! Its going to be a song which people will remember for generations  to come.
How prophetic those words were ! It was the last song he ever recorded.

Edited by Qwest - 06 September 2006 at 7:58pm
Qwest IF-Rockerz
Qwest
Qwest

Banned for Advertising

Posted: 06 September 2006 at 8:45pm | IP Logged

Legendary singers,honored with commemorative stamp

After much afterthought, the Government has finally taken the move to release the commemorative stamps to honour the great four legendary singers of Hindi Film music. The efforts of Mr.Rajeev Shrivastava have finally yielded fruits and we owe our thanks to him for this. Along with Mohommad Rafi, the other three legendary singers, Kishore Kumar, […]

After much afterthought, the Government has finally taken the move to release the commemorative stamps to honour the great four legendary singers of Hindi Film music. The efforts of Mr.Rajeev Shrivastava have finally yielded fruits and we owe our thanks to him for this. Along with Mohommad Rafi, the other three legendary singers, Kishore Kumar, Mukesh and singer-composer, Hemant Kumar have been honoured.

Legendary singer, Mohommad Rafi, honored with commemorative stamp

The stamps were issued on May 15 at a show organized by Swar Sansar, at Siri Fort auditorium, New Delhi. The stamps were released by Padma Balasubramaniam, Secretary in the department of posts of the communication and information technology ministry.

In addition to family members of these honored singers, this show was attended by well known legendary celebrities and yesteryear playback singers including legendary 83 years old Mannadey, who was honoured with a special award by Swar Sansar and officebearers of Y.K Gaiha and well known author Rajeev Srivastava. The family members of these singers included Mukesh's son and singer Nitin Mukesh, Kishore's wife Leena Chandavarkar and her son Sumit, Mohommad Rafi's daughter-in-law Firdaur Shahid Rafi, grand son Fuzail Rafi and Hemant Kumar's son Jayanta Mukherjee and wife Moushami Chatterjee.

Edited by Qwest - 06 September 2006 at 8:46pm
ajooni IF-Rockerz
ajooni
ajooni

Posted: 06 September 2006 at 11:57pm | IP Logged
thanks for revivingthe thread qwestji Smile

Go to top