Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki (Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii)

India-Forums

Ali asgar

Mishubaa IF-Rockerz
Mishubaa
Mishubaa

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 5:40pm | IP Logged
Asghar turns villain with a vengeance
Till two weeks ago everyone thought Kamal, played by Ali Asghar in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki, was a harmless fellow. Om's trusted younger brother and Parvati's confidante, he will never do anything that goes against the interests of his family and Parvati. Recently when Ajay turned against the family, particularly Parvati, by joining hands with rival industrialist Mehra, Kamal was on Parvati's side.

But suddenly there's a twist in the tale that has surprised everyone. Aggarwal family's most trusted member has turned villain. Suddenly he is a brave man asking for his rights and rightful place in the family and business. He has turned against Parvati whom he considered nothing less than Sita, so much so that he has played a major role in sending her to a mental asylum. The sudden twist in the story and Kamal's rebellion against Parvati has generated considerable interest in the soap, which was dragging on for some time.

How and why has Kamal become Parvati's tormentor? Ali Asghar wouldn't let the secret out. "It's an interesting, very dramatic and a totally unexpected twist in the story. I can't reveal more than this. There is a lot happening in the serial which will also be determined by audience's feedback and the TRPs," says Ali who was always projected as the 'yes' boy of the family.

The high-voltage confrontation between him and Parvati in recent episodes was nothing short of some class histrionics where Ali gave a tongue-lashing to Parvati for treating him almost like the family's servant. The unrepentant Kamal spewed venom and swore revenge with such intensity that it sent shivers down Parvati's spine as also that of the viewers.

"What has so far been shown is Kamal's outburst in sheer anger and out of frustration for being taken for granted. But there is something more brewing. There are more people involved in the plot," says Ali guardedly. He however, admits that he is not comfortable with what he is doing against Parvati. "It's totally against my image that has been created over four years," he adds. In fact, Ali was very nervous when he was told about the sudden twist in the story. "I was told that I was going to turn negative and that too against Parvati. I was nervous and confused. I feared for my image," he confesses.

His fear has come true. For, Ali says the feedback he has got from various people and sources confirmed his fear that people will not take it positively. "I know people are going to hate me," says Kamal who is however, glad that people do react when things go against their expectations. "It is all fictional drama and yet audience reacts strongly. It means that people appreciate good work and hard efforts an actor puts in. I have given my best to Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki and it is the best work I have done so far."

His other best work was Itihaas, also an Ektaa Kappor daily. "It was a great role," gushes Ali who played a don's son who was too scared of his father ever since he saw him committing a murder. "But after my father's death I took over the reins and became a don. The role had different shades, soft, romantic, ruthless, sly… a well-rounded character." But he regrets that his performance didn't get noticed much in the metro cities and TRP towns besides in the television industry because the serial was telecast on Doordarshan.

It is another story that the actor with chubby cheeks, roundish face and portly visage started as comedian in shows like Do Aur Do Paanch, Tere Ghar Ke Saamne, Parampara and Dil Vil Pyar Vyar. And in showbiz once an actor gets slotted as comedian he remains a comedian forever. But Ali Asghar succeeded in getting out of the comedian's slot and proved his mettle in serious roles.

Better known as Kamal of Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki, the role that has helped him get name and fame, Ali gives full credit to Ekta Kapoor for his success and popularity. "Despite my image of a comedian she cast me first in a negative role in Itihaas and then in a serious role in Kahani," says the actor

Bolly*_Crazed IF-Dazzler
Bolly*_Crazed
Bolly*_Crazed

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 9:35pm | IP Logged
Thanx for posting Big smile
.Prometheus. Channel Moderator
.Prometheus.
.Prometheus.

Posted: 13 March 2006 at 8:21am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing
Sasha4eva Goldie
Sasha4eva