India-Forums

Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

Looking good and Dancing Well

ranig IF-Dazzler
ranig
ranig

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 5:24pm | IP Logged

What do you think about the complete package idea that indian idol is trying to inforce upon. Farah's "performance" idea. 

Dont you think these singers need to focus more on their singing? Personally, that's why I like SRGMP better. 

After watching the Holi episode ......I was like .......people like Vishwas, Vinita and some others were better than some of the Indian Idol people who are in the top 5.  I'm sorry if that offends anybody who likes the II2.

Does a good playback singer need to look good and dance well? It might be a plus, but I don't think so.

What do you say? 

uknaik99 IF-Rockerz
uknaik99
uknaik99

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 5:32pm | IP Logged
Yeah those guys are looking for X factor - singing ability,looks, attitude n performance.. Panna had these quantities (my opinion)

I also personally think that SRGMP contestants were better than IL2 singers.. ofcourse except Karunya n Amey.. i was wondering how besura singers like yashasree,neha,ravi ( Confused ) came in final 12 .. now that Anuj n sandeep are hopeless
~divya~ Senior Member
~divya~
~divya~

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 5:34pm | IP Logged
well i don't know if indian idol is based on just singing or not, but the idea of that show might be to find someone who is equally good in both singing and performing instaed of just singing, and maybe that's also why they have judges like farah khan. maybe they want to come up with a good stage performer and yet a pretty good playback singer.
uknaik99 IF-Rockerz
uknaik99
uknaik99

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 5:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by adwarakanath

We want singers. Not some dumb performers who can go naked but not sing. Angry

So what do you think Abhijeet,ameet,rahul vaidya, karunya, aantra,amey are doing there , going naked????

Don't use bad words Abhie.. manners,manners...

We need to keep up with world.. the singers you mentioned are greatest but they are from older generation

In compitation if you go n sing without doing anything it wl wrokout, but on stage you hv to do performance or else audience will thru chappal.
ranig IF-Dazzler
ranig
ranig

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 6:29pm | IP Logged
What I was trying to get at is when I here a song, I want the best voice.

Not someone who does not know how to sing that well, but oh well he/she is the complete package because he/she looks decent and can dance well.

They might as well go in for acting. Why disturb my auditory senses.

Karunya is awsome, I have to admit, but he is not necessarily the best performer. But, Id rather listen to him any day from the rest.   
uknaik99 IF-Rockerz
uknaik99
uknaik99

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 6:33pm | IP Logged
every singer need time to develop his/her art

have you heard earliest songs of all the great singers??? give them time... all most all of them copied one or others...

IL2 girls are wearing beautiful dresses (except Neha, she looked like a item girl) comparing to SRGMP girls dresses and horrible makeup (ugh those blue eye shadows.. Dead Dead )IL2 girls are more lucky.......

But talent wise SRGMP girls are more ahead of them...

so Abhie what do you think about Karunya (he is my fav) n Amey??

Edited by uknaik99 - 10 March 2006 at 6:34pm
Alamelu IF-Rockerz
Alamelu
Alamelu

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 9:18pm | IP Logged
i just saw the video of holi special of srgmp.......same thing is going on here........why are guests...dancing similar to what adwarakji..was saying......i know this is holi special...why cannot they make the dancing more in line with srgmp instead of a filmfare show kind......that's bad......why do we need them to dance....why cannot just the singers sing!!!!!

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top