India-Forums

Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

The Voice (Page 2)

gaggo Senior Member
gaggo
gaggo

Posted: 11 March 2006 at 10:48am | IP Logged
There is a very fine non filmi romantic song by Rafi Saab.I heard it long time back...does anyone know about it..the words are something like

Tum saamne biathi raho main geet gaun pyar ke

Musiqar Groupbie
Musiqar
Musiqar

Posted: 11 March 2006 at 12:25pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by adwarakanath

PLease upload, muqsir ji Big smile

Sorry I do not have access as these are on record plates(Tawwa) My Grand father(dadduji) use to have a record player and play when we were kids. I didnt care at the time. I dont know if they are in any good condition to play. He had a collection of many 40's music records. I believe these were reproduced much later. Also songs of Zohrbai, Amirbai, KL, Pankaj Mullik, K.C Dey etc

Musiqar Groupbie
Musiqar
Musiqar

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 6:09pm | IP Logged
You are the composers. I will sing the way you tell me to
This anecdote was provided by Ms. Nalini Ramji

In 1947, the Shankar-Jaikishan team was given its first job, composing the music for Barsaat. Their first composition was Main Zindagi Mein Hardam Rota Hi Raha Hun, which required a singer with an extremely wide vocal range. Being new in the field, they were afraid that Rafi, whom they had been told was the only one who could sing it, would refuse to sing for them. When he came to see them, they were very nervous, and said, "Please listen to the tune and sing it as you would like to." Rafi smiled and replied, "You are the composers. I will sing the way you tell me to." From that time, Shankar and Jaikishan quickly climbed the ladder of success, and Rafi became the soul of their music.

Edited by Musiqar - 12 March 2006 at 6:10pm
Musiqar Groupbie
Musiqar
Musiqar

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 6:28pm | IP Logged
The song, Yahan Badla Wafa Ka
This anecdote was provided by Ms. Nalini Ramji

In the early days, when Rafi was trying to establish himself, Firoze Nizami composed a duet between Noorjehan and G.M.Durrani, for 'Jugnu'. However, Noorjehan persuaded Firoze Nizami to use Rafi instead of G.M.Durrani. The song, Yahan Badla Wafa Ka became a super hit quickly brought Rafi into the limelight.

Musiqar Groupbie
Musiqar
Musiqar

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 6:37pm | IP Logged

The Rafi-Kishore saga

The following article appeared in The Statesman,Calcutta, on Aug.7 th 2005. It will give more food for thought to the ongoing debate about the Rafi personality and magic - Mohan Flora .

It is an astonishing fact that O.P. Nayar used Rafi to sing for Kishore Kumar the unforgettable tune Man Mora Bawra in Ragini in 1957. Shanker Jaikishan also had Rafi to sing Ajab Hai Dastan in Shararat in 1958. Says record museum owner Vinod Santhalia, It is simply amazing. Imagine Mohd. Rafi sang for Kishore Kumar in films Kishore himself acted.

Shanker Jaikishan commented, No doubt Kishore Kumar is a good singer. He sang beautifully for me in Rangoli. But Ajab Hai Dastan was simply not Kishores cup of tea. The mukhdas and antaras required a singer of Rafis range and classical background.

Although Kishore Kumar felt bad about this, he could only marvel at Rafis brilliant rendering of the two songs. Rafi characteristically remarked, No one else except Kishore could sing Dukhi Man Mera in Funtoosh so well.

Salil Choudhury was not favourably inclined towards Rafi at one point of time, but even he was compelled to use Rafi for the unforgettable Tootey Huey Khuabo Nay in Madhumati and Koi Soney Ke Dil Wala in Maya and confess that Rafi was indeed peerless.

It is generally known that Rafi and Kishore went through a bad patch in their relationship. Yet it is also true that both liked and respected each other. S.D. Burman openly admitted to Kishore that the three solos in Guide by Rafi could not be matched by any singer. On Dev Anands special request, he composed the Kishore-Lata super hit duet Gata Rahe Mera Dil for Guide. Similarly, Rafis numbers in Teen Deviyan and the haunting duet with Lata Mangeshkar in Jewel Thief were far superior to the Kishore numbers in these films.

In the late 60s when R.D. Burman composed the melody for Tum Bin Jaaun Kahan in Pyar Ka Mausam, he experimented the same solo with both Rafi and Kishore. True, Kishore sang this number by melodiously incorporating his inimitable yodelling. But in the romantic number, Rafi scored over Kishore in melody.
As Kishore himself said when Jagjit Singh criticised the Rafi gharana, How dare these so-called ghazal singers criticise an icon that Manna Dey, Mukesh and I dare not criticise. Rafi was unique

Edited by Musiqar - 12 March 2006 at 6:44pm
yazz80 Groupbie
yazz80
yazz80

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 7:04pm | IP Logged
Chale Saajan Ghar            Shaadi Se Pehele       1947
Chalo Ho Gai Taiyaar Zaraa        Shaadi Se Pehele 1947
Das Naa Jaayen Tujhko                   Malika 1947
Desh Mein Sankar Aaya Hai          Aap Ki Sewa Mein 1947
Do Din Ginti Ke Umariyaa Biti Jaaye        Do Dil (1947) 1947
Duniyaa Men Mere Aaj Andheraa Hi Andheraa       Do Bhai (1947) 1947
Hamako Tumhare Hee Aasara Tum          Sajan 1947