Now you can dress up like Monisha

monika.goel IF-Stunnerz
monika.goel
monika.goel

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 2:59pm | IP Logged
 Now you can dress up like Monisha, Jayshree
   By: Rashmi Rajput
   July 28, 2005

They have draped some of your well-known TV stars like Rupali Ganguli, who plays Monisha in Sarabhai vs Sarabhai and have had their clothes modelled at fashion shows.

And now they are open in your suburb, beckoning women, who like their saris and chania cholis customised to suit their style. But, of course, there's a catch — the only way you can ever step into Vibhutee Valley of Designer Sarees at RRT Road is by appointment.

The boutique, which opened in May is next to their main store, Vibhutee value of Designer Sarees, which is about 10 years old, and is owned by Shanker Bhanushali, a resident of Swapna Nagari.

Says Bhanushali, "We opened the designer boutique for clients who want a more exclusive range. The appointment system is so that we can pay attention to our customer without any distraction. I think the system works because the customer ends up feeling important and gets true value for money."

What is really interesting about the store is that one can customise their sari to the very last detail. Explains Bhanushali, "From deciding what material you want to what kind of work goes on the pallu, everything can be decided by the client.

We are here to guide and provide the options." And if this isn't good enough to tempt you, then this will definitely get you going. Apparently they even throw in freebies like purses and other accessories to 'complete your look'.

Of course the credit for the designer saris go to the store's in-house designer, Shruti Jain, who has done her fashion designing course from Nirmala Niketan, Churchgate. "In my final year, 2004, I used to freelance for Vibhutee and later after completing my degree I joined in as their in-house designer," she says.

Shruti has designed for celebrities in serials like Sarabhai vs Sarabhai and Instant Khichadi on Star One.

"When I design for a celebrity I keep in mind certain things like - which colour will suit her best, her height, her complexion, etc." She adds, "We pride ourselves on the fact that everything here is an exclusive item and there are no repeats."

For appointments, call 32010644 / 25600361

I have ordered some sarees from Vibhutee: Rupali Ganguli

Says Rupali Ganguli, who plays Monisha in Sarabhai vs Sarabhai, "The reason why I inaugurated Vibhutee was that I love their collection. I have told the owner to send a few samples on the sets so that I can buy whatever I like from them."

I'll shop from here someday

Vandana Pathak, who plays Jayshree in Instant Khichdi on Star One, says, "Our dress co-ordinator takes care to decide on the character's clothes. Vibhutee's collection must be really good and therefore the clothes are chosen from there. I'll shop from there someday if I have time."

What regulars have to say about the store

Rinkee Gadda

Resident of Zaver Road

"I bought a pink chania choli for my engagement from here. It's just gorgeous with heavy gold work."

Chetan Thakkar
Resident of RP Cross Road

"My wife always gets compliments for the clothes I buy for her from here."

http://web.mid-day.com/hitlist/2005/july/114961.htm

uvcraziestfan IF-Sizzlerz
uvcraziestfan
uvcraziestfan

Posted: 12 March 2006 at 3:51am | IP Logged
thanks
vrishti Goldie
vrishti
vrishti