Ek Ladki Anjaani Si (Ek Ladki Anjani Si)

India-Forums

At one point I had 19 pet cats

anishma24 IF-Sizzlerz
anishma24
anishma24

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 2:43pm | IP Logged

At one point I had 19 pet cats

Kanchi Kaul, aka Anu of Ek Ladki Anjaani Si, talks to Sapana Patil about work, leisure and the friends that kept her company

ON LIFE BEFORE EK LADKI...

I refused to play Anu initially but agreed when the people at Sony insisted. Now, I enjoy being a part of the show. Ek Ladki… is so happening! Something or the other keeps happening in every episode unlike other serials that unfold very slowly. Also, the red scooter is so much fun. It took me ten days to learn to ride it. Even before Ek Ladki…, I got plenty of offers, including Miilee. I can't mention the names of the other productions because I don't want the producers to hate me (laughs).

ON IMPORTANT DECISIONS

I believe that whatever happens, happens for good reason. I neither regret the decision of taking up Telugu films nor that of quitting them. I was very young when I took to Telugu cinema. At that time, I was scared about the fact that I did not know the language. But nevertheless, I acted in those films, and out of six, four did well. I was happy about it but I decided to come back because Mumbai is home, and my family is here. Living in a hotel for two years did not go well with me. At the end of the day, I wanted to crash on my own bed, in my own room.

ON LIFE AFTER EK LADKI…

I shoot 15 hours a day, 30 days a month. Thankfully, my body can take all that pressure. But I have no personal life. I don't get to see my parents even though we live under the same roof. Once, I bought a gift for my friend but couldn't meet her to give it. I had to courier it to her place at Breach Candy. But I am rewarded well for my hard work. Not only am I paid good money, but I'm also taken care of – pampered and promoted. The effort is worth it.

ON FOOD AND TRAVEL

I am a foodie. I relish vegetarian and non-vegetarian fare equally. But I can't cook to save my life. I have never ventured into the kitchen. I am sure I can cook instant noodles if I follow the instructions. I love to travel. I have been to most places in India. My last holiday was in Goa. When I travel, I ensure that I get to spend time shopping and partying.

ON THE REAL KANCHI

I used to be a sweet devil as a child. I would get away with mischief because no one would suspect me. When I was in school, I once placed a packet of itching powder under the fan and left the class. The whole class had a scratching fit. The teacher reprimanded a boy she suspected because he had a reputation for mischief. But he didn't say a word although he knew that I was the culprit because he was in love with me. At another time, I ate five dozen mangoes at one go. When the mango peti came, I got so excited that I wanted to eat it all myself and didn't want to let my brother have any. I spent the next day in the loo, of course.

I am a film buff. I carry my portable DVD player with me and watch films on the sets between the shots. I also love animals. I've had white mice, fish and dogs. And at one point I had 19 pet cats!

* When I was in school, I once placed a packet of itching powder under the fan and left the class. The whole class had a scratching fit – Kanchi Kaul

buttercup IF-Stunnerz
buttercup
buttercup

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 9:03pm | IP Logged
Monika have posted the same thing a bit earlier.
im sorry i have to close this one.

butter Smile
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top