Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

Indian Idol VS American Idol (Page 3)

battosai64 Groupbie
battosai64
battosai64

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 8:32pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by lovely

-- Moreover the most important aspect is that in American Idol they do not disclose the city of the participants except during the 1st introduction. In Indian Idol gaon ki ladki melodrama was too much. It got tiresome and that's how the regionalism started.

Actually, they do disclose the city information. They did it in almost every round I think. But US is definitely not as regionalistic as India. Having ONE language probably helps.

Shawn89 Goldie

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 9:18pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
pams309 IF-Dazzler
pams309
pams309

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 10:06pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Alamelu

I just started watching American Idol just to see how different or same it was from Indian Idol..........these are the things I noticed .......please post your opinions too.......

1.  Not too much focus on dresses in American Idol...so far.....contestants seem to wear something simple.......
2.  Focus was on singing alone...not performance.........the judges kept talking about contestants' singing, what they felt when they listened to them....

In Indian idol.....
1. performance and dressing seem to take a focus rather than the singing.....except by sonu and sometimes by anu........definitely not by Farah.....she should definitely not be a judge here at all..........

This is again my humble opinion...........what's yours??????

I am watching American Idol since last two seasons.

the main differences between AI n II are like this.

1. American Idol contestants are more professional, n more focused. and put in lot of hard work, which is evidently seen. episode after episode, their performance level goes up...usually!

2. they are more open to criticism. and they try to take it with positive frame of mind, and try to improve inthat particular aspect.

3. yes, as you said, they are not tat much bothered abt  looks are wat they r wearing. for me, they look very down to earth n a firm headon their shoulders.

coming to American Idol voting

1. more matured voting, the thing that they give importance only to talent is very evident by looking at the ppl who get voted out, and who get sailed to the next round. if "mandisa" is in Indian Idol, she would have voted out in the 1st place, jus becoz she is heavy set. or Fantasia baritto would have lost to diana degarbo. or ruben Stddurd ould have never won.

2. one major important point is you can very clearly guess who gets voted out in one particular GALA. you know who didnt perform well, and results always prove that. there usually wont be surprises in who gets voted out. till now, i could almost get it right! that itself speaks volumes...how responsible are american ppl...they understand their responsibility and vote with lots of respect to the talent...which is missing in Indian Idol voting.

btw my favourites in this new season of American Idol are Paris, mandisa, Lisa, Chris,Elliot,Katherine!!  and this  chicken little too...( kevin covais)

karunya_forever IF-Dazzler
karunya_forever
karunya_forever

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 11:36pm | IP Logged
indian idol is better but the only fault it has is that contestants gets votes on the basis of their areas and religion and in american idol they give votes on their qualities ----------and i watch american idol as well ....and i am with taylor and kelly!!! Wink
giggles_2005 Goldie
giggles_2005
giggles_2005

Posted: 11 March 2006 at 12:04am | IP Logged
My 2 cents...
1) In American Idol ppl dont cry as much
2) results are announced without the dramebaazi by the host
3) ppl take criticism well usually unless Simon really provokes them
4) overall a far better treat to watch!!
anonmember IF-Sizzlerz
anonmember
anonmember

Posted: 11 March 2006 at 12:06am | IP Logged
The person who deserves to leave usually does in AI! II2 depends too much on shocks and twists than good singing.
sims Groupbie
sims
sims

Posted: 11 March 2006 at 12:06am | IP Logged
one very good thing in american idol is that they really listen to the singing and vote on the basis of that . its not all about performing like that stupid farah keeps on about . whoever wins the title is not just gonna do a few public shows but if the singing is bad who is gonna listen to them . ultimately it comes down to singing nobody is gonna watch them perform on the radio.
giggles_2005 Goldie
giggles_2005
giggles_2005

Posted: 11 March 2006 at 12:10am | IP Logged
The quality of singers is also much better in AI...no offence meant but a majority of II singers are below average

Go to top