Indian Idol VS American Idol - Page 2

Posted: 18 years ago
i think singing should take top priority but performance is also equally important cuz the Indian Idol is not only supposed to be a background singer but also a performer. they're supposed to do loads of stage shows and stuff so being a good performer is vital.
Originally posted by ReXLoVeR

ew I hate the AI judges they so annoying..Randy.. YO DOG iz soo annoyingg n Simon is soo gay..and Paula acts lyk shes so yung wen shess a senior citizen or sumthin..heheh and yeahh the singers dont hav no performance! and they always sing oldd songs.. I hate AI .. I just like the auditions cuz they are funny.. hhe William Hungg!!! SHE BANGSS SHE BANGSS!! hahaa

Indian Idol copied American Idol.😆

In American Idol they don't always sing old songs, they just don't sing rap songs and other songs witch are not even considered "songs".

Oh yeah that asian guy was funny in the auditions.😆
Originally posted by Alamelu

I just started watching American Idol just to see how different or same it was from Indian Idol..........these are the things I noticed .......please post your opinions too.......

1.  Not too much focus on dresses in American Idol...so far.....contestants seem to wear something simple.......
2.  Focus was on singing alone...not performance.........the judges kept talking about contestants' singing, what they felt when they listened to them....

In Indian idol.....
1. performance and dressing seem to take a focus rather than the singing.....except by sonu and sometimes by anu........definitely not by Farah.....she should definitely not be a judge here at all..........

This is again my humble opinion...........what's yours??????

I think thats because thewy don't really have pure singing contests like sa re ga ma in US...And I guess for us its a mtter of international presentation etc., so we have to take care that the contestant is good enough in presentation too...
Originally posted by ReXLoVeR

ew I hate the AI judges they so annoying..Randy.. YO DOG iz soo annoyingg n Simon is soo gay..and Paula acts lyk shes so yung wen shess a senior citizen or sumthin..heheh and yeahh the singers dont hav no performance! and they always sing oldd songs.. I hate AI .. I just like the auditions cuz they are funny.. hhe William Hungg!!! SHE BANGSS SHE BANGSS!! hahaa

ya i liked the auditions too...the show isn't as interesting as II i feel...this is my humble opinion 😆😆

Originally posted by lovely

-- Moreover the most important aspect is that in American Idol they do not disclose the city of the participants except during the 1st introduction. In Indian Idol gaon ki ladki melodrama was too much. It got tiresome and that's how the regionalism started.

Actually, they do disclose the city information. They did it in almost every round I think. But US is definitely not as regionalistic as India. Having ONE language probably helps.

I for one think that II is better than AI

American Idol is good only in the auditions, but after that its not good till the grand finale.

The songs they sing are so old n crusty 😆 😆 Songs i havent even heard of LOL

At least i know whats going on in Indian Idol

Originally posted by Alamelu

I just started watching American Idol just to see how different or same it was from Indian Idol..........these are the things I noticed .......please post your opinions too.......

1.  Not too much focus on dresses in American Idol...so far.....contestants seem to wear something simple.......
2.  Focus was on singing alone...not performance.........the judges kept talking about contestants' singing, what they felt when they listened to them....

In Indian idol.....
1. performance and dressing seem to take a focus rather than the singing.....except by sonu and sometimes by anu........definitely not by Farah.....she should definitely not be a judge here at all..........

This is again my humble opinion...........what's yours??????

I am watching American Idol since last two seasons.

the main differences between AI n II are like this.

1. American Idol contestants are more professional, n more focused. and put in lot of hard work, which is evidently seen. episode after episode, their performance level goes up...usually!

2. they are more open to criticism. and they try to take it with positive frame of mind, and try to improve inthat particular aspect.

3. yes, as you said, they are not tat much bothered abt  looks are wat they r wearing. for me, they look very down to earth n a firm headon their shoulders.

coming to American Idol voting

1. more matured voting, the thing that they give importance only to talent is very evident by looking at the ppl who get voted out, and who get sailed to the next round. if "mandisa" is in Indian Idol, she would have voted out in the 1st place, jus becoz she is heavy set. or Fantasia baritto would have lost to diana degarbo. or ruben Stddurd ould have never won.

2. one major important point is you can very clearly guess who gets voted out in one particular GALA. you know who didnt perform well, and results always prove that. there usually wont be surprises in who gets voted out. till now, i could almost get it right! that itself speaks volumes...how responsible are american ppl...they understand their responsibility and vote with lots of respect to the talent...which is missing in Indian Idol voting.

btw my favourites in this new season of American Idol are Paris, mandisa, Lisa, Chris,Elliot,Katherine!!  and this  chicken little too...( kevin covais)

indian idol is better but the only fault it has is that contestants gets votes on the basis of their areas and religion and in american idol they give votes on their qualities ----------and i watch american idol as well ....and i am with taylor and kelly!!! 😉
My 2 cents...
1) In American Idol ppl dont cry as much
2) results are announced without the dramebaazi by the host
3) ppl take criticism well usually unless Simon really provokes them
4) overall a far better treat to watch!!
The person who deserves to leave usually does in AI! II2 depends too much on shocks and twists than good singing.